PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gathering Experiences

berg
07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone has used the Grand Gathering Experiences which is for groups of eight or more? We have booked the International Dinner at Epcot and the Safari Celebration. Just wondering your experience.

Dicecatt262
07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
The Safari Celebration is a ton of fun! We did it last September. You meet at Flights of Wonder...and here is a little tip, if you want to try to see the parade before you have to meet, there is a great spot in front of the Dawa Bar. There is a cart there, and that area will be roped off but not at first, so you usually don't have to stake it out for as long. Then when the parade finishes in that section, you just cross the street and head to Flights of Wonder.

Anyway, you are divided into groups, we were the Cheetahs. You have a personal Safari guide, and you and your group board your own Safari vehicle. You go through about an hour long drive, stopping to take pictures of the animals, and your guide will give you info on the animals. It is not the Kilamanjaro Safari ride, it is more like a tour. Then you meet at Tusker House and your table will be ready for your party...we had I think 14, at one long table. The food is served family style, things like cous cous, prime rib, etc. The kids get chicken fingers and mac and cheese. African Musicians play, usally some characters come to pose with the kids, Chip and Dale came to ours. Animal Handlers will bring out something else for the kids, my kids petted a snake and saw a tarantula. The handlers have hand sanitzer ready, as well.

Then you are walked out of the park, which is empty by then, and it is all lit up and everything, just for you! You'll board a motor coach that will take you back to your resort. It is also a pretty good value for 2 credits for the dining plan, also.

My fellow Grand Gathering members did the International Dinner as well, although I didn't. They said it wasn't great, just okay. But I'm sure it will still be fun!

sleepingbooty
07-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Do you remember what the cost was for the Safari dinner?