PDA

View Full Version : November packing?????

nicole48040
07-15-2007, 09:31 AM
My family is going to WDW around Thanksgiving time, and I just don't know what type of clothing to purchase and pack. Shorts? Jeans? Jackets? Long sleeve or short? I mean you can't take your whole closet so what DO you take????? Please help! Pretty Please:blush:

lindique
07-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Nicole, unfortuntely, you might need most of your closet!:mickey: The weather at that time of the year is very unpredictable and changeable. It could be low 80's during the day and low 60's at night, or low 70's during the day and low 50's at night. And the sun goes down about 5:30 PM. It feels much cooler without the sun shining.

I suggest that you bring a sweatshirt and windbreaker (doubles as a rain jacket for light showers) for each person. You can usually wear jeans and a tee shirt during the day. The sweatshirt will probably be needed early morning and after dinner - you can tie it around your waist during the day. You might want to bring a pair of shorts just in case it gets unseasonable warm for a few days. In addition, although it's not very likely at the end of November, you might need winter jackets at night.

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Last year we had long sleeve t-shirts, and tank tops and shorts and jeans. We wore them all. Like the person before said at night it gets cooler but during the day it was warm.

jodijo
07-15-2007, 11:04 AM
My family is going to WDW around Thanksgiving time, and I just don't know what type of clothing to purchase and pack. Shorts? Jeans? Jackets? Long sleeve or short?

YES! We have gone twice during that time of year. One year we had a day over 85º and the next was not even 60º. So, I would take it all. You never know what you will need.

vamaggie
07-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Wewent last time in the beginning of Nov and it was warm. Still what I did ( and plan to do for our upcoming early Nov trip) was to pack as much as I could early (like 2-3 weeks before) and then check the weather channel about 7-10 days out to see what they are predicting and pack clothes accordingly. Still, I will probably bring some shirts and longs since the only thing certain about weather is its unpredictability!!!

Lehman Family
07-15-2007, 11:29 AM
We used to try to take all of our trips in November. It's a great time to go because it's very rarely too hot. You will need to pack some of everything though. During the day it is usually in the 70's or 80's and during the nights it's usually in the 60's. Like they said before, check the weather channel before you go because it will give you a fairly decent indicator of what you should expect.

AllDisney
07-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I think for that time of year the weather can go either way, so pack accordingly. Take a couple T-shirts and shorts, but don't forget the jeans, long sleeve tops and jeans.

You just might begin the week in the low 80's and finish the week out in the 60's.

Have a great trip:mickey:

BronxTigger
07-15-2007, 01:04 PM
We went one year in mid-December (I know, not quite November) and the temperatures ranged from 80-30 degrees. (Yes, 30...we were riding Test Track in parkas). It was like a record low or something; there were replacing the plants that had frozen overnight.

Anyways, I would pack to allow to dress in layers, and have a mix of long pants and shorts, short sleeves and jackets. We have gone in November before and the weather was nice, but I was young and don't remember any details.

MsMin
07-15-2007, 01:39 PM
It dropped down to 29 for us once remember you are in the citrus zone and a nice dec. frost makes the oranges sweeter so those dips are part of the climate.
I prefer not to go too bare that time of year b/c of the a/c on the inside. LAYERS or clothes you can layer are what we use. T-shirts or sporty tops w/ sweatshirts and a light jacket. Mid day the sun can heat up to a nice warm 70-80 and that same evening drop by nightfall to a low 45-50 making your summerwear unbearable for the fireworks. We've froze 3 out of the past 4 years. Temps down here can be deceiving too b/c the humidity and winds that blow off that lake in EPCOT can create quite a windchill, it can be some of the coldest 45 degree weather you may feel.
I've mentioned before it's very sad when you see toddlers @ MVMCP in 35 degree weather dressed in flip flops and shorts crying to go home b/c they are cold :(

SgtTigger
07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Yea as everyone has said.... pack for both.....

We go every year at that time and one trip we got there and it was 80 and sunny and over night it went to 38 and cloudy......

You never know at that time of the year....

On the up side over night that year they changed over all the shops to winter clothes over night....... So you could buy a nice jacket if you don't bring one......

:cop: :tigger: