PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life

DisneyLuver91
07-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Does anyone know if this pavillion will be open for August?

I'm going there on August 7th and its my favorite part of Epoct. (Except for SSE which makes me sad.)

Any info would be extremely helpful!:mickey3:

Jakk
07-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Umm...uh....well I don't know how to say this but um WoL will probaley nevr open again. Right now the current plans are to gut it and have for special events (yes I know there are other places in Epcot that hold special events but you can never have enough). So yeah sorry......

DizneyRox
07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
If it wasn't open for July 4th, chances of it opening in the slower summer months are slim to nil.

I wouldn't expect to see it open ever again, at least not at Wonders of Life. They just don't need the capacity over at Epcot to justify the staff to operate it.

mainemajor
07-15-2007, 09:32 AM
I just wish Disney would put us all out of our misery and simply close the pavillion instead of calling it seasonal. Its season does not seem to exist. Time to move on. Body battles & Cranium Command were fun and a couple of my DS's favorites when they were younger and WOL was open. It's sad just having it there and nothing happening :(

DisneyLuver91
07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured that it wouldn't ever be open again but this whole seasonal thing is getting my hopes up. Thanks for the responses. :sadwave:

Mickey91
07-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Probably not. We have been at the World in Aug and it was closed. The only time I have seen it open since it went "seasonal" was in Dec '06. I would at least like them to update Cranium Command and put it somewhere. It is a great attraction and will be (has been) sorely missed.:(

JPL
07-15-2007, 02:21 PM
This is the Pavillion in Limbo :( If it does open again it will be during the Holiday season like it was the previous few years. I really wish Disney would make some sort of official decision here :mad:

psychotekkie
07-16-2007, 12:15 AM
They just don't need the capacity over at Epcot to justify the staff to operate it.

Yeah well maybe it had low traffic cause the attractions inside were mediocre. If they put something really rockin in there, maybe it could take a load off the lineups at Soarin. That queue could feed at least three attractions easily. Come on Disney! Put in something great and you will find plenty of crowds!

jszczur5
07-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I think it's a shame that this pavilion is not open. My boys have read all the guide books and think the attractions sound great, and then are always disappointed that it's never open when we go. It sounds like it is really closing down for good now, from what I've read.
It just seems wasteful to not use what is already there. I'm sure that refurb'ing an existing attraction has got to be much cheaper than starting from scratch and building a new one.

GhostHost999
07-16-2007, 02:06 AM
The sad thing is, Body Wars was not a bad attraction at all. And you can't tell me that they could not put a supporting cast of attractions in there to draw crowds. You could have one part of it with warning signs up like an old circus sideshow and have exhibits of different creepy animals...(sort of like a natural history museum)

DizneyRox
07-16-2007, 06:10 AM
I didn't mean it doesn't HAVE capacity, what I said was they DO NOT NEED the capacity to justify the staff required to operate it.

Park capacity is determined by (among other things) open attractions. If there are more open attractions, they can let more poeple trough the turnstyles. For Disney, there is a cost associated with opening something like WoL. They probably have to do some training on how to run the attractions, and then have enough people on hand to staff it for long enough that are trained to open it. And, before they open it, they have the maintenance that's necessary on the pavillion including the rides, but also the pavillion itself, cleaning the floors, yada yada yada.

So, it may take X number of dollars just to get it up to snuff, and then all the admin costs with the people to operate it. If they can only let maybe 1000 more people through the doors, it's probably just not worth it.

So... It sits...

Zone Stop
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
The latest rumor is that it'll be used for Epcot's festivals, but I'm not sure how seriously to take it...

I've also heard that Attractions is budgeting to staff Wonders this year, so there's hope if you're going to be there between Thanksgiving and New Year's...

lindique
07-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I've also head that Attractions is budgeting to staff Wonders this year, so there's hope if you're going to be there between Thanksgiving and New Year's...

Ooh, you just made my day. I was hoping to see Cranium Command again! As least there's some hope now.:mickey: