PDA

View Full Version : Deep South Meet

MsMin
07-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Several of us have been talking about having a get together for ALL of us down in the gulf coast and or Southern region. I am posting here in hopes for input.
Sgt. Tigger, his wife and Here We Go Again.... have discussed places and that we hope would suit many. We talked bout having it @ Sgt.Tigger's so hopefully it would be in between for many....
Any thoughts????

1EeyoreFan
07-13-2007, 09:08 AM
I would be interested in a meet up like this. Let me know if I can be of any help.

SgtTigger
07-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo that makes one....... now lets get the ball rolling..........

:cop: :tigger:

Piglet822
07-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Depending on when I would be interested. Just have to convince DH that he really does want to drive to LA :D

Bret, are there any fish in your pool? Fish have eyes you know.

SgtTigger
07-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Bret, are there any fish in your pool? Fish have eyes you know.

No Fish but for you I will get fish..... the ones with BIG eyes....... :eyes:

Here we go again...
07-15-2007, 05:30 PM
I will be there!!
Just name the time and place.

Bret and fire scares me.... do you really think we should let him near the grill? :fireman:

Hey Jeanne...
I have a great fish eye casserole just in case you plan to come!
:trio:

Piglet822
07-15-2007, 06:39 PM
No Fish but for you I will get fish..... the ones with BIG eyes....... :eyes:

I like the fish with big eyes :D I had one when I was a kid. I called him Bubble Eyes :D

I will be there!!
Just name the time and place.

Bret and fire scares me.... do you really think we should let him near the grill? :fireman:

I'll bring the fire extinguisher. :fireman:

Hey Jeanne...
I have a great fish eye casserole just in case you plan to come!
:trio:

:eek:

SgtTigger
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM

That is because you have never had my BBQ.......

I have a great reputation for BBQ.........

Piglet822
07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
That is because you have never had my BBQ.......

I have a great reputation for BBQ.........

Note to self:

Check with the Chalmette FD to see how many times they've been called to the SgtTigger residence.............:rolleyes:

Here we go again...
07-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Note to self:

Check with the Chalmette FD to see how many times they've been called to the SgtTigger residence.............:rolleyes:

Remember, he has moved... they may not have accurate information on this new address.
;)

Piglet822
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Remember, he has moved... they may not have accurate information on this new address.
;)

I believe his information has been compiled into a statewide database :D

We love you, Bret :angel:

SgtTigger
07-18-2007, 06:39 PM

:fresh:

I believe his information has been compiled into a statewide database :D

We love you, Bret

OK lets just remember I will be the one cooking......................
Do you really want to cook mad at you????????????????????????????????? :angry:

MsMin
07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Maybe we should make it "bring a dish" and fire extinguisher :D
HMMMMMMM...... I seem to remember a certain story about a fire..... :flame::blush:

SgtTigger
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Maybe we should make it "bring a dish" and fire extinguisher :D
HMMMMMMM...... I seem to remember a certain story about a fire..... :flame::blush:

Beth you know that was a generator.................... not a BBQ pit........

Besides if someone would not have keep telling to not to do anything stupid every day I would not have gotten into that problem........

MsMin
07-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Bret it's more fun to tease you than to say you make the best ribs on intercot! I hear they are wonderful.....
We need to start throwing out some dates....

KAJUNKING
07-19-2007, 03:26 PM
i would love to try and make it, and chalmette is only 20 to 30 minutes from me :thumbsup:

daparish
07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Count me in!!!!!!! This is so exciting.........

wdwgrl377
07-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Count me in too!!! YAY!! How exciting!! I will be there!! Just let me know the date and time!!

I heard from a certain someone, on the Intercot boards this past weekend, that Bret has some very, very nice furniture!! I'm anxious to see it in person!! she gave me all the details when she was showing me her wedding pictures!! :D

This is going to be so much fun!!!

wdwgrl377
07-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh Jeanne that would be so cool if you did convince your DH to come to LA!!! I miss you!

I'll be back in WDW in early December again this year. I want to go and see 'your' tree....this time w/out any hassles at the gate like we did last time.......remember?!?! hahaha!!

Anyhow, this is gonna be a really great meet!! Looking forward to it!! :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
07-20-2007, 02:00 AM
How about the weekend of August 11th?
That gives everyone a couple of weeks to think about it.

I think we should all bring a dish so they do not have too much to do.... except Bret. We need to keep him busy.;)

wdwgrl377
07-20-2007, 12:12 PM
That weekend to me sounds good. I don't mind bringing something either to help out!! :thumbsup:

Keep us posted!! :mickey:

MsMin
07-20-2007, 02:46 PM
The 11th is perfect for me b/c the girls want to go on a brief trip to Fla before school starts and one can't do it the 11th so that makes me available.

daparish
07-20-2007, 03:32 PM
I should also be able to make it. My new niece is due that week but hopefully she makes an early appearance.

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 05:54 PM
OK so August 11th looks good to everyone so far right????

Lets see check list.....

BBQ pit
Gas for Pit....
Noodles for pool....
Beachball for pool.....
Net for beachball.....
Speedo check............

ok looks good for us.............

Remember the pool will be open.......

Piglet822
07-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I'll check the calendar and the finances.

Bret, any hotels nearby that you can recommend? I'll probably be coming solo.

ibrowse17
07-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Did someone say ribs?? Would love to be there, but school will have already started for us. Both of us teach and with me coaching and DW working with the cheerleaders, our weekends are full. Have a great time and toast all of us that could not be there:thumbsup:

MsMin
07-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Did someone say ribs?? Would love to be there, but school will have already started for us. Both of us teach and with me coaching and DW working with the cheerleaders, our weekends are full. Have a great time and toast all of us that could not be there:thumbsup:

I do feel like I know you already. We lived in Mobile in 1993-94. My kids went to Corpus Christi off Airport. My brother lives there so I'm in Mobile a lot esp passing through to WDW and Orange Beach. My brother complains b/c I don't always stop but so often it's either real late coming back from WDW or real early if we leave here before dawn.
Wish you could come but maybe this will be the first of many.

Here we go again...
07-20-2007, 10:02 PM
OK so August 11th looks good to everyone so far right????

Lets see check list.....

Speedo check............

Remember the pool will be open.......

NO!!!!!!!:eek::eek::funny:

MsMin
07-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Anyone want to throw out some more dates? I'm getting some feedback from some who can't make it then. I know it's hard to get everyone free at once. Just keeping everyone informed!

Donalds Duckie
07-21-2007, 08:46 AM
I'll check the calendar and the finances.

Bret, any hotels nearby that you can recommend? I'll probably be coming solo.

Ditto the nearby hotel question.

Also, how far are y'all from New Orleans? I'd have to go Sat and return Sun so catching a quick easy hop on ExpressJet from Austin to New Orleans and getting a rental car might be easier than driving.

SgtTigger
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Ditto the nearby hotel question.

Also, how far are y'all from New Orleans? I'd have to go Sat and return Sun so catching a quick easy hop on ExpressJet from Austin to New Orleans and getting a rental car might be easier than driving.

Hotels I will work on..

We are right next to New Orleans... abut 10-15 minute ride...... from dowtown....

Donalds Duckie
07-21-2007, 04:12 PM
That's perfect! I'm going to check out ExpressJet for Aug 11-12 and hotels. It might be fun for those traveling to the meet to stay at the same one or two hotels. :mickey:

If I stayed downtown, do you suppose it would be less expensive to take a cab then to get a rental car?

SgtTigger
07-26-2007, 07:12 PM
August 11th

That looks like the date..........

Ok roll call who's coming?????

Donalds Duckie
07-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Sadly, I won't be able to make this one.:( No matter how I tried, I just couldn't fit it in my budget since I'll be going to WDW Aug. 31-Sept. 4. :mickey:

Y'all have a great time! Enjoy that BBQ.

Here we go again...
07-27-2007, 12:13 AM
August 11th

That looks like the date..........

Ok roll call who's coming?????

Bobby and I will be there. I am going to see if my oldest daughter (shannon) wants to come for the day with Taylor. I will let you know for sure this week.

Bret,
Let us know what we need to bring. I will have a dessert... a birthday cake for Bobby :D

MsMin
07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Count me in...
I am planning on staying near the convention center. I don't mind helping if I can pick up someone @ the airport or help bring them to the meet so you don't have to rent a car!
:minnie:

Tink-N-Me
07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I wanna come! I'm just on the other side of the river from Chalmette. I'm not afraid to ride the ferry and cross over into God's Country.:thumbsup:

Piglet822
07-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm going to do my best to make it, I've been checking SW for fares.
Bret, there's a good chance I'll have a friend from work with me. I'll let you know.

Here we go again...
07-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Jeanne,
You have a friend???? :fresh: Does your husband know??
If you (and your friend) need a ride from the airport, let me know. I will be happy to pick you up. Where will you be staying? We will have the room to carpool with you. I will be staying down town. Let me know.
Angel

Here we go again...
07-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Count me in...
I am planning on staying near the convention center. I don't mind helping if I can pick up someone @ the airport or help bring them to the meet so you don't have to rent a car!

Beth,
Where are you staying? I am trying to decide... looks like it might be the Hilton.

SgtTigger
08-02-2007, 07:53 PM
OK aug. 11th at 11:00 am.........

Anyone who needs directions PM me and I will get them to you.......

Let me know if you are comming if you have not yet told me............

I cant wait......

wdwgrl377
08-04-2007, 12:03 AM
My plans have changed and I WILL be able to make it to the meet!!! HOORAY!!! :number1:

Jeanne I hope you will be able to make it for the meet!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to find a good airfare over here. If you need anything while you're here please let me know!!

Also, if there is a list that someone has started of items that need to be brought feel free to PM me and let me know. I'm willing to help out and want to bring something.

See everyone real soon!! :mickey:

MsMin
08-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Monica, I'm so glad you can make it.
Why don't we start a list and just say what you would like to bring and those reading can get something different. Those flying in I don't expect you to bring a dish on a plane. Feel free to consider the trip there enough. If anyone does have trouble bringing something a distance and still wants to bring something there is alway coke or chips....

Here we go again...
08-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Beth, where are you staying?

We are bringing a cake since it is Bobby's birthday.

Bret, What are you planning to cook? Let us know what you have so we can plan around you.

Just 1 more week!!

I can't wait to meet you guys!

MsMin
08-04-2007, 01:58 AM
My family has a 1brm condo near the convention center. I'll be there. It's close to tchoupitoulas and poeyfarre streets. Again if anyone needs a ride from the airport I'll be passing MSY on my way in from BR.

1EeyoreFan
08-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I wish I could join you. Sounds like a lot of fun. However, with an upcoming trip to DW starting Sept. 9, we need to conserve our funds. I hope you all have a great time and maybe I can make the next one.

Stephanie

Piglet822
08-04-2007, 04:06 PM
My plans have changed and I WILL be able to make it to the meet!!! HOORAY!!! :number1:

Jeanne I hope you will be able to make it for the meet!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to find a good airfare over here. If you need anything while you're here please let me know!!

Also, if there is a list that someone has started of items that need to be brought feel free to PM me and let me know. I'm willing to help out and want to bring something.

See everyone real soon!! :mickey:

Monica, I'll be there and I look forward to seeing everyone :)

Dr_Nigel_C
08-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Well, Jamie, Nigel Jr. and I will be there!!

I've got the fire department on speed dial, and hopefully the power won't go out (be sure to ask Monica about that, ok?).

:mickey:

Hey Bret, Let us know what we can bring!

Oh hey, almost forgot...if anybody needs help finding a hotel, please let me know, ok? I only work for an online hotel reservation system and all..

:)

MickeysGirl
08-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow! I had no idea this thread existed! haha

Just got done reading everyone's posts. I was going to make my world famous chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Bret, you know we're traveling quite the distance, is it the end of the world if we arrive a bit early? If you'd rather have people later rather than earlier, just say the word and we'll leave later! :-)

We'll have me, Rob and Aaron with us this trip.

It will be good to visit with those we've already met and we can't wait to meet everyone else!

Oh and for anyone interested, we'll be bringing the wedding pictures! :bride: :groom:

daparish
08-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I am so sorry I will not be able to make it. My nephew will be spending the weekend with me and dh (I thought it was the following weekend). He is in the airforce and will be leaving for Alaska where he will now be stationed for the next 4 years. I can't wait to read all about it and I hope everyone has a great time.

Piglet822
08-05-2007, 01:48 PM
I am so sorry I will not be able to make it. My nephew will be spending the weekend with me and dh (I thought it was the following weekend). He is in the airforce and will be leaving for Alaska where he will now be stationed for the next 4 years. I can't wait to read all about it and I hope everyone has a great time.

I'm so sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to finally meeting you :)

Any chance of bringing your nephew with you? We won't scare him, I promise!!

SgtTigger
08-06-2007, 08:28 PM
We are bringing a cake since it is Bobby's birthday.

Bret, What are you planning to cook? Let us know what you have so we can plan around you.

look below I have a list.......

Wow! I had no idea this thread existed! haha

Just got done reading everyone's posts. I was going to make my world famous chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Bret, you know we're traveling quite the distance, is it the end of the world if we arrive a bit early? If you'd rather have people later rather than earlier, just say the word and we'll leave later! :-)

Jamie you can come when ever you like I do have to go get Jeane from the airport in the morning so let me know around what time so I know we will be here or not......

sorry everyone we went out of town this weekend.......... no computer....

the list is

Ok here is what sherrie and I have already....

we have
Ice
plates
napkins
plastic utensils
hamburgers
pork ribs
sausage
pork-n-beans

If some one would like to bring
potato salad
hamburgers bunns
drinks
snack items like chips and such
or any thing else you could think of......

let us know........... we cant wait for everyone to come.....

Here we go again...
08-07-2007, 08:46 AM
look below I have a list.......

Jamie you can come when ever you like I do have to go get Jeane from the airport in the morning so let me know around what time so I know we will be here or not......

sorry everyone we went out of town this weekend.......... no computer....

the list is

Ok here is what sherrie and I have already....

we have
Ice
plates
napkins
plastic utensils
hamburgers
pork ribs
sausage
pork-n-beans

If some one would like to bring
potato salad
hamburgers bunns
drinks
or any thing else you could think of......

let us know........... we cant wait for everyone to come.....

Since I will be in New Orleans Friday night too (Saints game) I can't make the potato salad.

I will bring chips and dips too.

MsMin
08-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Ok-- I'll make the potato salad. Is that the walmart kind? :D
Angel does that recipe have fresh garlic? I'll put it in an ice chest.
Anyone have any preferences on how they like it?

daparish
08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm so sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to finally meeting you :)

Any chance of bringing your nephew with you? We won't scare him, I promise!!

Aww.....I really wish I could make it. We are having a going away party at my mom's. Maybe if it ends early enough I can stop by if not you guys have a great time. I really can't wait to hear all about it.

SgtTigger
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM

Ok sherrie told me to tell you it needs
Fresh Garlic
and Fresh Parsley.......
anything else you are growing......

I guess you will need to tell this story at the meet..... that way I will know what that is about....................

OK so this is being brought

potato salad

here is what is left...

hamburgers bunns
drinks

or anything else you can think of........

Here we go again...
08-07-2007, 08:41 PM

Isn't the Walmart kind the only kind there is???

If you need my garlic POWDER I will bring it with me. :D

MickeysGirl
08-08-2007, 03:11 PM
How many burger buns you looking for Bret? I have to stop at the store to go to the bank on the way home. I can pick up buns while I'm there. Or I can have Rob and Aaron go tomorrow afternoon.

Let me know, OK? :) We'll try not to crush them on the way in! hehehe

MsMin
08-08-2007, 10:59 PM
How many burger buns you looking for Bret? I have to stop at the store to go to the bank on the way home. I can pick up buns while I'm there. Or I can have Rob and Aaron go tomorrow afternoon.

Let me know, OK? :) We'll try not to crush them on the way in! hehehe

If you sit on them we can make bread pudding out of them :D I know Angel is bringing cake but that makes me think of Bread pudding yummmm --

SgtTigger
08-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Funny you should mention bread pudding because last night sherrie mentioned maybe making bread pudding for the meet....... but the recipe was lost in the storm.......
soooooo anyone have a good recipe??????? and we need a rum sauce recipe????? JAMIE??????

OK so Jamie is getting the buns...... and not sitting on them......... :D

that leaves drinks and I am going to check with Jeanne on that I might pick them up and see if she just wants to pay me later.... Ill call her tomorrow...........

OK so this is kind of late because we needed to get the grass in the back yard before the meet.... so that is down and on to the last minute tasks sherrie has for me..........

cant wait..........

Piglet822
08-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Bret, I believe Beth is picking me up at the airport, we'll stop on the way to your place. Just let me know how much of what to pick up.
If noone has a preference it'll be Pepsi products :D

MsMin
08-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Bret a rum sauce always comes out great with "FRESH" rum. Do you like the buttery- sugar kind or pudding kind?
I must be hungry.... and yes, I won't let Jeanne buy Pepsi :sick: What is this BYOC?

SgtTigger
08-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Bret a rum sauce always comes out great with "FRESH" rum. Do you like the buttery- sugar kind or pudding kind?
I must be hungry.... and yes, I won't let Jeanne buy Pepsi :sick: What is this BYOC?

OK what is fresh rum?????

you make it your self??????

I think they have laws against that........

I talked to Jeanne and I will pick up the drinks for her..... Ill get what she likes and you know I have to get Cokes..... must be a north thing.. remember she is from NEW YORK CITY............ Some one get a rope....... :rotfl:

sherrie said the buttery- sugar kind........

MickeysGirl
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Pepsi... what the heck is that stuff? :eek:

Bret, can we be totally picky and can we have a two liter of Cherry Coke Zero, please? :tasty:

And hate to say it, I can acquire Rum, but know nothing about rum sauce. Sorry!

I had Rob get the buns on the way home tonight. You'll be happy to know that I'm training my Floridian well, he bought Bunny Bread Hamburger Buns!! :eat:

Here we go again...
08-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Pepsi... what the heck is that stuff? :eek:

Bret, can we be totally picky and can we have a two liter of Cherry Coke Zero, please? :tasty:

:eat:
I will help you drink that! I love Cherry Coke!

Hey Bret, since you are planning to wear your Speedo I figure I will bring my thong bikini and we can take a picture for Intercot. :funny::funny::funny:

SgtTigger
08-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I had Rob get the buns on the way home tonight. You'll be happy to know that I'm training my Floridian well, he bought Bunny Bread Hamburger Buns!! :eat:

Wait the have other kinds of bread other than Bunny??????

Ill be glad to tell you a story about Bunny Bread at the meet if you remind me......

Hey Bret, since you are planning to wear your Speedo I figure I will bring my thong bikini and we can take a picture for Intercot.

I think you are in for a suprise.......

Piglet822
08-10-2007, 08:18 PM
[COLOR="Green"]........

I talked to Jeanne and I will pick up the drinks for her..... Ill get what she likes and you know I have to get Cokes..... must be a north thing.. remember she is from NEW YORK CITY............ Some one get a rope....... :rotfl:

Ok, I'm not from NYC, I'm from Rockland County which is 32 miles NW of the city. :razz: But, maybe Pepsi is a north thing. I drink it because it's the only thing I've been drinking since I was a lovestruck teenager of 16 years of age who had a crush on the guy that delivered Pepsi to my high school :blush:

Hey Bret, since you are planning to wear your Speedo I figure I will bring my thong bikini and we can take a picture for Intercot. :funny::funny::funny:

:eek: :faint:

MsMin
08-10-2007, 10:14 PM
3/4 c. sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. water
2 tsp. rum flavoring
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. butter
Combine first 4 ingredients; cook, then add last 2 ingredients. Pour over baked bread pudding.
If you don't have cornstarch you can beat an egg in the sugar to thicken it but beat the egg in before cooking it. The longer you cook the rum the less potent it will be:D
Emmm. Bunny Bread is there any other kind?
Bathing suits :eek:

BronxTigger
08-11-2007, 08:49 AM
So today is your big day! Have a great time all you deep-south people!

SgtTigger
08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, it is Sunday at 5:30 and the meet is officially over............ :cry:

The last folks just left Beth and Jeanne..... Sherrie and I had a great time.

Thanks to everyone who came....... to those who did not come you must make the next Deep South Meet.............. Come on it lasted almost 2 full days...... We had BBQ and talked and cut up and then today we went to eat lunch in the French Quarter and walked and walked to get to Pat O Briens...... then we went off our separate ways........ that was the sad part.... Jeanie and Beth came back to the house to get there stuff and then they were off too.........
I cant wait till the next one..... lets get planning......

Oh yea no fires...............
:fireman:

Donalds Duckie
08-12-2007, 06:51 PM
I am SO sad that I had to miss this Deep South meet but I'm certainly hoping that y'all plan another one soon! I thought of y'all throughout the weekend knowing y'all were having a truly magical time.

So, when does the planning for Deep South Meet II begin?:mickey:

Dr_Nigel_C
08-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Yup, Deep South Meet I (tm) was a blast!!!

:D

We really had an awesome time, and it was great to see Bret and Sherrie again -- their hospitality is second-to-none.

For Jamie, Nigel Jr. and I, the plan was to arrive early to the meet and help out. Unfortunately, we mis-judged the amount of time it would take to get there, and ended up about a half-hour late. :-(

But, we had an awesome time hanging out with everyone. Food was great -- Bret sure does know how to use that grill!! We sat around for hours, just talking and laughing, sharing stories etc. Nigel Jr. and I even hit the pool for a bit -- it was a very hot day!!

Jamie and I had a family party to go to later that evening -- an 80th birthday bash that we were going to dress up for. Well, due to a "Wardrobe Malfunction" (i.e.: I left some of her clothes back in Florida :blush: ), we decided to skip the party and keep hanging out with the gang!

So...Bret and Sherrie were kind enough to put us up for the night. We're just lucky there was enough room since Jeanne and Beth were already staying the night there. :)

After a good night's sleep, we got up, rustled up some breakfast, and hung out some more.

As Bret mentioned, we headed to the French Quarter to eat lunch, then walked around and found Pat O'Briens and made sure to have a Hurricane to drink.

Yup, heading out was sad, but we know we'll see everyone again soon!

MsMin
08-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks Bret and Sherrie for hosting the event. It was wonderful.
Jamie, Rob and Nigel jr ;) So glad you made it home safe and it was great meeting you. Jamie didn't you say something about a recipe???
Angel and Bobby- hope you had a wonderful time in the FQ and Angel take care of that new knee. emmm I'm still thinking about that chocolate cake :cake: As always great to see you both again and Happy Birthday Bobby.
Jeanne, I promise you will never hear me complaining about a DME arriving late at the airport:blush: I'm so glad I got to meet you- it was great fun.
To all who couldn't make it- missed you and we do plan to do it again. Sorry you couldn't make it, especially Monica who was in the hospital :hug:
Oh Angel when are you going to post those pics of Bret in his Speedo......

Here we go again...
08-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Yep, we agree, the meet was a hit!
I really enjoyed meeting Jamie and Rob. It is very strange just how much all of us are alike... I think Bret attracts some pretty strange women... and I mean strange in a good way. At times it was like looking in a mirror when I was talking to Jamie. She is me 10 years ago... and it only gets worse. I told her that when she grows up she will be just like me.
Even worse.... Rob remindes me of bobby about 15 years ago.

Beth did a great job of keeping Bret in his place. Just when he would say something a little annoying, Beth seemed to have the perfect answer that would shut him down. I almost fell off the sofa laughing one time. I loved it!! I wish I had the quick comebacks that you do Beth!

The food was wonderful. I have not seen Bobby scarf down some BarBQue that fast in a long time. I was a little disappointed that Beth did not get some FRESH garlic on those burgers for me though. Bret did do an amazing job on the food and Sherrie worked hard to make sure everything else was put together.

We had lots of fish eyes for Jeanne. I could tell by the look on her face how happy she was. We need to make sure she gets the fish eye pudding in October!

Bobby even had a wonderful time. He is always a little leary about meeting the strange people of Intercot. Well, he had no problen fitting in. And you Jeanne.... you were killing him. Every word that came out of your mouth had him rolling. I think that if we can come up with the funds to go on October we will be there. We have to get some bills paid off first. He wants to go spend some more time with you.... he thinks he found someone that can keep me in my place. Yeah right.

Anyway, We had a wonderful time. Bret and Sherrie, you will be happy to know that I did not steal anything from the house. If you are missing anything, call Jeannie. She had her eye on that mug all day.

Sorry we did not get back to the Quarter, Bobby was watching golf and I went back to the casino. I won... I Won!!

Let's do this again real soon. It was so much fun. We have to plan ahead of time to make sure everyone stays somewhere close to each other. I was ready to go back to your house and share a sleeping bag with someone. Maybe the next one should be in Florida!!!:marg:

MickeysGirl
08-13-2007, 09:54 AM
What a great time!!! :joy:

Yes, we most certainly have to do it again. It was a pleasure meeting Beth, Angel and Bobby. It's been a long time since I've laughed that hard! What a treat!!

Jamie didn't you say something about a recipe???
Beth, which recipe was I talking about? Please refresh my memory.

I can't wait till the next meet. I could sit here and go on and on, but everyone else has done such a great job summing it up! Thanks to Bret and Sherrie for hosting and taking our sorry butts in for the night! :blush: and thanks to everyone else for making the trip. Truly a wonderful experience!

:hug: Hugs to you all and :cheers: here's to who couldn't make it. We missed you!!

MsMin
08-13-2007, 03:16 PM
What a great time!!! :joy:
Beth, which recipe was I talking about? Please refresh my memory.

It's a secret, the chocolate cookies I'm still hiding in my overnite bag that I don't want anyone to find :spy:

MickeysGirl
08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh... THAT recipe! :tasty:

hehehehehe I'll make sure I get it to ya!

I just have to either find it on the home computer or rewrite it out in layman's terms. The recipe isn't exactly the way I make it.

I'm so glad you liked them! We have one left. I decided to leave it for Rob after I ate the others this morning. :secret:

Piglet822
08-13-2007, 08:55 PM
We had lots of fish eyes for Jeanne. I could tell by the look on her face how happy she was.

It wasn't the fish eyes that had me smiling like that. It was the great weekend I spent with some really good friends and the new boyfriend I left back home ;) You know, the one whose picture got passed around as soon as someone new entered the room?

If you are missing anything, call Jeannie. She had her eye on that mug all day.

I'm innocent. :angel: Totally and completely innocent :angel::angel:

And you Jeanne.... you were killing him. Every word that came out of your mouth had him rolling.

It wasn't that, he just wanted the cookies I was bribing him with. Hehehehe.

I had a great time, I want to jump in and thank Bret and Sherrie for their hospitality. There will definitely be a sequel to this meet :thumbsup:

I'll be home tomorrow (I'm at DBF's house right now) and will download and post some photos.

SgtTigger
08-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Sherrie and I are so glad the meet was a success........ thanks to everyone who came again.....

We are glad everyone made it home safe and sound........

We even had leftovers tonight....

Oh yea my cat misses everyone........ I bet rob does not miss her........ :blackcat::cat:

Here we go again...
08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh yea my cat misses everyone........ I bet rob does not miss her........ :blackcat::cat:

What did Rob do to the cat? I know that poor sweet little cat could not possibly do anything to Rob. ;)

Piglet822
08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
What did Rob do to the cat? I know that poor sweet little cat could not possibly do anything to Rob. ;)

He didn't do anything to Koda, he's allergic to cats, I think.

MickeysGirl
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Rob is allergic to all animal hair. But he was the brain surgeon who kept playing with the cat and then touching his face. :rolleyes:

Piglet822
08-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Rob is allergic to all animal hair. But he was the brain surgeon who kept playing with the cat and then touching his face. :rolleyes:

:funny:

SgtTigger
08-16-2007, 08:59 PM

He did look like he was having a good time though......... in between sneezes.......

I know that Koda had a great time......

Piglet822
08-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry it took so long to get these posted but I haven't been at my own computer for over a week :blush:

Here's the link to the pics from the Deep South Meet. Enjoy.

Deep South Meet 8/11 -12/2007 (http://community.webshots.com/album/560358954eofaIu)

Here we go again...
08-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Okay, okay.... I did it. Here are my photos from the meet:
http://travel.webshots.com/album/560368552flGgmF

If that link does not work, just go to my home page.

Jamie, There is a picture of us together is Jeannie's pictures and we could pass for sisters. That is kinda scarey....

MickeysGirl
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Jamie, There is a picture of us together is Jeannie's pictures and we could pass for sisters. That is kinda scarey....

I just saw that one, isn't it great! hahahaha

I need to look at everyone's pictures, but unfortunately, that pesky thing called work is getting in the way. :rolleyes:

Did Rob post that he has his pictures up? He's in California at a conference right now and I don't know if he got a chance to let everyone know ahead of time. So if not, go to www.the-peters.org (http://www.the-peters.org) and check them out there as well! :photo:

Here we go again...
08-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Jamie, I went to check out your photos... OMG, I have never seen so many Photo Pass photos! You guys really got your money's worth on that CD. They came out great too. :thumbsup:

MickeysGirl
08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks!! :D

I think we had something like 195 Photo Pass Photos or something. It was a slow start, but we finally found a few cast members who, when we said "We're buying the CD, take as many as you like", they kinda went wild! hahaha It was lots of fun, and we got a lot of good shots. It was hard to narrow down our 3- 5x7s.

I need to go look at everyone's pictures before I get started here at work....

Editing to add...

OK, finally got to go through the pictures. They came out great! And Angel, you are so right, we could pass for sisters! I'm so glad I found my INTERCOT twin!!! :hug:

SgtTigger
08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
And Angel, you are so right, we could pass for sisters! I'm so glad I found my INTERCOT twin!!! :hug:

Remember Twins have different personalties...

Very different..................

robyn221
08-28-2007, 11:54 PM
I just found this thread and I am so sorry I missed the party! Looks like you all had a great time! Thank you to Jeanne, Angel & Rob for posting the great pics! I'll be watching this forum for the next Deep South Meet!

Robyn:mickey:

Here we go again...
08-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Remember Twins have different personalties...

Very different..................

You are sooooo right Bret. Remember, I am the nice one. :angel:

SgtTigger
08-30-2007, 07:55 PM
You are sooooo right Bret. Remember, I am the nice one. :angel:

:shake::stop::noway: