PDA

View Full Version : Visit a DVC before I purchase?

incredimellos
07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
My husband and I are planning to go down in Nov, with the kids. We have been seriously thinking of purchasing a DVC membership. Some friends have been saying its not worth it, but we visit every other year, and I soooo think it would be worth it. Any comments? They look absolutely beautiful online. I would really like to visit one in person if at all possible, before we buy. Does anyone know if they will let me do this????:cloud9:

Horizon93
07-12-2007, 02:24 PM
When you go down, take the tour. DVC will pick you up and return you to your resort or one of the parks. On the tour, you will get all of the information, see Saratoga Springs, and see model rooms for Saratoga and Animal Kingdom Villas. There is no pressure on the tour and you will leave with all of the information you need to make a sound decision.

Also, while you are there, you can visit the model rooms at the Boardwalk to see another style of accomodations.

The rooms are as beautiful as they appear online!

Maleficent's Dad
07-12-2007, 03:49 PM
And if you take the tour, they will usually give you some free ice cream and sometimes, fastpasses as well! :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Or...You can be like us and join without ever stepping foot on a DVC property. :blush:

We had been debating the possiblilty for years and finally decided to just do it back in January.

We will be staying at SSR in September for our first trip home. It will be the first time we see it.

I would go and enjoy the tour. I have heard from others that it is fun. Good luck with your decision!

Here we go again...
07-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I went on a quick tour in November last year but my DH was not able to go.
I was able to convince hime to buy in just on the pictures and paperwork I showed him

We stayed at SSR for the first time over 4th of July week. We loved it!! The resort is beautiful and being on the golf course is an added bonus for my DH. While we were there, we went together so he could see all of the rooms available and the Animal Kindom rooms they had set up. He was so impressed that all doubt was removed from his mind. We are even considering buying more points!

incredimellos
07-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I will be able to go to other DVC resorts and visit the models there also? I didn't know I could. We were thinking a resale OKW. Thanks again.

FiggyFan
07-14-2007, 08:04 AM
I don't think all of the DVC resorts have models. Since it is a relatively high traffic area, DVC kept a few of the model rooms at BWV open (the preview center was at BWV before they started SSR).

To get to the models from the BW lobby, go down the stairs and out onto the boardwalk. Turn left and walk the boards towards the dance hall and piano bar. You will see the models at the end of BWV near the piano bar. You may want to call ahead to make sure the models are open.

crazykids
07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
We are 99% sure we are purchasing into DVC on our next trip, but my DH (engineer) is very thorough. We have rented some points to stay in a villa for our last two nights so he could experience it first hand before we sign the papers.

DawnSS
07-24-2007, 12:07 AM
We are 99% sure we are purchasing into DVC on our next trip, but my DH (engineer) is very thorough. We have rented some points to stay in a villa for our last two nights so he could experience it first hand before we sign the papers.

LOL! Mine too (engineer)! We are staying at the BWV (in 10 days...due to AKL relocation) and I want to approach the DVC subject with my dh and do the tour while we are there. I can just see it now...spreadsheets will be made, calculations to be had, etc.! Very thorough, definitely!

sly1
07-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Definitely take the tour while you are there. We did while there a couple of months ago. We were considering buying and stayed the week at Saratoga. We are not real crazy about Saratoga. Its a beautiful property but we are not interested in golf so that is not a draw and we just don't really like the location. I can't really put my finger on it but there is something we just didn't really like about Saratoga. It may be the lack of theming or the location. On the tour we saw the Animal Kingdom Villa models (they are at Saratoga). We like the themed style and we went over to AKL to check it out. Its really nice and we like the restaurants there. Still not real wild about the location. I guess we are spoiled because we stayed at the yacht club and board walk a few times and they are so convenient. The other problem is the new villa buildings at Animal Kingdom have not even been started yet. Having an engineering background and owning my own businesses; I'm not about to buy anything that I can't personally inspect and put my hands on. Who knows there may be construction delays and it could be years before its completed. We've decided to just wait until its completed or something better comes along. We are just not real excited about what they are offering right now.

JANNINO
07-25-2007, 02:18 PM
We are going to be in Orlando in November on a preview visit of Marriott's Grande Vista but I'd like to tour OKW and SSR. Does anyone know who to contact to set up a tour? I know there are plenty of DVC kisoks all over WDW but I'd like to set something up in advance.