PDA

View Full Version : DDP question.

pixidust1976
07-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I have a question about the Disney Dining Plan.

I made ADR for Sci-Fi on the fourth day of our trip just so my kids could see it.

Do I HAVE to use my DDP to pay for it? I mean it is less expensive than some of the restaurants I have ADR for on the next day.

If I just get snacks and shakes and pay OOP, I can use my DDP for a big meal the next day.

I just don't know if I can do this. Any advise here would be great.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes you can pay out of pocket. Just make sure your server knows ahead of time and check your receipt to make sure it doesn't get charged.

Figment!
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM
From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: Do I have to use Disney Dining Plan credits for every meal I eat?

A: No. Guests can pick and choose where and when they redeem their credits. Guests can pay separately from some meals and redeem their credits for others.

jszczur5
07-12-2007, 09:42 PM
They will ask you when you get there if you are on the DDP. Just say no, and do not hand over your card. The food is actually quite good there- enjoy!

IloveDisney71
07-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I ate at the Sci-Fi with 4 teenagers last year and we absoulutely LOVED the atmosphere but we didn't really like the entrees at all. The appetizers and the desserts were great though.:eat: We felt that we could have used our dining plan more "wisely". We have decided on future trips that we would go to this restaurant ONLY for the desserts and pay for that OOP. It is a fun place to see and relax for a few minutes.

tinksmom02
07-12-2007, 10:17 PM
We're doing the exact same thing in Sept. I made ADRs for us to really see the theming, and (right now) the plan is to get some munchie foods, not full meals, so we'll pay OOP.

kathiep
07-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow - they say great minds thinks alike.

We are having lunch there in September and paying OOP to make up for the 2 TS at CRT.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Like kathiep said above, we're also going to pay for this meal OOP because we're losing a credit for a special meal planned that'll take 2.

Another good place to get a decent, cheaper meal is the 50's PTC. Personally speaking we don't get appetizers, etc. if paying OOP at every meal like you can with the DDP.

This also is a good idea if you want to try some of their great frozen alcoholic drinks because if I read right you can't use the DDP for those....or glow cubes, which we like to collect.

pixidust1976
07-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks so much guys!!!! I will just get shakes and pay OOP so that my kids can see the place!!!

I made an ADR for the Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package with the DDP TS credit instead and will REALLY get my money's worth out of my DDP dollars..... and considering it was FREE..... I am making out like a bandit!!!!!!!!!!