PDA

View Full Version : Birthday magic?

yasmina
07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
We are going to the World in just 11 days. While we're there, we will be celebrating my 40-something birthday (on my actual birthday BTW). I know about the birthday pins, and I've bought shirts that say "It's my (wife's/mom's) birthday and I'm in DisneyWorld!" with our names on the back. Not that I care, but are there any magical moments that have occurred to other Intercotees w/ birthdays that MAYBE I can look forward to?

:magic:

I know nothing is guaranteed nor written in stone, but hearing stories would be fun!

TIA!

countrycharmer
07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
My best advice would be if you go to a park and there is something that you really want to ride/view, then go up to someone working there and ask if they have chosen their "Magic Moment Person" for that yet....if they have not then you could ask if you could be it...if they have then ask if you could possibly be it for the next ride/show, etc.

My daughter did that in Dec., and she did several small magical moments; Beauty & the Beast - got to go up at the end of the show and the beast gave her a rose! Also got a certificate; at the Little Mermaid she got to introduce the show and got a certificate; Fantasmic they gave her first entry and she chose where she wanted to sit, and many more!

yasmina
07-14-2007, 07:27 PM
That is awesome! Congrats to your daughter!

Do you think they'd do something like that for an old f@#^ like me?? :party:

countrycharmer
07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
They'll do it for anyone who asks!! Remember...you're never too old at Disney!!

yasmina
07-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I love Disney and InterCOT!

countrycharmer
07-14-2007, 07:41 PM
At your resort if you let them know, in the morning you can get a "special" birthday wake up call and if they are really on the ball you may find that "a Pixie" tied balloons to your door or something like that...we did that for my "big" kid - aka husband and he LOVED it.

Also if you go to a restaurant with character, etc., let them know you are celebrating a birthday and they always make it much more memorable for you!

dolphinmickey9170
07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
For my DD's birthday, we told the CM at each ADR I set up. Almost every meal we had special attention for her enjoyment. She received several cards signed by characters, mini cakes with a candle, mickey confetti. She was 16 and still liked it.

beksy
07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the stories. I've told everyone when I made ressies about my sister's birthday so hopefully someting special will happen to her :thumbsup: If not, being in Disney is special enough! :cloud9:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Tony's in Magic Kingdom treats you special....I love wearing a tiara on my birthday:blush:--It's really easy to hear "Happy Birthday, Your Highness" all day long! Have fun!
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!!:wave:

McGoofy
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
We had some birthday magic on our trip in May. It was my son's 9th birthday. The first place was at MGM's Prime Time 50's Cafe. My son was wearing a birthday button. We had not mentioned his birthday, but the waitress saw it and surprised us at the end of the meal by bringing out a cupcake with Mickey sprinkles and a candle. Then she brought a birthday card and had all of the people sitting nearby us sign it. They were total strangers, and they wrote some of the funniest messages. It was so cute. Then we had another birthday moment at 1900 Park Fare breakfast. They brought out a special placemat, my son got a prince crown (that he got to keep), the birthday cupcake, and they all gathered round to sing "Happy Birthday" to him. However, the best birthday moment was this...We had come back to our hotel to clean up. Then we went back out that evening for dinner. When we came back to our hotel, we clicked on the lights and my son said "something is on my bed." We looked and this stuffed Pirate Mickey (the plushes that are about 1 1/2 feet tall) plus a personalized birthday card in Mickey's handwriting that said "Happy Birthday [child's name], Your Pal, Mickey Mouse" the card had a 5x7 glossy picture of Mickey Mouse inside it. Iswear to you that mom and dad had nothing to do with that!!! We were just as surprised as my son. We didn't know who to thank, so we just left a thank you note to house keeping and told them to pass it along to whoever was responsible! That was an awesome birthday surprise!:mickey:

yasmina
07-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks, and keep them coming! :mickey:

squijee
07-17-2007, 08:52 AM
i am taking my mom for her 70th b-day in march...she wants to meet prince charming so off we go to 1900 park faire....i hope she gets a special happy b-day memory like those posted....:party::mickey:

caryrae
07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
My niece, who turned 4 while we were there, was brought up to the stage at the Beauty and The Beast show and the group of guys ("Four for a Dollar" I think they are called) that sing before the show, sang Happy Birthday to her and gave her one of ther CD's. She also got free small cakes at lunch and dinner.

Blue_Punch_Buggy
07-17-2007, 01:08 PM
My Mum and I were there in February and it was my Mum's 58th birthday. We went to High Tea at the Grand Floridian and she was given a rose, chocolate cupcake with Mickey sprinkles, a golden crown and everyone sang to her Happy Birthday. She was also given a free candy apple from the candy store in MGM! She loved it and we both had a great time celebrating her day.

Oh yah, and when we were on Sorin', the one cast member got everyone on the ride to sing Happy Birthday to her before they started the ride - she had a tear in her eye as she was touched that everyone sang! Good times!!!!

McGoofy
07-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey you guys! I am so excited. I just learned how to attatch photos to my Intercot post!!!

So....now I want to show (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2975883020101825575LncwVS) you the card and pirate Mickey that I was talking about in my previous post. I honest to goodness do not know who left this for my son, but it was sooooo cool!:cool:

dizneygirl
07-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Birthdays are awesome at Disney. I celebrated my 26th bithday in the World this past Spring Break (yeah I never am too old to have a birthday at Mickey's house! haha).
I was wearing my button all week and was treated like a celebrity! My parents and I said we were going to try and count the number of times I was wished a Happy Birthday....well each day we lost count, it happened so often!
We went to the Crystal Palace character breakfast and our waitress brought confetti (Mickey shaped), streamers, a special birthday cupcake with a candle and all the characters came over to sing to me and brought me a card signed by them. :) so cute!
Also, while sitting on Main Street waiting for the afternoon parade, one of the cast members in "crowd control" dragged me out onto the middle of the street and announced it was my birthday and had the entire street sing to me. (yeah I was blushing!)
As I was waiting for EEverest, the cast member at the entrance had the whole line stop and sing for me.
We had lunch at Mexico one day and the servers came and brought me a special dessert with a candle and sang to me also...in SPanish and English!
At dinner in Germany, the waitress had the oompa band play me a special birthday song and she brought me a birthday card signed by the staff and a HUGE gigerbread cookie from the bakeshop.
So as you can see.....Disney does birthdays right! Like I said, I felt like a celebrity when I walked through the parks....people stopping and wishing me a Happy Brithday! Now that I'm home.....no one cares that I'm here! hahahaha! I've apparently lost my celebrity status.
I hope the birthday you are going to celebrate goes well. WEAR THE BUTTON!!!!

LauraF
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
When I went last time, it was not only my birthday, but my father's, my grandmother's and my sister's all during our trip. (4 out of our party of 6.) We all got our birthday buttons at every park we went to.

At AK, while shopping at one of the stores in Asia, a CM with Stitch character meet n'greet saw all of our buttons and asked if we were together. When we said yes, he was amazed, asked our names and congratulated us all. We thought that was the end of it and went on about our shopping. Five minutes later he came back out with birthday certificates for each of us, with our names on them, signed by Stitch himself! :stitch: The CM was even nice enough to bring a certificate for the two people not celebrating birthdays, telling them "they must feel left out, so here's one for you too." It was so cool!

letsdoitagain
07-26-2007, 12:19 PM
My wife's birthday is on July 30th. Our family will be arriving for our first trip to Disney on August 5th. Can I still mention her birthday?:mickey:

angedeaile
07-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Man...it is threads like these that I wish my birthday was at a better time. I know I will never visit WDW on my birthday.....July 5th.

I think the worse time to go to WDW would be the day after a holiday in the middle of summer. You get the heat and the crowds. Ugh. :(

crazykids
07-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Absolutely!

For our September trip, my DD's bday is right before our vacation & my DS's is right after we get back, so I told them we'll celebrate both while in WDW.

jusandnew
07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
When you go to Mk go to the Town hall and they will give you a button to wear all day.

All the teammembers who sees it they will wish you a happy birthday. tell the resort where you are staying at and they go all out for the birthday person.

we are going on my son's 12 th birthday.

ImagiAsh
07-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I've celebrated my birthday twice in Disney. Once on my 16th birthday and just last week for my 20th birthday. Wearing a birthday pin will definitely get you some attention for your special day. As for my experience last week:

1)While eating at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club) for breakfast, my Mom not-so-subtly mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday. (I didn't yet have a birthday pin). Minutes later, Goofy and our waitress come walking over with a delicious chocolate cupcake topped with Mickey sprinkles and a candle. On the side of the plate was a birthday pin for me! Well, of course, the waitress announced to the entire restaurant that it was my birthday and had everybody (and I mean just about everybody) sing to me with Goofy clapping along beside me in the booth. It was great! Dale came over to sit on the other side of me and the waitress asked how old I was. When I told her I was 20, Goofy immediately grabbed a pen and wrote on the table cloth "one more year". It was hilarious! I told him and Dale that I promised I'd take them out to Pleasure Island with me next year. :laughing:

2) We were just getting buckled into the Tower of Terror elevator when the CM announces "ladies and gentleman, please pull on the yellow tab to ensure your seatbelt is locked in place. Once you have finished that, please raise your hands up, put them together, clap, and wish Ashley a very happy birthday." Of course this was said in a very scary tone, like those at the ToT do, so her "very happy" sounded more like a "this might be your last birthday :thedolls:". And for those who do not know, your name is written on your birthday pin :laughing:.

3) We were eating in The Land at the Food Court on the lower level, when I decided I wanted to go back up and get some delicious strawberry shortcake. I asked the CM behind the counter for a slice, he looked down at my birthday pin, and responded: "It's your birthday. Okay hold on. Step to the side." So, I step to the side while he starts helping the people behind me with their order and once they leave he turns to me, clears his throat and begins to sing Happy Birthday solo. He had an amazing voice, but I was definitely --> :blush: He then told me his name, which I have since (unfortunately) forgotten, and told me to tell the cashier. I did and she gave me the cake for free!:party:

As far as my experiences from my Sweet 16 trip:
(Note: It was myself and my two best friends all celebrating our birthdays)

1) We all had on our birthday pins at the Hoop Dee Doo review, which is a dinner revue known for getting the audience involved. And, whatdayakno, we were singled out when it came time for audience acknowledgments. One of the lead females walked over with a microphone and the spotlight was on us. She asked our names and our ages and then turned to one of the lead males: "16. Wow. Do you know what that means?" "No.. what does it mean?" "Well, it means they're 16 and have never been kissed. Let's help 'em out!" Once again--> :blush:!!! All of the men in the show walked over to us and went down a line giving us big kisses on our cheeks. My friends and I couldn't stop laughing! It was definitely a memory to take home.

2) We stayed after hours at the Magic Kingdom once for Extra Magic Hours (or, as they were then called, E-ride Nights). All of the characters were out in front of the castle with long lines of people waiting to take pictures with them. My friends and I had no intentions of waiting in a line, we were just soaking up the atmosphere of it all and walking past various characters and their respective CM. As we stopped off to the side to watch Mickey Mouse interact with the guests on line, the CM next to him notices our birthday pins and asked if it was really all of our birthdays. Shocked that he even saw us standing to the side, we told him it was our birthday trip. He immediately stopped announced to the line that it was our birthdays and had everyone wave and say "happy birthday" to us. We thanked him until we saw him start again: "You all wouldn't mind if these three girls get a quick picture with Mickey, would ya?" Being the happiest place on earth, no one dared to protest and we snuck in for a quick picture and ducked out just as fast so as not to hold up the line. I'll admit, I was pretty excited to meet Mickey mouse!:mickey:

My wife's birthday is on July 30th. Our family will be arriving for our first trip to Disney on August 5th. Can I still mention her birthday?:mickey:

Yup, of course. I did that a few years ago. My birthday is July 14th and we went on August 2nd. It was my sweet 16 trip (instead of a party). No one checks to make sure it is actually your birthday. Just walk up to any guest relations in the parks and let 'em know it is her birthday and they will be happy to give her a birthday pin to put on.