PDA

View Full Version : DVC owners, Have you used points for non Disney Vacations

caryrae
07-13-2007, 08:17 PM
I was just wondering if any of you DVC owners have used your points for vacations other then Disney/Disney Cruise? How was the other hotels/resorts you stayed at? What did you use your points for?

Also has being in the DVC been worth so far?

tinkerbell04
07-14-2007, 09:00 PM
WE always use our points for our Disney vacations and have never been dissatisified with any portion of our membership. Just this week we booked a room in Las Vegas as a wedding gift for my sister-in-law, as a honeymoon. It was EXTREMELY easy to make an interval reservation and the point usage was comparable to a week in Disney in October. The resort was highly recommeded by the CM and we were given a rating from Disney for the resort. I will let you know how the trip goes when they travel in late October.

Connears
07-15-2007, 02:37 PM
We have been members since 1994 and had always used our points for DVC resorts at WDW or HHI until 2004. We traded for Marriott Ford's Colony in Williamsburg VA. We got 1 bdroom and it was beautiful with a fireplace(not real, and not needed in JUNE!) and a great screened in porch. Master had jacuzzi tub and separate bathroom space for shower and toilet. Full kitchen with dining room table and washer/dryer. The resort is beautiful with lots of activities, pools, tennis courts, general store had pizza hut. The staff was very helpful in dining suggestions and anything you need. There were movie rentals and we feel it was very comparable to dvc. Loved the location, easy to get to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. Only required 160 points for the whole week. I would go to another Marriott timeshare exchange. Very good experience.
Connears

ytzking
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM
We also stayed at Ford's Colony in August, 2003. We had a two bedroom unit and it was awesome. Nothing but good things to say. I don't remember exactly how many points it was but I believe it was under 200 for a seven night stay.:cool:

DonLefNY
07-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Not yet, but I'm currently awaiting a trade for a Marriot Vacation Club on Kauai for sometime in the next year or two.