PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Week

TinkInTraining
07-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Good day to all! I recently had to move our vacation dates due to a school trip for my oldest.

My new dates are November 1st - November 11th. I subscribed to TGM just to see if there was anything I wasn't already doing and found out that I will be down there for New Jersey Week.

Has anyone else been down there at that time? Am I really in trouble with crowds etc? I was told November was a good slow time up until Thanksgiving...now I'm worried.

Any suggestions, hints, help? Please!?!?!?!

Thanks! :mickey:

Figgyluv03
07-13-2007, 12:25 PM
What's wrong with being surrounded by a bunch of Jersey people?!?!? Just kidding! I haven't been down there for Jersey Weekend since I left after 9-11, but I heard that the parks are just a little bit more crowded that weekend then during the normal value season. I highly down that it would be as bad as going at Christmas & Thanksgiving. Just make sure to take advantage of the fast pass and you should be fine! Enjoy!

McGoofy
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
What's wrong with being surrounded by a bunch of Jersey people?!?!? Just kidding! I haven't been down there for Jersey Weekend since I left after 9-11, but I heard that the parks are just a little bit more crowded that weekend then during the normal value season. I highly down that it would be as bad as going at Christmas & Thanksgiving. Just make sure to take advantage of the fast pass and you should be fine! Enjoy!

Nothing wrong at all with being surrounded by NJ people. :D One of my best friends lives there. In fact, I have met her and her family there a few times during Jersey Week/Teacher's Convention. That's how I know it gets very crowded during that time, but not like Christmas crowds--just busy enough to make you really appreciate the fastpass system. This year I will be there 10/28-11/4.

What are the exact dates of Jersey Week this year?

Scar
07-13-2007, 02:10 PM
NJ public schools are closed for the NJEA convention Thurs 11/8 and Fri 11/9. That would make "Jersey Week" 11/3 - 11/11. I was there in '05 and it wasn't too bad. A little more crowded the last Sat and Sun (I think It may have been "Soap Weekend".)

Disney Yankee
07-24-2007, 10:45 PM
We went in '04 in Nov. For us it was great since we're used to going in April. We enjoyed the Food and Wine Festival.:wine::tasty:

Jared
07-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Maybe the parks will be slightly more crowded, but early November is a good time to visit. Before Thanksgiving is still value season, and the lines will not be terrible. If you're used to busier times of the year, the first two weeks of November will seem empty, even with all the visitors from New Jersey.

CleveRocks
07-25-2007, 12:37 AM
The Friday and Saturday of Jersey Week (November 9 and 10 this year) are pretty darn crowded. We got to WDW on the Friday BEFORE Jersey Week and left late on the Friday of Jersey week. That last day in MK was REALLY crowded. I actually saw 3 friends down their, each there with their families, all of us from Jersey, none of us knew the others would be there.

But the whole week before that was pleasantly not-at-all crowded. The Unbofficial Guide's crowd-prediction calendar had us at 4's and 5' most of the week, with Thursday of Jersey week maybe a 7 and Friday and Saturday at 8's. Christmas and Easter time are 10's, and summer is pretty solidly 8's, for sake of comparison.

Come on down. We don't bite and we're not all Tony Soprano. Don't let the fact that we all look like him fool you.