PDA

View Full Version : Progress on the hand demolition?

frakers
07-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I have been checking on the much anticipated SE hand demolition twice daily at the instacam website. I can see a crane there that moves in some of the pics but I cannot tell that any progress is being made. Can anyone who has been in the park in the past week give any updates?

WDWfanatic742
07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
You can check the main thread in the news forum for updates. Last time I checked, all but the E facing the parking lot was down. Don't know for sure if they took that down too overnight or not.

LSUgirl07
07-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Just returned from the World yesterday! As we were leaving Epcot for the last time on Thursday night, the wand was moved a good distance away from the ball and the O and T of Epcot were missing! It was weird haha but cool seeing it come down. I was worried that the crane would be a big distraction but it didn't really affect my pictures at all :mickey:

Ms.Disney
07-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Last I saw it was just the E

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 08:26 AM
:ill:I keep hoping this is a bad dream and I will wake up and it will not have been taken down!:ill:

My kids always loved that when they went to Epcot and are already talking about how much they will miss it!

Hopefully something will be done for epcot's anniversary celebration??!!

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 08:29 AM
I was looking at the instacam as well and the picture isn't that great and it's so distant, it's hard to see anything. I'm sure our fellow intercotees will give us updated pics from time to time :).