PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic surprise!

DisneyorBust
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
In just 31 short days we will be returning to WDW:mickey: for a short (2 day) trip. :woohoo:
The surprise part is that our DD's know nothing of it! They will be told the evening before.
I wanted to wake them with the news but my DW informed me that teen age girls need time to pack. What do I know, I'm a guy. :confused:
Here's hoping that mid August won't be that hot and crowded!:flame::crowd:

kakn7294
07-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Eric, if I have it figured right, you will be there right at the same time I will. We'll be there Aug 11 - 19 at POFQ. When are you going and where are you staying? I figure with 2 teen girls, you will probably be busy, but if you can find a minute, I'd love to pop by and say hello since we don't live that far from each other here in Pa! I was thinking perhaps we would meet at Pgh airport during my trip but this would be awesome too. Drop me a line! BTW, from what I read elsewhere, summer crowds this year seem smaller than usual. I hope that's true and the trend continues through August!

DisneyWhirled
07-14-2007, 11:12 PM
You will be there the same time as us...and...we are surprising our kids as well!

They are 8 & 5, and are always involved in the planning of our trips. This is a spur of the moment surprise that they know nothing about. I so hope we can surprise them! I will be dissapointed if they don't shriek with delight!

We live in Maine and are flying out of Manchester, NH. Right now the kids think that we are going to go to the mall that is in Manchester and maybe sleep overnight.

I am going to pack a goody bag for them and give it to them with all things Disney (including a brochure from the Disney Store that has all the park maps) and tell them on the way to the airport!

Hope your surprise is a big hit, too!!

alpro2
07-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Have a great time! The kids will be very excited! :thumbsup:

vizsla
07-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

disneyfan1124
07-15-2007, 08:15 AM
How wonderful! I have often wanted to plan a last minute trip and spring it on DH, but he either suspects, or the timing isn't right. This year he decided that we should make a long weekend trip in Oct to attend the Epcot Food & Wine Festival! We're going in Nov for a 10 night trip but now we've added Oct as well! It will be fun to do back to back trips!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:04 AM
That is awesome! Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

Ms.Disney
07-15-2007, 09:49 AM
How fun is that!! I love the idea of not telling the kids:mickey: The look on thier faces will be priceless! Have a great trip:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone! I think seeing the look of surprise and disbelief on my DD's faces will be priceless! Can't wait till we tell them.:D