PDA

View Full Version : AP discounts

squijee
07-12-2007, 12:41 PM
If you have an ap does disney notify you by email or some way if discounts for rooms are coming out...or do you have to check the website....

campdisney
07-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Some years with our APs, I've gotten post cards or emails with special rates/discounts on them. Other years I haven't. I don't know if I checked the wrong preference box somewhere along the line or what, but I know my sister (also an AP holder) has gotten offers I didn't and vice versa.

Anyway, it never hurts to check online for AP discounts. The WDW website, Intercot & many of the other popular Disney vacation planning sites will post the AP discounts as soon as they are announced so its pretty easy information to get when online.

squijee
07-12-2007, 01:20 PM
i never get those special discount cards or anything...just not among the lucky ones i guess:(

disneymom15
07-12-2007, 02:07 PM
We were never notified of any discounts. I always get my info from this great site.

KylesMom
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
We've been A/P holders for years, and have never received notification of any kind. I am registered with Disney under almost everything you can think of for e-mail updates, including the A/P site.

As the website is fairly slow to update "specials", I used to call the main Disney # and ask the CMs each day if A/P rates had been released for our chosen resort. The only problem is that A/P rates aren't released nearly as frequent any more, and it really got to be a chore to call every day around the time period that A/P rates are "supposed" to be announced. However, this was the only way I could ensure getting in on the "deals" because A/P rates usually go REAL fast. Even though Intercot posts them almost immediately, it may be too late to get what you want.

Two trips ago we began utilizing Magical Journeys so I wouldn't have to be calling every day! They booked us with a AAA rate to begin with, then if A/P rates were released for our resort during our travel dates, they would promptly apply the new discount to our trip.

SurferStitch
07-13-2007, 06:33 AM
We've been A/P holders for years, and have never received notification of any kind. I am registered with Disney under almost everything you can think of for e-mail updates, including the A/P site.

Two trips ago we began utilizing Magical Journeys so I wouldn't have to be calling every day! They booked us with a AAA rate to begin with, then if A/P rates were released for our resort during our travel dates, they would promptly apply the new discount to our trip.

We were also passholders at one time, and are registered out the wazoo, and we also have never received ANY deals.

We are doing the same thing with MJ for this trip. Melissa booked the Poly with the AAA discount, and will apply the AP discount if it becomes available. I would never want to try to get the discounts myself....MJ is a godsend. :thumbsup:

squijee
07-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info...we are getting ap for the first time in oct....i have alerted debbie at mj to be on the lookout for ap special rates...we don't have children and can go anytime...:mickey: