PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted (2007) Now on DVD

NotaGeek
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Ok, so at Harry Potter last night I saw the trailer for the new Disney film Enchanted and it looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it now!

Check out the Official Disney Enchanted Website (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/enchanted/), because I need some people to be excited with me! Or, go check out the Official Yahoo Enchanted (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809426456/info) page for some other cool stuff!

BriarRose0708
07-12-2007, 03:00 PM
This looks so cute. Don't let the beginning of the trailer fool you, I thought it was going to be another dismal sequal coming straight to DVD, but turns out not! I'll definately be seeing it.

Melanie
07-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I've been looking forward to this movie for a long time, Michael. Love Idina Menzel (did you notice the 'Wicked' billboard in one of the Times Square shots?) and James Marsden's role looks so cute! The whole concept seems so very clever. Can't wait to see it!!!

Christine
07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
It does look adorable! We are thinking of doing this for dd's birthday party! :party:

NotaGeek
07-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I've been looking forward to this movie for a long time, Michael. Love Idina Menzel (did you notice the 'Wicked' billboard in one of the Times Square shots?) and James Marsden's role looks so cute! The whole concept seems so very clever. Can't wait to see it!!!

OMG! Good catch Mel I didn't even notice it! I am SO excited!

BriarRose0708
07-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Oh mygosh that's Idina??? I didn't recognize her! I MUST see this now!

tinkerbell615
07-12-2007, 08:44 PM
I am so happy that all of you are just as excited as I am to see this movie! I just sent an email to my best friend and told her that this is how we would be spending our Thanksgiving Holiday!

I think this looks so different and I can't wait to see it!

Melanie
07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh mygosh that's Idina??? I didn't recognize her! I MUST see this now!

It's not her in the lead role of Giselle. In fact, I only saw one little quick glimpse of Idina in the preview, besides the 'Wicked' billboard, that is. ;)

Giselle is played by Amy Adams. Idina plays Nancy, Patrick Dempsey's girlfriend.

chrisb26
07-12-2007, 11:10 PM
I saw the preview for this and thought it looked pretty funny I might have to go see it.

BriarRose0708
07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
It's not her in the lead role of Giselle. In fact, I only saw one little quick glimpse of Idina in the preview, besides the 'Wicked' billboard, that is. ;)

Giselle is played by Amy Adams. Idina plays Nancy, Patrick Dempsey's girlfriend.

I IMDB'd it a little while ago and figured it out. Idina, McDreamy and James Marsden. It's going to be great!

ChipnDaleGal
07-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Thanks for sharing that link to the trailer, Michael. I had heard about this movie, but I didn't really understand the concept until I saw that trailer. It looks like it has a lot of potential to be very funny. And I am always up for seeing McDreamy on the big screen. :thumbsup:

LaDracul
07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm looking forward to this as well, though any movie where Jimmy Marsden gets smacked around is fine by me.

Fantasmic
07-15-2007, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for this movie. Originally I wanted to see it because I'm a fan of Idina (having seen her in wicked in London :secret:) but now I wanna see it for the movie, it looks really good!

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I have to admit, the part of the trailer where they're in the park and she starts to sing; Patrick Dempsy just looks at her and says something to the effect of, "really, you don't have to sing." I nearly shot soda through my nose! I couldn't help but laugh!

NotaGeek
07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I have to admit, the part of the trailer where they're in the park and she starts to sing; Patrick Dempsy just looks at her and says something to the effect of, "really, you don't have to sing." I nearly shot soda through my nose! I couldn't help but laugh!

OMG I did the same thing! It really looks funny!

Christine
07-15-2007, 07:04 PM

That was really funny!

Another part that I liked was when the prince was asking the "magic mirror" where to go but it was really a news reporter on TV saying where she were reporting from! :funny:

PirateLover
07-15-2007, 11:30 PM
I actually saw this preview before Harry Potter and the whole audience was laughing at a few of the scenes. Looks like great fun!

ImagiAsh
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh! I am so excited to see Idina! I saw her this past November in London as Elphaba (in Wicked) and I saw her last spring as Maureen at the Rent 10th Anniversary performance in NYC (the entire original cast came back for a one night performance). It's clear that I definitely support her work and I look forward to seeing her role in this movie. :thumbsup:

Fantasmic
08-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I saw her last spring as Maureen at the Rent 10th Anniversary performance in NYC (the entire original cast came back for a one night performance)

You are SO lucky :D

JohnHMCWYG
09-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Disney will be releasing the movie "Enchanted" soon. While I do plan on seeing it in the interest of fairness, it does seem like it might be a little unoriginal.

The movie is said to be a gentle satire of Disney's animated movies. I like that idea...It reminds me of "Shrek".

I don't know...I just have a bad feeling about this movie. I'm sure that it will have quality songs, funny lines and good design, but what gives me the bad feeling is that it seems rather unoriginal. I've seen Disney movies spoofed many times in my life, both in movies and on TV. The only difference I'm seeing is that Disney will be doing the spoofing themselves.

Maybe I'm just too jaded about this...What are your feelings about the subject?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

LibertyTreeGal
10-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Well, we loved Meet The Robinsons (I cried all the way through the beginning and end and *sniff* we need to give our birthmother Steph a call) and so we bought it yesterday and I saw an interesting trailer.

It would seem that Snow White falls down the well (I think, it went kinda fast) and ends up in the modern world. It looked like it actually might be interesting -- it's due out November 20, the day we drive to Lubbock to stay overnight before our vacation begins.

Anyone else see this trailer?

tennantsrwe
10-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Hey!
I haven't seen the trailer but for some reason I remember hearing something about the movie. Thanks for the release date!:thumbsup:

snowflakegirl
10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
I went and saw The Game Plan this past weekend (yes, it's been out forever, I'm a little behind the times) and there was a trailer for Enchanted. It's about a princess, I think named Giselle, who is thrown down a well into the "real world" by the evil queen. It looks like it might be fun. Patrick Dempsey is in it, and so is James Marsden, both of whom I love. I'm not sure who plays the princess, but she looks really familliar.

Jared
10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm having terrible vibes about this film, and my expectations are tiny. Honestly, I can't imagine wasting my money on what looks more like rubbish each time I see an advertisement.

I first saw the trailer for "Enchanted" in front of "Ratatouille" during the summer, and I've seen it at least five more times since. Like with "The Game Plan", it's never a good sign when Disney runs the trailer in front of seemingly every movie.

But I know a few people who saw a screener at the London Film Festival who raved about it, so I'm keeping an open mind. Apparently, the initial reviews from London are quite favorable.

Surprisingly, I saw one story saying Disney already is planning a sequel. That's just what we need--another sequel.

NotaGeek
10-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Jeeze Jared, did you wake up on the wrong side of the movie theater today? :mickey:

I love a good romantic comedy, throw in some Disney animation, heck that sounds like cinematic genius to me!

Jared
10-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Jeeze Jared, did you wake up on the wrong side of the movie theater today? :mickey:

I love a good romantic comedy, throw in some Disney animation, heck that sounds like cinematic genius to me!
I didn't mean to sound quite so negative, but I don't yet understand the point of "Enchanted". DreamWorks started the "Shrek" franchise as a way to appropriately criticize and satire Disney. Why does Disney need to mock itself?

NotaGeek
10-30-2007, 08:56 PM
I didn't mean to sound quite so negative, but I don't yet understand the point of "Enchanted". DreamWorks started the "Shrek" franchise as a way to appropriately criticize and satire Disney. Why does Disney need to mock itself?

I was just kidding you...

I really don't think Disney is mocking itself -- but I have to wait until I see the movie to see what it's all about. You do know how Disney loves that "when worlds collide" concept ...

LibertyTreeGal
10-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Actually, I have a lot of respect for people and companies who don't take themselves very seriously and can poke fun at themselves when appropriate. :)

I loved the ridiculous nature of a princess in Manhattan breaking into song and getting shushed! Priceless... it's either gonna be VERY, VERY good or VERY, VERY bad..... and my twins were just about dying laughing.

JohnHMCWYG
10-31-2007, 06:56 PM
As I said in an earlier post, stuff like that has been going on for decades.

Perfect example: "Monty Python And The Holy Grail" had a decent amount of time based around scenes of a young prince who always wants to sing, but keeps getting shut up by his father.

Maybe the screenwriters were taking a cue from the Pythons on that one.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

tyandskyesmom
11-15-2007, 01:44 PM
We are so excited...even Tyler!

We are going to see Enchanted tonight at a local theatre for a free sneak peek!

I'll let you all know(without details, of course!) what we thought!

47 more days!!!

NotaGeek
11-15-2007, 09:48 PM
WOW! So I am bored at work reading some entertainment sites and there already OSCAR BUZZ for Amy Adams for this film! :mickey: Evidently there hasn't been a fun-loving movie nomination since Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman (she didn't win the Academy Award, but she did take home a Golden Globe for the role!) and this movie might break that trend! I am going to see it on Sunday, so I will report back!

tyandskyesmom
11-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Definately a must see!

The four of us laughed our butts off the whole time. It was really well done and the spoofs on the classic fairy tales are in your face and yet suttle at the same time. There's even a little bit of Ariel in it without even being under the sea!

We give it four thumbs up and encourage anyone and everyone to see it...and it will be one we will buy when it is released.

Jared
11-17-2007, 11:36 AM
WOW! So I am bored at work reading some entertainment sites and there already OSCAR BUZZ for Amy Adams for this film! :mickey:
I've heard similar reports. Did you read Peter Travers' column about the movie he wrote for Rolling Stone earlier this week? He spent the entire review absolutely raving about Amy Adams' performance.

I have next weekend set aside for "No Country for Old Men," but maybe the weekend after I'll check out "Enchanted."

Melanie
11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Definately a must see!

The four of us laughed our butts off the whole time. It was really well done and the spoofs on the classic fairy tales are in your face and yet suttle at the same time. There's even a little bit of Ariel in it without even being under the sea!

We give it four thumbs up and encourage anyone and everyone to see it...and it will be one we will buy when it is released.

Thanks for the review, Sherry! :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
11-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Awesome, we are kicking off our trip by seeing this Wednesday afternoon in Lubbock before we fly out on Thursday :thumbsup:

JohnHMCWYG
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Every Disney fan and their mother (sometimes literally) seems really gung-ho to see this movie.

I plan on seeing it myself, but only to get some things out of my system. I've been told by multiple people that this is a loving homage to Disney classics and it isn't anything like "Shrek", but then I read tyandskyesmom saying that the spoofs are "in your face...".

That sounds awfully "Shrek"-like to me.

The Disney movies I've seen over the years have helped me through a lot of stuff, much like I've felt a connection to the pop culture of the 80s. It's taken my mind off my autism, my family issues, my problems at work, my troubles in elementary, middle and high school...It's really assisted me. I feel an emotional connection to this stuff (both Disney and 80s culture), and to see it mocked (and "Enchanted" seems an awful lot like mockery) makes me feel like not only are they insulting the entertainments, but they're insulting me as well for enjoying them.

It's part of my autism, I think. I latch on to certain things and learn all I can about them at the expense of social skills and other things I should've learned a long time ago.

I wish I could communicate my fears better, but I feel that no one will be able to understand my issues.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

tyandskyesmom
11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I've been told by multiple people that this is a loving homage to Disney classics and it isn't anything like "Shrek", but then I read tyandskyesmom saying that the spoofs are "in your face...".

That sounds awfully "Shrek"-like to me.

...and to see it mocked (and "Enchanted" seems an awful lot like mockery) makes me feel like not only are they insulting the entertainments, but they're insulting me as well for enjoying them.

Sorry if that sounded off...maybe "obvious" would have been a better way to say it. I mean, the parts that were taken from older classic Disney movies were not done dis-tastefully. It was not crude humor like a lot of Shrek is. Don't get me wrong...we loved Shrek too but Enchanted is not done in a Shrek-esque way. I just mean to say something to the effect that the copied parts were obvious to a Disney fan where they came from. I did not feel they were making fun of Disney stories past.

JohnHMCWYG
11-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow, I am in awe of anyone passing judgement on a movie they haven't seen! Give it a chance -- I don't think movies should be prejudged any more than people should be. I've heard a lot of accusations against this movie -- and not one of them made by anyone who has seen it. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and filled with words like "stunning" and 'sweet" and "charming." So excuse me if I am not really in the mood to listen to criticism from people who have no clue of what they are talking about. If you have seen the movie, then please blast away if the movie warrants it, if not then please don't...

There are two academy award caliber actresses involved with this film (Amy Adams, nominated 2006 and Susan Sarandon, a winner) and people are already talking about oscars. It seems like a few people have decided not to like this movie and are intent on polluting the waters. I'll give my review when I get back. I can't wait to see it :)

I did say that I was going to see the movie. I'm just nervous is all. You all have better senses of humor than I do. I'm not saying that I don't have one, but my jokes don't run towards mocking things I like and support...At least, it seems like this will be a mockery.

I will be seeing it, anyway, just so I can make my judgment. If this was directed at me, please lighten up.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

NotaGeek
11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
MODERATOR ALERT :offtopic:

Everyone needs to take a step back and breath. Please refrain from making comments TOWARDS people's individual posts. This tread is intended to discuss a movie, and we are all entitled to feel whatever we want. There is no need to attack each other for supporting, not supporting, fearing, being nervous or just not caring about a movie. It is JUST a movie.

Keep on topic please.

Jared
11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
It is JUST a movie.
Isn't that what they said about "The Last House on the Left"? ;)

Anyway, I don't think it's unfair to judge a movie based on the trailers, commercials and early reviews. Studios market their films to create buzz and pique interest. The initial advertising for "Enchanted" immediately alienated me, hence my reaction. I will, however, see the movie soon and judge for myself.

NotaGeek
11-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Isn't that what they said about "The Last House on the Left"? ;)

Anyway, I don't think it's unfair to judge a movie based on the trailers, commercials and early reviews. Studios market their films to create buzz and pique interest. The initial advertising for "Enchanted" immediately alienated me, hence my reaction. I will, however, see the movie soon and judge for myself.

Jared I have hired a psychic and he has been sending you messages in your REM sleep. YOU WILL LIKE THIS MOVIE...

PirateLover
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
I thought this sounded like a cute movie idea since I first heard about it a few years back. It has gone through some changes and I think it will be a really fun family film, something that is rare these days. I think it's great that Disney is able to make fun of themselves. I have not seen the movie but I doubt it is "mocking." To me that has a negative connotation. In this movie, the "animated" princess is placed in a "real world" current-day environment. I think that the laughs in this movie come from the fact that people do genuinely love these movies/stories, no matter how ridiculous they are. I think it will be innocent fun.

LibertyTreeGal
11-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Sorry Michael and John, I just removed my post. I've had a wretchedly heartbreaking 24 hours and I just couldn't deal with anything.

NotaGeek
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Sorry Michael and John, I just removed my post. I've had a wretchedly heartbreaking 24 hours and I just couldn't deal with anything.

No harm no foul, that's why the moderators are here ... sometimes stuff happens in our personal life and it all comes out on the boards...

NotaGeek
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
John Kilduff -- please check your Private Messages. I have sent you information about why I have deleted your posts.

JohnHMCWYG
11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
John Kilduff -- please check your Private Messages. I have sent you information about why I have deleted your posts.

I just recieved the PM a few minutes ago. I'm sorry about all of the drama. I'll do my best to stick to the rules in the future. I apologize for slipping up.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

NotaGeek
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I just recieved the PM a few minutes ago. I'm sorry about all of the drama. I'll do my best to stick to the rules in the future. I apologize for slipping up.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

It's not a problem ... that's why we are here. Discussion is a good thing.

Now back to the Discussion of Enchanted ...

DisneyDudet
11-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Since it seems Disney is making fun of their own movies, I think it is showing the world that they do have a sense of humor. Its like they are using every comment that people have made about Disney movies and musicals and turning it right around at them saying, "How's this?"

And while I thought Shrek was funny, I don't think that EVERY joke about princesses and other things were directed at Disney, but merely fairy tales period. Since Disney has made a movie out of MANY stories (Cinderella, Alice and Wonderland), they were making fun of the original, that Disney animated.

We head to see it tomorrow. We can't wait. It looks really cute and funny, regardless of if they make fun of themselves. But that is one of the things that is funny, is they are poking fun at themselves, not someone else doing it.

Mostly, this is just a movie of two so differnet worlds colliding. People who live in a "fairly tale world" meet the "real world".

I'm sure there's so moral to the story, so, after we see it tomorrow, and after I make the green bean casserole, I will come along and give my opinions, which aren't as cool as Jared's. :blush:

Kate In Wonderland
11-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to see it. I think it looks really cute! :D

Jared
11-21-2007, 10:50 AM
In case anybody cares, Roger Ebert reviewed "Enchanted" for his Web site today and awarded the film three stars. The entire story is on the homepage of the site.

NotaGeek
11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
In case anybody cares, Roger Ebert reviewed "Enchanted" for his Web site today and awarded the film l three stars. The entire story is on the homepage of the site.

Jared I agree with you on the reviews thing ... but I only really listen to a few of them. Roger Ebert is one of them ...

DisneyDudet
11-21-2007, 09:42 PM
So I saw "Enchanted" today. It was SO not making fun of Disney movies! It was completely not what I thought! It was really good. I liked it, and I would pay to see it again. I mean, I guess it kind of made fun of Disney movies, but it wasn't overly obvious to me. It was fun trying to pick out the elements of the movie to go with the animated classics. There are some very good things for Disney movie nuts to find!

I liked it, and I don't think it deserves the "bashing" it received before its release. It does not mock Disney or fairy tales like "Shrek" did. The two different worlds colliding is a very cute story, kind of like "13 Going On 30" type fun.

I give it 3 out of 4 stars!

SpecJoe Magic
11-22-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. I realize that it probably won't be anything spectacular, but I do like the concept, and silly comedies are enjoyable sometimes. I think it's nice when a person, or a movie in this case, can laugh at themselves and not take themselves too seriously.

glenpreece
11-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I just couldn't wait to see this movie. We went last night and it was Fantastic!!!!! Go see it everyone!!! Amy Adams was such a great Princess. And Ariel was even in it! Jodi Benson that is.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Americans!

kakn7294
11-23-2007, 01:09 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I'm looking forward to it. I also read that Paige O'Hara (Belle) is in it. Jodi's character is Sam, Paige's character is Angela. I'm glad to hear that you liked it - hopefully we will too!

Disneyexpert15
11-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I want to see Enchanted really bad!!! I might see it tomorrow :)

pink
11-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I just saw it today and it was really cute. I'm glad I saw it and I would probally watch it again if it was on. Good job Disney! :mickey:

Katzateer
11-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Did anyone else catch the connection that the evil queens would-be suitor is the same actor that played Wormtail in the Harry Potter movies? My youngest about choked on her popcorn when she saw Wormtail dressed in his "adorable" outfit.

pink
11-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I noticed it was wormtail right away! I never saw him in the previews though, so that was exciting. :mickey:

RenDuran
11-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Princess and I thought Enchanted was a great movie! I feel so happy and dreamy now...

kakn7294
11-25-2007, 12:14 AM
We saw Enchanted tonight and loved it! It was really cute and I loved all the Disney references we happened to catch - I'm sure that we missed a bunch too. Amy Adams made such a perfect Disney Princess! I would pay to see this one again and will definately get it on DVD.

NJDad
11-25-2007, 06:10 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I'm looking forward to it. I also read that Paige O'Hara (Belle) is in it. Jodi's character is Sam, Paige's character is Angela. I'm glad to hear that you liked it - hopefully we will too!

I tried to figure out who these characters were and missed either one or both of them.

Everyone in our group from 5 to 45 enjoyed it, except for the 14 year old, who seemed to like it when watching it then told us she didn't. Ah, teenagers!

Marker
11-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Saw it, loved it.

So will we soon be seeing a new Princess on the Princess roster --- "Princess Nancy"

Lacy
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I saw it yesterday with my mom and sister. All three of us adults thought it was GREAT! It was so fun and enjoyable. I was excited to see it beforehand but was surprised at how much I liked it. Amy Adams was wonderful as was the rest of the cast and the music was very good as well!

fig's disney
11-25-2007, 03:57 PM
saw it and liked it......it was unique

*****SPOILERS***********
but I did hear somewhere that disney will not consider her as a new princess, becuase.....

*****SPOILERS***********
*****SPOILERS***********
*****SPOILERS***********
*****SPOILERS***********
*****SPOILERS***********

....because she never actually married a prince

kakn7294
11-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I tried to figure out who these characters were and missed either one or both of them.Sam is the assistant / receptionist in Robert's law firm. Angela is the woman in the soap opera that Prince Edward and Nathaniel watch.

Mollywobbles
11-25-2007, 09:37 PM
For awhile now I've been thinking about how Disney needs to make another princess movie. Now they've done it and in a wonderful way too. I really liked how there was the animation at the very beginning--actually hand-drawn (I think).

I also enjoyed all of the Disney references that were made. I won't give them away for those of you who haven't seen the movie yet.

My favorite scene was from the Ball when Giselle and Robert were dancing. That was an "awww" moment for me. Then when he was looking at her leaving I was almost crying. What a romantic movie?

I recommend this movie to everyone. You won't be dissapointed.

NJDad
11-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Sam is the assistant / receptionist in Robert's law firm. Angela is the woman in the soap opera that Prince Edward and Nathaniel watch.

I figured the assistant was one of them, but that soap opera totally got by me. There's not a plethora of characters for them to pop up as.

acetate
11-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Saw it. Loved it. Amy Adams is adorable. Very funny and cute. Patrick Dempsey was a great straight man for her. The whole cast was good really. I didn't get a "shrek" vibe at all from this film. Thought it very "disney" instead. Lots of lil references and in-jokes. There was a list of them in last weeks usa today, but go see the film and find them yourselves !

BriarRose0708
11-26-2007, 10:31 AM
saw it last night and loved it! Loved all the inside jokes, music, Bella Notte, quick character cameos (who saw Timon at the end??) it was like looking for hidden mickey's in the movie!

Will probably see it again!

magicman
11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
saw it last night and loved it! Loved all the inside jokes, music, Bella Notte, quick character cameos (who saw Timon at the end??) it was like looking for hidden mickey's in the movie!

Will probably see it again!

I loved it, and I want to see it again. Where was Timon? Were there other hidden items that I need to look for?

BriarRose0708
11-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I loved it, and I want to see it again. Where was Timon? Were there other hidden items that I need to look for?

I can send you a PM in a few minutes. I don't want to spoil it for others. :mickey:

disneygecko
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM
I just saw Enchanted the other day and I must say that it was EXCELLENT:clappy:! I thought the story was very interesting and funny. There were also many references I caught that Disney put in from their previous movies. TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Suz36
11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Saw it - LOVED IT!!!!! What a great movie for everyone, young and old. The music was great - we ran out the next day to get the soundtrack, and I've had the songs in my head ever since! Can't wait to see Giselle in the MGM parade - we leave in 6 days!!!!!

PirateLover
11-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I had a feeling I'd love it... and I was right. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Especially James Marsden. I think he was perfectly cast. Amy Adams was excellent as well. So many laugh out loud moments. Even my boyfriend loved it. A slam dunk for Disney :mickey:

Melanie
11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Especially James Marsden. I think he was perfectly cast.

I'm glad to see you say this. I suddenly have a thing for him. :heart:

So what about Idina Menzel? I don't think anyone has mentioned how she was in her role.

Can't wait to see this! I think it starts here next week.

BriarRose0708
11-27-2007, 12:06 AM

So what about Idina Menzel? I don't think anyone has mentioned how she was in her role.

Idina's scenes were very short, she was on screen maybe 10 or 15 minutes out of the whole film. She didn't sing a note, which is a waste, if you ask me. But she's trying to break into acting full time, so I guess it's still a transitional period for her.

PirateLover
11-27-2007, 02:05 AM

James really dove head first into the role. And he has a really good singing voice, too!
Idina was probably the only disappointment of the film just because she was so underutilized. Her character didn't have much depth and is only in about 3 scenes.

Jared
11-30-2007, 02:22 AM
Well, I finally saw the movie tonight, and I'm sure everybody is anxiously awaiting my thoughts considering my initial cautiousness toward the film.

I liked "Enchanted." I even loved parts. The first 15 minutes in traditional animation were nearly perfect, and the scene with the huge crowd dancing through Central Park was absolutely glorious.

In an 107-minute movie, I was probably engaged for at least 75 or 80 minutes. The last few scenes were tedious and boring. I stopped paying attention when the group ended up at the ball. Suddenly, the novelty and excitement was gone, and I was just waiting to see who would end up with whom.

Honestly, I was little uncomfortable with the prospect of Giselle and Robert falling in love. I couldn't shake the notion that a real person was crushing on a once-animated princess with the mind of a child. Seeing Giselle explore New York was like watching a toddler experiencing the world for the first time. Until the very end, I somehow believed Giselle would return to cartoon land with Edward and Robert would finally marry Nancy. Maybe I'm just not ready for inter-medium and inter-dimensional marriages yet.

Amy Adams, playing the role of Giselle, really carried the film. Even as an animated character, her voice was bouncy, lilting and joyous. When Giselle was wandering the streets of the city, I really believed she was lost, confused and scared. Once she met Robert and finally became comfortable with her new surroundings, I still sensed the inner princess constricted by the real world. Adams' performance was absolutely delicious and definitely lives up to the movie's title. I look forward to seeing her again.

My original concern was that "Enchanted" would mock Disney the way "Shrek," "Shrek 2" and "Shrek the Third" mock Disney. I'm tired of silly gags and teasing to generate laughs. That concern was unncessary and incorrect. This movie didn't mock Disney -- it honored Disney by paying homage to some classic films and returning to the formula that turned Disney into a powerhouse studio.

On a five-star scale, I'd award "Enchanted" three-and-one-half stars. Families with small children should definitely see this movie. So should anybody looking to discover a blossoming star.

Lightning McQueen
12-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Saw it tonight and loved it. Did anyone catch the Tower of Terror reference?

Christine
12-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Just got home from seeing it today...absolutely LOVED it! My DH didn't want to go...thought it would be dumb. Now having seen it, he said he thought it was one of the best movies he's seen in a long time. It was perfect...I couldn't think of one thing I'd change or that I disliked. :thumbsup:

glenpreece
12-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Saw it again tonight but didn't catch any ToT reference. Love it!!!!

Melanie
12-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Very cute! I liked it a lot.

I went with four 7-10 year old boys, and it pretty much got a :down: from them though. I don't really think they were the target audience. ;)

NotaGeek
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I LOVED it. Life should be a Disney Movie ... Musical numbers and all!

glenpreece
12-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I LOVED it. Life should be a Disney Movie ... Musical numbers and all!

Wouldn't it be great to break out into song at any given moment!!!

LibertyTreeGal
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
I saw it on opening night right before we flew out to WDW. I adored it... I even got a Giselle pin for my lanyard!

I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. I laughed and cried so much -- even DH laughed his head off.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
12-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Wouldn't it be great to break out into song at any given moment!!!

Maybe that's something the movie was trying to get across - what's so wrong with doing that? Sure, some would think you're crazy, but, really, who cares? You only get one shot at life, so, enjoy it!

There are SO many Disney references in this movie, it's unbelievable!! I won't spoil if for everyone, you can google disney enchanted hidden, and there are some websites that list, scene by scene, the hidden Disney references.

Just to mention two, some of my favorites are the restaurant from Lady & the Tramp (already mentioned), and one of the dancing old men in the park song scene being an original chimney sweep from Mary Poppins. Classic.

My wife and I went to see this movie, and we totally loved it! We both give it a perfect 10/10 rating, and will ABSOLUTELY be adding this to our DVD collection when it comes out.

Others have also said that Amy, who plays Giselle, carries the movie, and I somewhat agree. She is definitely a beautiful lady, and seems like her part is a copy of the genie from I Dream of Genie.

But, many of the supporting characters really put this movie over the top, like Robert's daughter (she's such a cute girl!), Nancy, and Pip.

The one thing I could have done without were the roaches in the cleaning song scene - yuck!

I can't find the tower of terror reference - can anybody help me out?

Disneyexpert15
12-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I saw Enchanted the weekend after Thanksgiving it was so good, and saw it a second time during the week.

RedSoxFan
12-27-2007, 07:12 PM
DD11 and I saw it last week. We both loved it. Would definitely see it again.

TikiGoddess
12-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Yay! Disney hit a home run with this movie. We went to see it today with the girls -- it was DD3's first trip to the movie theater EVER. She did great, loved the whole princess thing.

Now I must go look up all the hidden references!
TikiG

DrWorm2008
12-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Enchanted was AWESOME! I laughed my tail off! Susan Sarandon was a great witch, and all the Disney references were so much fun! This will definitely be part of my DVD collection! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Does anyone have a copy of the Kansas City Star article? It's no longer available on their website and I can't find it anywhere.

Kathy

RAIDER
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I saw it a few weeks ago and it was absolutley brilliant the musical sequence was so funny . The ending with the witch was the down side :thumbsup:

NJDad
01-01-2008, 06:38 AM
Does anyone have a copy of the Kansas City Star article? It's no longer available on their website and I can't find it anywhere.

Kathy

I do. Can PM it to you, it's pretty long. Could post it here if it's OK with mods for length and any other issue???

Melanie
01-01-2008, 06:42 AM
I do. Can PM it to you, it's pretty long. Could post it here if it's OK with mods for length and any other issue???

It's fine to post here as long as it falls within the Terms of Service for being family-friendly. :thumbsup:

NJDad
01-02-2008, 05:41 AM
REEL ONE

STORY BOOK DAY 1

1. OVER THE DISNEY CASTLE: Storybook pops open. Narrator begins story-

•Books open in many of the classic Disney films. The pop-up book is a modern take off on the traditional openings of Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty

•The hall the book is in is based on Evind Eryle's artwork for Sleeping Beauty.

3. INT. GISELLE’S TREE HOUSE: The animals help Giselle finish her statue. He has no lips. She breaks into song

•Giselle is a combination of Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel and Belle, but mostly she approaches life much as Snow White would.

•Animal friends accompany all of the classic princesses on their journeys - Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty.

•The song is written in the style of "I'm Wishing," "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes," and "Once Upon a Dream."

4A. EXT. TREE HOUSE: Giselle opens shutters.

•Giselle calls for help in much the same fashion as Snow White.

5. INT. TREEHOUSE: Animals help to find a solution

•Animal friends help Giselle build her dream prince, much as they help clean the house and do the chores in Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

6. EXT. ANOTHER PART OF FOREST: Edward and Nathaniel hunt trolls. Edward
sings. He hears Giselle’s singing.

• Troll is wearing remnants of past Animated Disney Princess dresses as a loincloth: Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella. He also wears Ariel’s shells as earrings.

•Prince Edward is a combination of Prince Charming, Prince Philip and the Prince from Cinderella and Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid.

•Edward dances with Nathaniel much like Philip dances with his father, King Hubert in Sleeping Beauty.

10B. INT. GISELLE’S TREEHOUSE: Pip and Giselle talk. Troll appears and tries to grab Giselle.

•You can see the bell jar with the rose in it, from Beauty and the Beast, clearly on the right as the camera pushes towards Giselle and Pip sitting on window seat.

15. EXT. TREE HOUSE: Troll chases Giselle. Pip tries to ward off troll.
Giselle falls into Edward's arms. The two ride off into the sunset, singing.

•The troll yells the Goofy scream as he is flung in to the next kingdom.

•Giselle and Edward ride off into the sunset just as Snow White and Prince Charming do at the end of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

17. NARISSA'S SPELL ROOM: Narissa watches the scene in the fountain and
smashes her crystal ball.

•Queen Narissa transforms into a giant dragon - Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty.

STORY BOOK DAY 2

19. EXT. THE CASTLE: Giselle arrives at and enters the castle. Nathaniel locks Pip and the animals out.

•Giselle arrives in a white carriage which is very reminiscent of the pumpkin coach in Cinderella.

•We imply that the animals made Giselle's wedding dress - Cinderella.

20. EXT. CASTLE COURTYARD: Giselle walks to the wedding. Giselle meets the Old Hag who takes her to the well.

•The Old Hag is a direct reference to the Old Hag in Snow White.

22. EXT. THE WELL: The Hag pushes Giselle into the well.

•The magic wishing well is a direct reference to Snow White.

24. EXT. THE WELL: The Hag transforms back into Narissa. She tells Nathaniel she sent Giselle away.

•The Old Hag is Queen Narissa - Snow White.

27. EXT. CITY STREET: Giselle lifts herself out of the manhole cover. She gets stuck. She sees Times Square. 2 CARS CRASH. She runs from the scene.

•Times Square is filled with many references to Disney or the individuals in the film. None of this was done on purpose, it just was there on the day we shot.

- Tarzan, the Broadway Musical posters - Disney film and directed by Kevin Lima.

- Wicked poster - Stephen Schwartz is the composer/lyricist, Idina Menzel was the original Elphaba.

RB-30 INT. CHURCHILL, HARLINE AND SMITH: Robert's office with Banks.

•The last name of the divorcing couple is Banks, based on the troubled parents in Mary Poppins.

•The name of the law firm is an homage to the songwriters of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: Frank Churchill, Leigh Harline and Paul J. Smith.

•Robert's assistant Sam is named after Philip's trusted stead Samson in Sleeping Beauty.

•Sam is played by Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

NJDad
01-02-2008, 05:43 AM
REEL TWO

46. INT. ROBERT LIVING ROOM: "HAPPY WORKING SONG"
Giselle and the ANIMALS work.

•This song is a complete homage to "Whistle While You Work." It contains references to many other Disney films.

•Birds make Giselle's dress into an apron - birds put an apron on Cinderella.

•Bubbles with Giselle's reflection are an homage to Cinderella.

•Flies twist a dish cloth that releases water, much as the birds twist a sponge full of water onto Cinderella.

•Animals do the dishes like in Snow White.

•The ending of the song is much like the end of "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid or "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.

51. INT. BATHROOM: Giselle gets out of bath, as Robert comes to door. BIRDS bring her a towel. She asks where the water comes from.

•Pigeons wrap a towel around Giselle, much like the birds dress Cinderella.

56. INT. ROBERT APT: Robert tells Giselle to leave. He sees that Giselle's new outfit is made from his curtains. He's ANGRY. She tells him to sing to Nancy.

•Giselle creates a dress from the curtains, much as the animals created a ball gown for Cinderella from found household materials.

58. EXT. WEST 47TH ST: Edward and Pip are on the roof of the bus.

•Hairspray billboard behind Edward on the bus - Jimmy is in the film version of Hairspray.

59. INT. THE BUS: Edward pierces the roof and hits the Bag Lady's birdseeds. The Bus Driver stops. Edward sets the riders free.

•The woman with the bag of birdseed is an homage to the bird woman in Mary Poppins. She appears later feeding the pigeons in Central Park.

•The bus driver's hair is Mickey shaped.

•Times Square - Beauty and the Beast and Tarzan musical billboards behind the upside-down Edward.

- Edward stands against a Superman Returns billboard - Jimmy Marsden (Prince Edward) plays Lois Lane's fiancée in the film.

NJDad
01-02-2008, 05:45 AM
REEL THREE

62. INT. CHURCHILL, HARLINE AND SMITH RECEPTION: SAM tells Robert the BANKS are waiting. Robert asks her to help Giselle get home. Giselle has taken a sip of water from the aquarium and spits out a fish. Narissa appears in the aquarium.

•Sam sits across from a fish tank, which is a reference to The Little Mermaid.

63. INT. KATZ FAMOUS DELI RESTAURANT KITCHEN: Nathaniel talks with REFLECTED NARISSA in a pot of boiling chicken broth about her plan to kill Giselle. Nathaniel takes the apples, Narissa gets scooped, and sees PIP listening.

•Poison apples are a direct reference from Snow White.

66. INT. CHURCHILL, HARLINE AND SMITH RECEPTION: Robert emerges with PHOEBE and ETHAN BANKS. SAM can't figure out where Giselle is from. Giselle congratulates the BANKS on their love. Robert tells her they are divorcing. Giselle breaks down. PHOEBE leaves upset. HENRY threatens. Robert runs into CARL.

•"Part of Your World" muzak plays over the office speakers as Giselle watches the fish.

71. EXT. CENTRAL PARK/POND: As they eat hotdogs, Giselle questions Robert
about Nancy. Nathaniel gives Giselle the first apple. She accidentally tosses it away.

•The skull coated candy apple is based on the Snow White freshly poisoned apple.

72. EXT. CENTRAL PARK: Giselle asks ROBERT how Nancy knows he loves her. SONG "HOW DOES SHE KNOW?" STEEL DRUM BAND, MUSICIANS, and PARK VISITORS join in the song. Montage of various Central Park spots.

•In the old folks section of the dance, the yellow jacketed gentleman danced as a chimney sweep in the original film version of Mary Poppins.

•Rapunzel is being performed in the bandshell - an homage to the upcoming Disney film.

•Square trees in the Rapunzel performance look like the Eyvind Earle designs for the Sleeping Beauty trees.

NJDad
01-02-2008, 05:47 AM
REEL FOUR

SUNSET-2

79. INT. HOTEL ROOM: Edward flips the remote on the TV. Channels change
showing the News and Soap Opera. Nathaniel wants to watch. Pip breaks out of the box he has been trapped in. He plays charades with Edward. Nathaniel notices and puts him in the closet.

• “Magic Mirror” is a reference to the mirror the Queen in Snow White talks to.

•The soap opera star is Paige O’Hara, the voice of Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Her name is Angela after Angela Lansbury, Mrs. Potts in Beauty and the Beast.

•The male soap opera star is named Jerry after Jerry Orbach, Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast.

•Angela's offscreen affair is with Ogden after David Ogden Stiers, Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast.

•The music that underscores the soap opera is the song Beauty and the Beast.

•The soap opera set is built to look like the bandaging scene from Beauty and the Beast. It's even snowing.

80. INT. THE CLOSET: Nathaniel leaves Pip locked up.

INT. HOTEL ROOM: Nathaniel says goodbye to Edward and leaves to go outside.

•On the TV are Edgar Bergan and Mortimer Snerd from the Disney compilation film, Fun and Fancy Free.

83. INT. JOE AND TONY'S RESTAURANT/DINING ROOM: MORGAN helps fold the napkins. Robert tells Giselle about Morgan's mother. Giselle feels sympathy. Robert is protective of MORGAN. Nathaniel shows up with an apple martini. Pip knocks over the drink. The restaurant is in pandemonium. Pip tells Giselle Edward is around. Nathaniel tries to get rid of Pip. Pip hides under the pizza. Nathaniel flings it across the room into the oven. Pip lands in a wine carafe. Nathaniel gets applause.

•The Bella Notte Restaurant is named after the song in Lady and the Tramp. There is a sign in the window at the far end of the restaurant.

•A modern day twist on the poison apple, a poison apple martini.

86. INT. HOTEL ROOM: Edward channel surfs. Sees Giselle on TV. Hears the address: 116th and Broadway.

•Mary Ilene Caselotti named for the voice talent Mary Costa (Sleeping Beauty), Ilene Woods (Cinderella) and Adriana Caselotti (Snow White).

87. INT. MORGAN'S BEDROOM: Giselle tells Morgan the Red Riding Hood Story. Robert listens.

•There is a Belle doll wearing sunglasses, which can be seen in the chair at the start of the scene.

90. INT. ROBERT'S APT FIRST FLOOR: EDWARD tries to find the right door. Meets MOTHER, OLD ASIAN MAN, FAT MAN.

•The pregnant mom is Judy Kuhn, the singing voice of Pocahontas.

NJDad
01-02-2008, 05:49 AM
REEL FIVE

106A/C/B. EXT. CALYPSO/TAHARI /PRADA: MORGAN & GISELLE shopping

•This isn't Hidden Disney - Mona May, our costume designer is the 1st shop clerk.

•This isn't Hidden Disney either - Barry Josephson, our Producer is the shopkeep who brings Giselle her forgotten bag.

108. EXT. TIMES SQUARE: NARISSA arrives.

•Kevin Lima is in the center back left of the 1st group of people turning their heads in response to the manhole cover being blown off.

114. INT. BALLROOM: As NANCY and ROBERT dance, ROBERT notices GISELLE.

Introductions. NANCY is taken by EDWARD. “SO CLOSE” ROBERT and GISELLE dance. NANCY interrupts.

•Giselle and Robert's eyes meet at the ball much as Cinderella did when she arrived at the ball and locked eyes with Prince Charming.

•The moment and song "So Close" is based on the moment and song, "Beauty and the Beast" from Beauty and the Beast. It is also, like that song sung by an observer of the event, not by any of the participants.

•During "So Close" there is a shot here that is reminiscent of a camera move from the Beauty and the Beast ballroom dancing number.

•Like the film Cinderella, the world disappears and the lovers dance in a world all their own. Walt Disney and his artists had storyboarded a dance in the stars for both Snow White, "Someday My Prince Will Come" and Cinderella, "Dancing in the Clouds". This dance in the magical glitter is an homage to that idea that never made it into those films.

114B. INT. UPPER LEVEL OF BALLROOM: GISELLES watches NANCY and ROBERT KISS. The OLD HAG shows up and offers APPLE to forget all that has happened. GISELLE bites and falls. LIGHTNING AND THUNDER.

•The Old Hag appears and convinces Giselle to bite into the last of the poison apples - Snow White.

•This cutting mirrors when Snow White bites the apple. View Giselle's lifting the apple to her mouth and biting the apple through her falling.

119. INT. BALLROOM: The apple falls from Giselle’s hand and rolls down the stairs.

•This shot replicates the apple falling from Snow White's hand.

122A/B/C. INT. UPPER LEVEL OF BALLROOM: ROBERT rushes to GISELLE.

NANCY calls 911. NATHANIEL rats out NARISSA.

•Giselle is laid on a bier - Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.

128-138. INT. UPPER LEVEL OF BALLROOM: CLOCK CHIMES. GISELLE is fading
(NARISSA is thrilled). Edward pleads. NATHANIEL tells them she needs more to be saved. NARISSA knows he is giving it away. NATHANIEL silences NARISSA. ROBERT knows she has to have "true loves kiss." EDWARD kisses GISELLE. Nothing happens. Edward tries again. The KISS is not working. Edward tells ROBERT he may be the one. ROBERT protests. NANCY tells him to kiss her. ONE STROKE LEFT. ROBERT kisses GISELLE -nothing happens-MIDNIGHT: GISELLE comes to life. She knew it was ROBERT.

•A kiss will wake Giselle from her sleep - Snow White and Sleeping Beauty.

•The clock chimes 12 - Cinderella.

•The close-up of Giselle asleep is set up to look like the sleeping Aurora in Sleeping Beauty.

140A. INT MAIN BALLROOM: NARISSA TRANSFORMS into DRAGON.

•Narissa turns into a dragon - Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty.

NJDad
01-02-2008, 05:52 AM
REEL SIX

149. INT. BALLROOM: GISELLE crosses the dance floor towards the window.
She grabs Edward’s sword and looses a shoe.

•Giselle pulls the sword from the floor heralding that she is the true prince - The Sword in the Stone.

•Giselle loses her glass slipper - Cinderella.

152A. EXT. WOOLWORTH BUILDING BALCONY: NARRISA hangs ROBERT over the side. GISELLE sticks NARISSA with the sword.

Narissa heads higher up and GISELLE follows.

•This climax is reminiscent of the climax from Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

- Precariously staged atop a tall building.

- overall cast in a blue hue.

- Thunder and Lightning accents the events.

- Prince (in this case Giselle) fights off the villain transformed with a sword.

- Villian about to throw the hero to his death

- Villian, wrapped up her own power, brings upon her own death.

- Villian falls to her death.

167. EXT. WOOLWORTH BLD SPIRE: ROBERT starts to fall. He is caught by GISELLE. THEY KISS.

•Our couple shares true love's kiss - every Disney fairytale!

169. INT. BALLROOM: NANCY holds up the glass slipper to EDWARD who puts it on her.

•The "glass slipper" fits Nancy perfectly as in Cinderella.

173. INT. ANDALASIA FASHIONS: ROBERT, MORGAN, AND GISELLE all work together. Pop up book to

•The animals help May, Giselle's new assistant, design and make a dress - the sewing animals in Cinderella. They even lift their sewing supplies up a mannequin by a string and pulley system.

178. EXT. ROBERT’S APT: They continue dancing. Stars circle.

179. Close Book

END CREDITS

•The end credits include quite a few visual references to past Disney classics.

-Fairies from Fantasia

-Wishing well from Snow White

-Frog Prince and kissing Princess from the upcoming Princess and the Frog

-Cinderella ball

-Cinderella's palace

-Cinderella's coach

-Cinderella's mice friends

-The Little Mermaid

-Cinderella's glass slipper

-The sword in the stone

-biting the poison apple

-Malefiecent the dragon

-Prince and princess kissing

TikiGoddess
01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow! Thanks!! I will have fun reading this... makes me want to go see the movie again...

Kathy

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-03-2008, 01:16 AM
I've taken my DD2 to see it 3 times and we both love it to pieces! She asks me almost daily to go see it... She does lines from the movie and talks about Pip and how "matches" Chip and Dale.

I CANNOT WAIT for it to come out on DVD. But until then, we might have to go see it once or twice more... heh. Not sure if I am taking her or myself more!???! lol

I love James Marsden, too. He=gorgeous, hilarious, & great singing voice. And something about the way he says "peasants." lol

Oh, the soundtrack rocks as well... love the Carrie Underwood song.

ChipnDaleGal
01-08-2008, 07:58 AM
My daughter and I finally made it to Enchanted this weekend and we both just loved it. Amy Adams is so adorable, and she has a very nice voice. Loved her chemistry with Patrick Dempsey, and with the little girl. And I think Susan Sarandon was perfectly cast as the evil stepmother. She has a deliciously evil voice when she wants to turn it on. I just wish that Idina Menzel could have sung a little ditty with the prince in the end. What a waste of her vocal talents.

murphy1
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Saw it with my two older girls this weekend, fantastic!!! Cannot wait for the DVD to come out. I am making the blue dress for my little one for Halloween, she is three and will be screaming for it when the movie comes out on DVD. I laughed a lot during it. Amy is adorable. I thought she might be too old to play a princess, but was not. Oh, Mona May, the costume designer, did a fantastic job, she has done other movies like Clueless and Haunted Mansion.

LibertyTreeGal
01-22-2008, 11:13 AM
WooHoo -- three best song nominations! I wonder if Amy Adams will be singing them all if there is an awards show!

My fave is "That's How You Know."

2Epcot
02-19-2008, 01:27 AM
I finally got to see Enchanted tonight. I've wanted to see the film since it first came out, but things kept getting in the way. I loved the film. The last couple of weeks I've been doing some Oscar related segments for work and we have used some music from Enchanted which made me want to see the film even more.

I was lucky that we have a $1.50 theater in our neighborhood, so I was still able to see it on the big screen. Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey were both great. Amy did both wonderful acting, and singing performances. I loved the music. Great score by Alan Menken, and songs written by Stephen Schwartz. Having 3 Oscar nominations gives them a good chance to win a Best Song Academy Award.

WooHoo -- three best song nominations! I wonder if Amy Adams will be singing them all if there is an awards show!

My fave is "That's How You Know."

On Sunday, Amy Adams will sing “Happy Working Song” from “Enchanted” ... “That’s How You Know,” will be sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Marlon Saunders, and “So Close,” is to be performed by Jon McLaughlin. I've read Amy is a little nervous to be singing at the Academy Awards.

murphy1
02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
DVD release date 3/18!!!!!

I can't wait to get this! I have to start working on those costumes when we get back from Florida, she's already asking for them LOL

murphy1
03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
We just picked up a copy at Target for $15.99 before running to dr. appt. I love this movie, sooo cute!

Melanie
03-18-2008, 05:14 PM
We bought it on Blu-Ray yesterday. I hope to have time to watch it today. :)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Got it today!!! I am trying to decide if I can wait for the Easter Bunny to bring it...because I really wanna watch it now. lol

IloveDisney71
03-19-2008, 08:28 AM
I just ran to Wal-mart on my way to work and picked up my copy. I hope I get a chance to watch it tonight. It is such a cute movie!

Nate's Grandpa
03-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Yes, it's true. The magazine for senior citizens reccomends this movie.

I will probably buy it the next time I am at Walmart.

lovewalt
03-21-2008, 07:10 AM
DD age 5 saw the commercial that Enchanted was now on DVD.She wished aloud that the Easter Bunny would put it in her basket this year.I think I'll hop on over to Wal-Mart while she's in Pre-School this morning.:bunny:

RedSoxFan
03-21-2008, 08:15 AM
I got it on Blu-Ray too -- can't wait to watch again. Maybe over the weekend.

offwego
03-21-2008, 10:04 AM
We saw it last night. Even DH loved it. (he thought it was going to be a "nap movie" but was glued to it)

Great fun! The songs were very good..classic Disney ala Lion King, Little Mermaid etc.

jeddalynn
03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
I was just wondering what everyone thought of the film "Enchanted' now that it's out on film. I'll confess that I thought Disney feature film was going downhill, but I saw this film and I can't get ENOUGH of it. I just adore it and I reccomend it to everyone!!

Kidsmom
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I agree...finally a Disney movie I can tell my kid-less friends to go to that they will enjoy!

DizneyFanz
03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
We just saw it on Saturday (we belong to Netflix) and I must admit, I really liked it a lot!

We also belong to the Disney Movie Club and I went on their website yesterday to see if I could purchase it through them and it wasn't available on the site yet.

Dakota Rose
03-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Okay I'll be the first to offer a contrary opinion. :thedolls: I thought it was corny. I liked some parts. Great movie for little girls/young girls, but too corny for me. I was hoping it would be like "Ever After" but no such luck. Just my :twocents:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-24-2008, 11:11 PM
I adore it! Cutest movie I have seen in a long time. Saw it 3 times in the theater with my little one, and we have watched it AT LEAST once a day since Tuesday (she loves it, I love it, I can't help it!!! lol). We even watched it with my mother and step-father the other night and my mom, who is the naysayer of all things Disney (I had a rough childhood) and 99% of all movies that come out, enjoyed it and wanted to watch it again!!!! So I was super happy.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
During the cartoon part, the prince she makes doesn't have the clothes that Prince Edward wears... but fast forward to the ball, and the outfit Robert is wearing looks exactly like what Giselle "dreamed" about and he has blue eyes... am I just terribly slow in not realizing this sooner? lol I think it is a very cute little touch that kinda brings the story together even more. Like, she had this idea it was supposed to be a prince, but really, her meeting Robert was supposed to happen... yah know?

IloveDisney71
03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch the movie since I bought it the other day. I can't wait to watch it and look for this. I didn't notice it before. Thanks for the tip!

LibertyTreeGal
03-25-2008, 11:56 PM
During the cartoon part, the prince she makes doesn't have the clothes that Prince Edward wears... but fast forward to the ball, and the outfit Robert is wearing looks exactly like what Giselle "dreamed" about and he has blue eyes... am I just terribly slow in not realizing this sooner? lol I think it is a very cute little touch that kinda brings the story together even more. Like, she had this idea it was supposed to be a prince, but really, her meeting Robert was supposed to happen... yah know?

I don't know if you were slow or not but I noticed it on the second viewing. After all, she did wish for "Happily ever after" at that well and not necessarily to be with Edward so she did get her wish.

On an aside, much of the dance choreography was taken from Beauty and the Beast and his outfit looked very much like the Beast's.

I love this movie more and more everytime i see it.... *sigh*

murphy1
03-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Oh, Gosh, I am such a freak, I cry right at the end when they play that song and end it. Anyone prefer Edward over Dempsey? :blush:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Anyone prefer Edward over Dempsey? :blush:

Oh jeez, NO!! :cloud9: I love Patrick Dempsey.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Oh, Gosh, I am such a freak, I cry right at the end when they play that song and end it. Anyone prefer Edward over Dempsey? :blush:

both please??? lol

I love McDreamy and his general hotness (how fitting that the whole thing was "dreams come true/happily ever after" and that is his nickname...funny) but Jimmy is equally yummy. He is just so funny and he did such a great job in the role "thank-you for taking care of my bride, peasants." perfect. So I can't pick... I want them both.

And you aren't a freak--I cry too. And we watch it every day. (And how is this for obsessive: we have the soundtrack and listen to it everyday in the car coming home from school, and my daughter now knows all the cues to the instrumental parts on the soundtrack -- "this is when Pip comes up the hole" or "this is when she turns into a dragon" etc. Makes this former band nerd proud...lol)

Melanie
03-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Anyone prefer Edward over Dempsey? :blush:

By a mile! :yes:

LibertyTreeGal
03-28-2008, 12:38 AM

I am crying now just thinking about it.

Dempsey totally, but I'd rather have Cyclops (Edward's alter ego) over Wolverine ;)

DakotaDisney
03-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I just finished watching it for the first time.

Great movie!!!

Good casting.

Amy Adams was absolutely perfect in that role.

I can't stop singing, humming etc. "How will she know". Cute song! When I first heard the song and saw the performance of it on the Oscars I thought it was a horrible song, but when I saw it done in the movie I loved it!

LibertyTreeGal
03-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I can't stop singing, humming etc. "How will she know". Cute song! When I first heard the song and saw the performance of it on the Oscars I thought it was a horrible song, but when I saw it done in the movie I loved it!

it was beyond horrible at the oscars and I will never understand why they didn't have her sing both songs.

If she didn't feel she could do both, then why not get someone like Jodi Benson or Paige O'Hara???

The song itself just isn't anything special without Giselle!!!

DakotaDisney
03-31-2008, 12:42 AM
it was beyond horrible at the oscars and I will never understand why they didn't have her sing both songs.

If she didn't feel she could do both, then why not get someone like Jodi Benson or Paige O'Hara???

The song itself just isn't anything special without Giselle!!!

I agree and I like Kristin Cheneworth. (?spelling?) I like everything else she has done, I just didn't like that performance of the song

I didn't see Amy Adams performance at the Oscars, but I found it on Youtube the other day and she did a good job. But I thought it was strange and to bad that they didn't have any dancers or anything with her while she performed.

NewmanFamily6
05-31-2008, 07:49 PM
The children and I just watched Enchanted for the first time. I absolutely loved it:mickey: What a great movie from Disney.

gerald72
05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey, we are watching that right now! Mine like it, too.