PDA

View Full Version : Buying a second ownership

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 08:35 PM
For those of you who have more than one ownership, or you are "in the know" of owning a second membership, how does this work in comparison to the first? Do you have two contracts, two loans, two dues payments? Double the pleasure, double the money? Please tell me as we are waiting for the possible Contemporary DVC, or maybe some other monorail resort to make DVC years from now?!?! Thanks everyone.:thumbsup:

mprewitt
07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
If you add-on at another resort through Disney, it will be a sub-contract and will have the same Use Year as your first resort.

If you add-on via the resale market, you will most likely end up with a second contract with a different Use Year.

If you only want to add 25-75 points on, I would buy from Disney. If you wanted to add 100+ points at one resort, you can go with Disney or consider resale (since it may cost you less).

As for financing, I didn't use Disney so I don't know how they handle that.

tinktude
07-13-2007, 11:50 PM
When we added on to our contract it was on a subcontract with the same use year. Seperate loan payments and seperate dues payments. You can have just one dues payment if you choose to set it up that way.

The loan payment has to be seperate (I think, as this was how ours was set up).

FiggyFan
07-14-2007, 08:50 AM
By all means, try to stay with only one use year! Multiple contracts with the same use year are treated as one membership, even if the points come from multiple home resorts. If you have two different use years, you will have two separate memberships, two ID cards, two sets of banking/borrowing deadlines - basically lots more to keep track of.

We have 4 contracts (all August) at two resorts. We get one annual dues statement. Our three (yes 3 :blush:) BCV contracts show up as one lump of points, just as if they were all one contract. Since dues are assessed per point, when you add points the dues go up (but the paperwork doesn't have to).

Double the pleasure, double the money, double the magic! :mickey: