PDA

View Full Version : Seats on Space Mountain

disneykat
07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
It's been several years since we have ridden Space Mountain and that was at DLR. I've been told that the ride at WDW is different. . .perhaps the seating. Can someone please tell me if you are seated side by side or in a single file? I don't think I'll get DD on there if you are seated single file!!

Thanks for all the help!

48 Days and counting. . . .:mickey:

SBETigg
07-14-2007, 08:34 AM
It's single file, not side by side. You'll either be seated directly in front of or behind the DD, but still close enough that it might be reassuring for her.

disneykat
07-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. . . I'll work on prepping her for that one. On a good day and a Mickey Ice Cream bribe, it may work!! :mickey:

disneymom15
07-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Single file, 3 to a car. I was on once where I was in the first position, a little girl was in the middle and her mother was in the back. The mother was able to lean forward a little bit and put her hand on her daughters shoulder. I think it helped alot. The girl really enjoyed the ride. When she got off, she gave me the thumbs up.

BelleBeauty
07-14-2007, 09:56 AM
I would recommend that she sit in the middle car. I think the back is extremely bumpy and the front can be a little intimidating. If all else fails, head out to DLR because the seats are side-by-side!

alilprincessmom
07-14-2007, 10:00 AM
My DD isn't fond of SM for this reason! The seats are single file, and although you can give a reassuring hand on the shoulder, you aren't near enough to hold and comfort!

Mikey Piano 23
07-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Suggestion: I love riding in the front! It make everything crazier. Have funnnnnnn! :mickey:

Ms.Disney
07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
yes sitting her in the middle would be wise. Remember Space Mt. is very intimidating, I was sooooo scared the first time I rode it when I was 9 that I wouldnt get back on it in till I was 14.

StitchLuvr
07-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd definitely try seating her in the middle. I'll agree the back is bumpy, and the very front may intimidate her (and scare the pants off of her since it's pitch-black). The complete blackness is what makes it scary to some, exciting to the coaster nuts like me. :mickey:

Hope you have a great time! :coaster:

dolphinmickey9170
07-14-2007, 03:13 PM
2 cars, 3 seats each 6 persons go at a time. The back seat (#6) is the most turbulent. It is my fav. I hate the front.

psychotekkie
07-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Just tell her it's like if you go toboganning together (wait, that depends on if you've ever gone toboganning). Well... that works for me anyway.