PDA

View Full Version : What will Disney do when contracts are up?

Aurora
07-12-2007, 11:19 AM
What do you think Disney will do when the contracts on DVC clubs expire on the older resorts? Do you think they will revamp them and resell with new contracts? Do you think they'll convert them to regular hotel rooms? Or demolish the resorts and build whole new ones?

They must have some kind of long-term plan. And it doesn't look like they're going to stop building new DVC resorts, so I'm wondering what the strategy is looking forward.

lockedoutlogic
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
The first contracts are up in 35 years.....

I don't think this is a front burner kind of issue....

But they will give a re-up options to those who want it...and then sell new contracts when those who don't want to rejoin have their contracts expire.

Or the world may be totally different when we get to that point.....I haven't ruled out the possibility that Florida will be underwater by then.

DVC2004
07-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Currently there are no plans in place and it will revert back to Disney. Personally it's not a concern. My contract ends in 2054- I'll be 78, DH will be 82 and our boys will be 57 and 55. We'll have gotten more than our money's worth.

Horizon93
07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I'll be 98 in 2057 when my AKV contract expires so I hope that it doesn't cost me too much to renew!

MaizeNBrew
07-13-2007, 02:03 AM
What will be more intersting is what is the state of DVC when OKW, BWV, BCV, and VWL are in the last remaining years at the same time. Leased timeshares historically have had very rough times with membership fees and the like leading up to it. Obviously I'm not too concerned with it or we wouldn't have purchased.

When OKW is about 30 years old, it will be intersting to see what happens with the dues when building tends to have to get a good workover. I haven't paid ANY attention to see what's in reserve for that stuff to happen.

Another interesting thing, if there aren't extensions, will be with 2 years left, how the banking/borrowing scenario will play out, DVC has the authority to limit such things based on invetories.

Overall, I would imagine a legacy program where you can extend the contracts, and probably even have a Disney Will drawn up to leave them to whom you want.

GAN
07-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Or the world may be totally different when we get to that point.....I haven't ruled out the possibility that Florida will be underwater by then.

Of course you know that the end of the world will occur towards the last part of 2012. Technically, we only have 5 good years left. Hope everyone borrows those 2012 points in 2011.

lockedoutlogic
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I've heard about 2012...we're going concierge collection in 2011...