PDA

View Full Version : Disney Calling

MOJoe
07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
As many of you know, my family had a great trip in June. We met the Dream Team twice in Epcot. So, a couple of weeks ago i sent an e-mail to Disney, thanking them for the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion. I told them how magical it felt to meet the Dream Team and that winning something was a nice enhancement to our vacation. Well yesterday the phone rings. The caller i.d. reads Disney MGM! They asked for me and thanked me for taking the time to write. "So you are thanking me for thanking you?" "Well, yes." Anyway, i told the caller what a great promotion i thought the YoaMD is, and that Disney management should know. She said that she would pass the word along.
How cool is that?!!
Just thought you guys would appreciate the thoughtful touch Disney has these days.

January-2007
07-12-2007, 12:46 PM
How cool!! :mickey:

Lizzie
07-12-2007, 12:47 PM
So funny. How fun to have that pop up on your caller ID.

Donald
07-12-2007, 12:55 PM
That's awesome! Disney Magic!!!:mickey:

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-13-2007, 12:33 AM
I had something kind of similar happen. I had called Disney to talk to them about something, and while chatting with the CM waiting for the computer to catch up with us, we got on the topic of my ankle surgery which I'd just had about a week before. She wished me well, helped me out with what I was calling for and told me to have a great day and get better. Less than 24 hours later, I got a "Get Better, see ya real soon" Disney e-card delivered to my e-mail address! :mickey: It was so sweet, I cried.

That was the moment that my boyfriend started to understand what Disney Magic really meant.

realtreebar
07-13-2007, 12:39 AM
cool!!

Bethanymouse
07-13-2007, 12:51 AM
:thumbsup:That is great news. It is nice to hear that people are thankful for their dreams being granted and that Disney is taking those thank yous seriously! Thanks for letting us know~

faline
07-13-2007, 10:03 AM
:thumbsup:all around!

T-Belle
07-13-2007, 10:50 AM
So cool!!!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:05 AM
:waycool:

Ms.Disney
07-15-2007, 09:44 AM
It's nice to know there are still good people out there! Just adds to the Disney magic :mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 10:00 AM
A few months ago (BEFORE I even decided to go to WDW again) I saw an article on CNN.com about them opening up the Fantasy weddings to gay couples. I am totally straight but am all for gay rights. I sent an email to Disney saying that I could only dream about a Fantasy wedding but I thought it was great that they offer this service. They called me (it just came up a 407 area code number) thanking me for the thoughtful email. I was completely amazed that not only did they read my letter but called me to thank me for my kind words. It put a happy little smile on my face:).

PoohGirls2
07-15-2007, 11:08 PM
:thumbsup: Isn't it nice to know that your letter actually got read. In this day and age when customer service means so little to most, at least Disney reads their mail and acknowledges that they have done so.

Mickey91
07-16-2007, 12:31 AM
On a similar note, I called to change ressies for BBB from DTD to the castle. At the time, I just switched locations. In the middle of the CM switching, I realized that the castle location would have an earlier start time. I asked to make it earlier. No Problem. Through all this, at one point I actually had three ressies. Somehow, one of the extras did not come off. About a week or two later, a call came from Disney World. It was the same CM, calling to confirm which of the two ressies to cancel. She was sooo nice and upbeat and it really made my day that she wanted to make sure she had the right location and time on a reservation that was made a week or so back! There are still awesome CMs out there!:mickey: