PDA

View Full Version : New SSE info found!

Dyanna
07-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I was glancing over another website & I came across this....

Wednesday, Jul. 11, 2007, 10:30 AM Pacific
SPACESHIP EARTH
NON-UNION
Theme park attraction for Walt Disney World Epcot.

Casting Director: Brian Nefsky
Interview Date: July 13
Start Date: o/a 8/31/2007
Pay Rate: $700 + 10% agency fee

[VOICE-OVER] This is VOICE-OVER AUDITION. 10 year old male to play voice of Newsboy for Civil War sequence.

DrumTastik
07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Interesting. Isn't there already a newsboy AA during the newspaper press sequence?

Ian
07-13-2007, 03:11 PM
WOW! Sounds like they may be planning a complete re-do of the entire attraction!

JPL
07-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Interesting. Isn't there already a newsboy AA during the newspaper press sequence?

Yes there is a newsboy but no Civil War section

Jakk
07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
WOW! Sounds like they may be planning a complete re-do of the entire attraction!

Basically SSE is going to be a whole new ride. The communication theme is GONE, as in not there anymore. Instead SSE will now focus about how each generation led to the next generation (so thats where the civilwar part comes in). Then it'll start being like Herizon light (It might be like Herizon light or acutally JUST like Herizon) where it'll go in the future, and in the end you pick which ending you want with the touch screens.

Crow
07-13-2007, 07:40 PM
sounds interesting.
now i have to think how i can see it when it reopens

DisneyNut2005
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Basically SSE is going to be a whole new ride. The communication theme is GONE, as in not there anymore. Instead SSE will now focus about how each generation led to the next generation (so thats where the civilwar part comes in). Then it'll start being like Herizon light (It might be like Herizon light or acutally JUST like Herizon) where it'll go in the future, and in the end you pick which ending you want with the touch screens.

Correction: the communcations theme of the ride is actually STAYING.

Jakk
07-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Correction: the communcations theme of the ride is actually STAYING.

Correction: its actually not....

Now I'll be honest I may interpeting this COMPLETLY wrong, and if I am then I apolgize:hide2: But I'm preatty sure I'm reading it right at least I think so. Here's the official press release: Lookie for yourself....

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 11, 2007) -- Inside the Epcot icon, remarkable changes will be taking place over the next several months. A re-imagined Spaceship Earth presented by Siemens will combine the magic of the iconic attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale which provides guests the opportunity to imagine their futures.

On a trip through time inside the Spaceship Earth attraction, guests discover how each generation of mankind has invented the future for the next generation, and how the spirit of innovation has moved people from the caves to the cosmos.

Enhancements to the time-travel attraction will encompass changes to each of the ride scenes. New show scenes will be added to the attraction's story along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score.

This adventure through time leads ultimately to the very top of Spaceship Earth's geodesic dome, where guests arrive at the present. The time travel adventure will be enhanced through new, interactive touch screens installed aboard each "time machine" that will enable guests to create their own visions of the future and see themselves in that future.

Now in the first paragragh they say RE-IMAGINED SSE. Now I'm assuming that means new, right?

The 2nd paragrah should tell you completly that the whole communication theme is GONE!

3rd paragrah says each scene will be changed for this time-traveling attraction, so again out with the communication in with the time travel.

4th paragrah says that in the end you can select your ending and see yourself in the future, so I really dont see how this relates to communication?

Now like I said I may be interpeting this wrong but it dosnt anywhere in the press release that it's the same communication theme, so yeah I believe your wrong.:secret:

Figment!
07-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Siemens AG does list Communications as one of their core divisions, so it is somewhat doubtful that the theme will be completely removed.

Siemens, headquartered in Berlin and Munich, is one of the world's largest electrical engineering and electronics companies. Siemens provides innovative technologies and comprehensive know-how to benefit customers in 190 countries. Founded more than 150 years ago, the company is active in the areas of Information and Communications, Automation and Control, Power, Transportation, Medical, and Lighting

DisneyDudet
07-14-2007, 09:03 AM
The ride was always about time travel. They have always called the vehicles "time machines". I highly doubt they will completely do away with the storyline and things. My take is they will ENHANCE the ride, and there will be a major big finale chance (which is currently outdated anyway). The time that it is down does not really mesh with the BIG changes suggested.

My take... a tweak for the whole thing, but major changes are where it will be impacted most.

Fantasmic
07-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Communication has a lot to do with each generation leading to the next though.

I look forward to the new changes, as long as they don't do an Imagination with it!!! :-o

Jakk
07-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I look forward to the new changes, as long as they don't do an Imagination with it!!

Well you see it's al about money. When JII was being refurbed the proposed budget was 40 million but then they had to cut the budget and left with 7.4 million now you cant really do much with that. So I belive Siemens will do good job they acutally have the money to spend and they already did one good thing by taring down the wand. Good thing JII will be refurb again next year I beliv as soon as the SSE refurb is done....

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm glad they are refurbishing this ride. IMO, it was very boring and out of date. I only rode it because it was air conditioned and it was in "the ball". When I read the article, I got exactly that, that it was being re-themed.

Mickey91
07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
I for one loved the SSE the way it was! I hope they don't go too drastic with the changes. It is awesome to see Michalangelo painting and Greek performers, and the TV of the 50's. The musical score was inspiring as well. I can only hope the changes made will enhance the ride and not totally mess it up.

Horizon93
07-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I am looking forward to the new SE. I have been a SE fan since my first visit. Horizons and SE were a big part of that visit.

When I first rode SE, it was Walter Cronkite, "behold the majesty of the Sistine ceiling", and "Tomorrow's Child." (which I still play on the piano) Then came the Jeremy Irons version. Both were great and i am sure that the new one will be as well. I also love the Horizons like ending.

If Epcot is indeed going to return to being about the future, it has to chenge as the future becomes the present.

battlefield2freak
07-16-2007, 11:00 PM
i put my trust in siemens that they re-do it and make it even better. but still if its horrible thew wand will be gone lol

Mickey'sApprentice
07-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Here's to the old SSE ride. I've downloaded a video file of it so I'll always have the old version to watch. Let's hope the ride isn't changed too much.

battlefield2freak
07-23-2007, 04:38 PM
i just remembered watching the travel or history channel whenever they had a show on WDW and htey said it takes a week to do 15 seconds of animatronic. wouldnt 8/31 be a little to late? and also thinking about it now. it may be a timeline of history now probably since the ride covers everything except the civil war if im correct

Venus0880
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
It sounds to me that the press release is stating what spaceship earth is now (other than the choose your future thing.) It did describe how one generation influenced another, specifically due to the advancement of communication and how the communication systems available influenced a particular time period. I definitely see the communication theme being updated, but not eliminated.

tomorrowschild
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Check out my brothers trip report

Here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=109866)

He was in DW a few weeks ago and ran into an imagineer at the exit of SE- he recounts what the imagineer told him. It does sound very Horizon like.:mickey: