PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space with no Spinning

mickey-mouse35
07-14-2007, 03:35 PM
For those of you who have ridden Mission Space with the no sping (the weenie version), what exactly happens? Do you feel anything, or is just a movie, per say? I have severe motion sickness :sick: and wasn't planning to ride this ride but now a Disney friend says it's no big deal. ;) Any thoughts?

KayDee
07-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi
Well I was surprised at how good the weenie version was .It feels like the ride moves up and down or tilting you and it does shake you of course get to watch the movie. I guess I would say maybe avoid it until the end of your day or trip.
Have fun

cubbie
07-14-2007, 04:26 PM
The no-spin version is basically a toned-down simulator. Think Star Tours, only not as rough. It will lean you left, right, forward, and back, but it is certainly far from intense. It's actually a pretty cool substitute, although I prefer the spinning version.

snifflesmcg
07-14-2007, 04:31 PM
I was surprised how different the two versions were. The intense one is VERY intense and the mild one is VERY mild. It's two completely different versions. You should have no problems with the "weenie" version.

jszczur5
07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
We don't call it the "weenie version", we call it the "chicken pass", or the "mom and dad get to keep their breakfast" version. Either way, we late-30-somethings far prefer the non-spinning version. The kids humour us and go on it once with us, and then they do the full strength version 2 or 3 times while we play the games at the end of the ride. It's a lot like Star Tours and the old Body Wars, but smoother, and more confining.

biodtl
07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
It was mild. Body Wars makes me sick (and I don't get sick easily) and I don't love Star Tours, since it just jerks around to much, but MS was pretty cool. next time around, I'm going orange.

DisneyPrincess17
07-14-2007, 09:08 PM
It wasn't bad at all. I went on the more intense version 1st and then the less intense to try it out and it was nothing! You get the same ride than u whould with the more intense one except its less intense. You should be fine! :mickey:

mickey-mouse35
07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
It's a lot like Star Tours and the old Body Wars, but smoother, and more confining.

OK, the movement in Star Tours and Body Wars (and Dinosaur, for that matter) is just too much for me, so maybe I'll skip Mission Space altogether. :(
Also, what do you mean by "confining"--the straps or space around you?

Thanks!

mainemajor
07-15-2007, 04:17 PM
The no-spin version is basically a toned-down simulator. Think Star Tours, only not as rough. It will lean you left, right, forward, and back, but it is certainly far from intense. It's actually a pretty cool substitute, although I prefer the spinning version.

You sure hit the nail on the head here. DW and I love the full version and were totally surprised by our enjoyment of the green team. It's a good substitute if there is a long line in the other.

irish1967
07-15-2007, 06:46 PM
OK, the movement in Star Tours and Body Wars (and Dinosaur, for that matter) is just too much for me, so maybe I'll skip Mission Space altogether. :(

Thanks!

IMHO - if you describe Star Tours as "just too much for me" - I'd skip MS all together. I find the sensation to be similar to Star Tours.

psychotekkie
07-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Also, what do you mean by "confining"--the straps or space around you?

Thanks!

you sit in a fairly small compartment with your teammates. There are buttons in front of you to press, therefore the whole front panel must be within arms reach (of kids, too). So it is pretty tight and since it is enclosed (not like a roller coaster with an open top) some people with claustrophobia would likely feel a bit .... claustrophobic?

CM~Mserrano
07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
In reality, the capsule is actually fairly large. I usually compare it with the feeling you get when you're sitting in your car. The screen is about as far away as the windshild and the buttons and joystick are about as far from you as the steering wheel would be. The ride is similar to star tours and body wars in the fact that it is a simulator, but the movement is perfectly fluid, unlike those other simulators. There really isn't any jerking around, just gentle movement. There is an over the shoulder restraint that you pull down. If you have any questions about how close it is, just ask the CM that closes your capsule if they could close it, then open it to check on you, and then if you're all right, close it back up. had to do that several times for nervous guests, and got both reactions of "I'm fine" to "get me outta here!" It just depends on you :)

IloveDisney71
07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Both Star Tours and the Aladdin VR at Disney Quest, make me VERY quesy. I gave the "weenie version" of Mission Space a try and I loved every minute of it! It didn't bother me at all. The movements in it were nothing compared to the other 2 attractions I mentioned.

DisneyFanatic11
07-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, it all depends on you, actually. I can handle the original just fine and go on it over and over, but that's because I'm still a teenager.

However, once we were over there and wanted to try out the 'Weenie version' just to see if it was different. It is a lot tamer and I know a lot of people will enjoy it now.

So as someone earlier said, try it at the end so if you can't handle it, it won't ruin the rest of your day. Have fun! :thumbsup: