PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to get from Park to Park

socalruss
07-14-2007, 05:25 PM
A week from right now, we will be at WDW! Unbelievable! My question today is what are the best ways to get from park to park. Im asking because were staying off site. (EEE GADS)! Were doing a time share exchange and were advised that there is a waiting list several years long to exchange into a WDW resort.:confused: I did'nt even try to fight it. :drama:So i'm wondering if I can park at one of the resorts and just use the park transportation to get around. Would that be doable? Or would I have to actually be staying on site to do that?

Piglet822
07-14-2007, 06:37 PM
You can utilize the Disney Transport system. Just be sure to note the time the park you leave your car at is closing. Transportation typically runs about an hour or so after park closing. You might have trouble getting back to your vehicle in this case.
Usually what I do is park my vehicle at whichever park is open the latest and use that as my starting point.

Cheerie04
07-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Yep you can definately park at the resort and use the WDW transportation. We have parked at a resort and used the transportation before and all has worked out fine. It may work out best to park a resort on the monorail loop so you have the monorail option to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot as well as bus transportation to all other parks.
Have fun on your trip :mickey:

Chrisx2
07-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Yep you can definately park at the resort and use the WDW transportation. We have parked at a resort and used the transportation before and all has worked out fine. It may work out best to park a resort on the monorail loop so you have the monorail option to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot as well as bus transportation to all other parks.
Have fun on your trip :mickey:

Actually, you cannot park at any resort you are not staying at to use the WDW transportation. This is especially enforced at the monorail resorts.

Parking at the park that is open the latest is a great idea. However, once you pay for parking at one park you do not have to pay again. So, you might find the quickest way is to drive.

Cheerie04
07-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Actually, you cannot park at any resort you are not staying at to use the WDW transportation. This is especially enforced at the monorail resorts.

Parking at the park that is open the latest is a great idea. However, once you pay for parking at one park you do not have to pay again. So, you might find the quickest way is to drive.

Is this new we have always been able to before? We either eat at one of the restaurants or ask if we can go to the gift shop and they have always allowed us in. I was just there two weeks ago.

Billy Shears
07-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Yep, I have always been able to park at the resorts especially the monorail ones:blush: I just valet the car. saves me a ton of time

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
You can go to a resort for meals etc but you are supposed to be issued a 3 hour parking pass that you put on your dashboard. After that, they can tow your car.
You can pay for parking at one park, take your car and drive to another park, show your parking pass from the first park and you can park for free at the other parks all day long.
You could also park at DTD for free.

mttafire
07-15-2007, 10:20 PM
We dont parkhop BUT when we did we just used our car and reparked.

mickey-mouse35
07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
We also stay offsite and find it much easier to just drive to the parks, even if we're park hopping, since you only have to pay once per day. Only exception is if we're doing MK and Epcot, since dealing with the TTC is a pain. If we're doing both those parks in one day, I'll park at one and take the monorail to the other. Again, make sure wherever you end up at end of day/night is where your car is!

I'm curious as to how the other posters have been able to park at resorts and then go to parks? When we do this to eat, we're always asked if we have ADR, and they check on list, and then give you time-stamped parking validation. This has happened at Poly, Boardwalk and Contemporary. Don't remember about Wilderness Lodge.

RocknRoller94
07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Probably the quickest way to get to a park is to drive. Howevever, Some hotels Offer free tranportation to the parks.

sainter
07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
"You could also park at DTD for free."

You can, but there is no direct transportation from DTD to any of the parks.

DisneyDudet
07-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Promoting parking at the resorts in lieu of paying to park or for convenience is against the rules at Disney, thus against the Intercot Terms of Service.

You are to park at a park and pay for your parking. Parking at a resort takes up space for resort guests and those visiting/have an ADR. Even those who stay on property at another Disney resort are subject to the 3 hr policy. Parking is limited and FAR at some resorts (worst.. Boardwalk). There was a time when we stayed at BW and couldn't find a space. The resort wasn't full, but people parked there and shouldn't.

I'll admit.. we've done it. We didn't know it was against the rules, but we do now. We don't do it anymore. We didn't get caught, but that doesn't mean it was ok to do it.

I suggest that if you are going to park at a park, you park at the one you will FINISH at. This might take time in the beginning, but you'll be happy you did it at the end of the day! This way, you don't have to worry about if you are able to get to your car, plus this will get you back "home" faster at night, which means, more sleep, especially for little ones. The kiddos can fall asleep in the car, and no transferring needed. The only catch is in the morning... transportation from park to park isn't speedy, and you'd have to get there early.

Say, you want to go to Epcot, then MK, since MK closes at midnight. You can park at the TTC and catch the monorail from there to Epcot. After your day is done at Epcot, you can hop the monorail back to the TTC, take the express monorail to MK, and stay til Midnight. Then.. hop the monorail/ferry to the TTC... arrive at your car, and you're on your way. This beats trying to get back to Epcot to retrieve your car (trust me.. this happens A LOT..)

DisneyJunkie
07-17-2007, 06:37 AM
From MK to AK or MGM: Take the monorail to the TTC, then transfer to the appropriate bus.

From MK to Epcot: Take the monorail to the TTC, then transfer to the Epcot monorail.

From Epcot to MGM: Toss-up between taking the boat (located at the rear of World Showcase) directly there or heading out the main park entrance and taking the appropriate bus.

From any park to AK: Take the bus.