PDA

View Full Version : Oh What Now?!?

wizardmickey
07-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Hope you've all enjoyed the updates of info at the "Batting 500" (songlist, good news about back,etc.)
However, this has been a weird week given all the good stuff. Our bassist is off to New York to fetch his wife (who was their for PT due to having broken her neck last year) so we've been functioning as a 3-piece in his absence. The upside to that is the lead-guitarist & myself take turns playing bass while the other plays lead... yes, I am a multi-instrumentalist.
We start playing with my virtual recording studio next week so we can have demo's/promo stuff to shop around, as well as setting up photo sessions & my task of editing videos for the long-form DVD & a short-form promo video.
But, and I don't know why, as we were playing tonight, my left arm began to get extremely cold and my elbow began to swell up. I may have twisted or pulled something... I don't know, but it's painful to even touch and is getting harder to bend. Lady Ice is concerned considering my history & wants me to visit an ER tomorrow if it gets worse, or at least by Monday if it persists. In the meantime, I am up late self medicating and having great difficulty getting comfortable enough to sleep on it.

varcity
07-14-2007, 04:25 AM
whoah whoah whoah, step aside, I'm a doctor.......

examining.....

You should see someone more qualified than I....

Wing dude, you really need to relax. Misirlou should only be practiced by 4 times a day max. (GH@ reference, sorry). But I am excited for promo vids!!! :mickey:

I can see the music video now....

Patricia
07-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Hmm.. I'm with Lady ice, you should get that checked.

Take care..

terri.m
07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm also with Ladyice, patti and dr. varcity, get it checked Ice!!

RenDuran
07-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Sounds serious, ice. Go to the doctor!

When I think of arms or legs getting cold and swelling, I think of my hub's cousin. Her leg started feeling funny and got cold to the touch....it was a blood clot! She was on heparin(?) injections for a long time. Please get that checked!

JPL
07-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Well I'm not a doctor and I don't paly one on TV

Get it checked out especially if self medicating isn't working :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
07-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Well today the elbow has been hit and miss. It hasn't been cold and I seem to have circulation again, but it's still very tender to the touch & hurts to extend or reach over my head. It had been bothering me some early Friday but went away after my pain pills, but then it cold cold/numb while we were practing. My mistake was letting the wife know & feel my arm, 'cuz she then promptly ratted me out to the band who wanted tp then call it a night (I said "No way! Let's Rock some more boys!" and we did for about 4 more songs.) I've kept it wrapped most of today in a brace/support thing I got when I broke my elbow a couple of years ago, and used Heat and Ice on it (as well as medication.) ER's are way too expensive around here & you'll spend 3-8 or more hours waiting, so I'll wait 'til Monday & see my regular Ortho doc if it still bothers me.

wizardmickey
07-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Elbow is sore to the touch and when I lean on it, but otherwise feeling much better.
Saturday night both calves spasmed all night long at 45 min. to 1 hour intervals, keeping me awake all night. Today it started again, and now my calf muscles ache like I've pulled something in them. Popping me some muscle relaxers tonight to see how it feels tomorrow.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh my, Ice. Is it just me or are you an injury magnet? :P Get those better soon! :mickey:

wizardmickey
07-17-2007, 07:43 PM
mickeytinkerbellprincess: Oh my, Ice. Is it just me or are you an injury magnet?
I am indeed Doll, ever since I was a wee little Ice Cube. And the more ancient I become, the more I seem to injure myself (or just suffer the after-effects from the ghosts of injuries past!)
Today is a LOT better!
Elbow: 95 % well.
Calves: 85 % well.
Back: Ouch! (yay for meds!)
Knees: wow, they haven't bugged me in a while... better keep my mouth shut!