PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP or Keys to the Kingdom?

Kairi_7378
07-12-2007, 06:18 PM
For my birthday, DH offered to buy me a park tour or tickets to the Halloween Party. (We were most interested in Keys to the Kingdom.) Which would you choose? I am a civil engineer and I am really interested in the feat of running the parks every day, but Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I am torn. Is the MK unpleasantly crowded during the party? Does Keys to the Kingdom destroy the magic for people?

bamagoofy
07-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I have done both and recommend both but I voted for the party. The parade and fireworks are what swayed me. Also unlike the x-mas party, there is no other time to see these. However if you chose the tour it is excellent also. There is no way to make the wrong decision.

mulderxcoltrane
07-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I would vote for the tour. Other than the parade - I don't know that the extra few hours in the park for the party is worth $45-50. However - the tour and the places it takes you are not available elsewhere.

GrmGrninGost
07-13-2007, 12:36 AM
MNSSHP is my favorite thing to do at WDW!! :mpumpkin: It is totally awesome! I love the parade and the special fireworks! We hardly ever ride anything because we're too busy doing the other fun things that are available! But, if you want to ride, the lines are usually short!

Fantasmic
07-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Key's to the Kingdom is an amazing tour, I've done it 6 or so times.

It only made the magic better for me.

like2workout
07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
i've also done both and loved both, but if i had to choose, i'd choose the halloween party. it is a very exciting night!!! but again, it's a good problem to have as you can't go wrong and i think you would greatly enjoy either one of them. have fun!

beksy
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
I've never done either (we're doing both this upcoming trip) but I voted for the party. My reasoning--you can't really do either one anyplace else but you can do the tour anytime of the year whereas the party is only for a few weeks on certain nights once a year. I don't think you could go wrong with either, though! :mickey:

Belle_0717
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
IMO:

I would say do the tour. I have been on the Keys tour twice and learned different things on the tour. It doesn't destroy the magic - it gives you a better understanding of how they run MK and allows you to think about the rest of WDW. I have never thought about the "behind the scenes" when I go to the park. It's like "I'm here! Let's have fun!" - I never think about garbage, etc.

I have been to MNSSHP twice as well. It is fun - the lines are less but we have also been both times on Halloween so it seems to be a lot more congested. You collect a lot of candy and see everyone in costume. It's neat but what do you do with all that candy? I can never eat it - it lasted through December and I ended up throwing it away (which was about half of what was collect) before Christmas.

Both are fun but the tour is very small and personal so you can ask questions and get to know your CM/tour guide.

Hope this helps.

DDuck66
07-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I have also done both and I voted for the party. I think it is the best hard ticket event that WDW has....but given your engineering background you might like the tour more. The park is very crowded during the party but there is a lot to see and do that you cannot accomplish any other time. The tour does not ruin any of the magic...in fact it makes it more special because you feel like you have a big secret that no one else knows. Hope that helps you with your decision.

Mickey91
07-13-2007, 06:18 PM
MNSSHP! Unless you can talk him into both!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I vote for Keys....we did it last year. I did NOT ruin our magic. It actually made me appreciate it more. Some of the things that they pointed out are things you would never know otherwise. It was great.....I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but.......oh never mind......just do it!! Have a great trip and happy birthday.