PDA

View Full Version : Soy Milk, Sugar-free, Diet options

eLPack
07-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I'll be staying at the Pop Century in 69 days (Sept 22) and have some eating restrictions due to recent gastric bypass surgery. Overall, I can eat many foods, just very small amounts of them. One thing I'm wondering (and never had the reason to notice before) is if there is anywhere that sells Soy Milk - within the parks or at the Pop or even downtown disney (but not off property). Also, has anyone has experience with finding low sugar or diet options? I've never had to think about this before.. so I'm now trying to plan things out.. soy milk is useful for making my protein supplements... Thanks for any input:):mickey:

crazykids
07-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Last time I was at the Pop food court, they sold Silk soy milk.

Christine
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I remember seeing a variety of sugar free items on my last trip. My mother in law who was with us is diabetic and she was surprised how many things they offered.

There are plenty of healthier fares you can get now...chicken breast, veggies, etc.

Check out some of the dining menus here on Intercot's "info central" and see if you can find some places that sound like what you would like or need.

emmingo
07-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Most of the places I know of offer soy milk, and since I am a veggie, I tend to be pretty cognizant of whether there are vegetarian or diet options in the parks and have never had trouble finding them. Animal Kingdom is the best for those kind of accommodations, but every park has veggie and diet offerings...if you want to find out where you can get really healthy stuff, there is an apple on your map (I think its an apple!) that marks what food service options have a vegetarian or diet menu. Like I said, even with very SPECIFIC diet restrictions, I have never had trouble anywhere on Disney property. :D

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 11:05 AM
All above are correct, and in addition when you check in at resort and go to restaurants, if you mention your concerns, they really go into detail on what your requirements/needs are! We have a daughter who has severe food allergies, and they have always done right by her and allowed her to feel "norm".

kathymk616
07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
I agree--Disney is very good about accommodating different diets. I am a vegetarian who has never had a problem finding delicious food in the World. One time, at the buffet at the German pavilion, I asked a server if she could just point out which things were vegetarian. Well, the chef came out and gave me a personalized "tour" of my options. Then, when I sat down, they brought out a specially made plate of vegetable dumplings (not present on the buffet) made just for me! :mickey: Just ask politely and they are great about things.

eLPack
07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
:mickey:
Thank you all! I think it's pretty amazing how I've never noticed the choices available before.. I was a strict bacon cheeseburger and fries, ice cream... type person..
Now that I'm paying attention I realize just how much I missed!
I'm very relieved that I'll find soy milk.. that makes life so much easier for me... I can NOT wait!