PDA

View Full Version : Need a little pixie dust for my father

NLODisney
07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
My father has been diagnoised with throat cancer. He has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now and is starting radiation and then chemo. I will be traveling to SD from NH soon with my nephew to be with him for some of his treatment. We lost my mother 13 years ago to cancer after she was only sick for 7 weeks. We are praying for a different outcome this time. If there is some spare pixie dust any where we could use some.

RedSoxFan
07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Sending lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: to your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you that everything turns out OK.

SBETigg
07-11-2007, 07:16 PM
:pixie: and best wishes for your dad.

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I am so sorry. I'm sending lots of pixie dust :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: I lost both my father and sister to cancer and know that it is such a horrible disease. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and I'll keep saying my prayers that whatever they do for him it has a positive outcome. Please keep us updated and take care of yourself.

DISNEYFIX
07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I am so sorry. I'm sending lots of pixie dust :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: I lost both my father and sister to cancer and know that it is such a horrible disease. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and I'll keep saying my prayers that whatever they do for him it has a positive outcome. Please keep us updated and take care of yourself.

Me too. That [stinks]. Look you father in the eyes thank him and tell him you love him, and mean it as you have never meant it before. I am jealous that you can.
Chris

merlinmagic4
07-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Lots of :pixie: headed your way. Let us know how he is doing.

mrsgaribaldi
07-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.

daparish
07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
I am so sorry your father and family are having to go through this again. I will keep you in my prayers and here is loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

MsMin
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Sending loads of :pixie: will add you and yours to my prayers

hoop de do
07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Prayers and Pixie Dust for your Dad and your family. :tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

pogo
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll send you half of what I have. :pixie: I need the rest for my Mom. She is half way through her chemo treatments and making progress.

Learn what you can about his treatments and take nothing for granted. Love him, cherish him and make him smile. A positive attitude can make the difference in his prognosis.

Google "Chemocare" and learn all about his treatments.

Good luck and God bless. :D

ElenitaB
07-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Here's a bunch of :pixie: for your dad. You're a wonderful daughter to travel to see him and I'm sure he will appreciate it.

I'm sure your mother's experience is weighing on both of you now... but do remember that each case is different and that many years have passed since your mom faced the :thedolls: (just within the past 2-3 years there is a new drug that does wonders with nausea for 3-4 days from treatment).

Many :hug: for your family and prayers for a positive outcome.

harlowandthemermaid
07-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Sending Pixie dust and my thoughts to your family as your dad goes through treatment.

crazypoohbear
07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Sending lots of Pixie dust your way.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
I pray that your father has a positive outcome with this cancer. As POGO said a positive outlook is really part of the battle. May you have a safe trip and I hope your father goes into remission and stays there. God Bless

Carol
07-12-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry, Nancy. :(

Lots of New York prayers and pixie dust heading your way. :pixie::pixie:

offwego
07-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, pixie dust and prayers on it's way to you to deal with this difficult situation.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

DVC2004
07-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm so sorry. :( Sending prayers and pixie dust.

DizNee143
07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
pixie dust is on the way!!! please keep us updated on how your dad is doing!!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Melanie
07-12-2007, 10:54 AM
:pixie: on the way for your father and yourself. I'm so sorry to hear of this! :(

princessjojo
07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: For your father and your family. As difficult as it is, keep in mind the advances that have been made over the last 13 years.

Best wishes and many, many prayers for your family.

ChipDale
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Sending good thoughts and lots of :pixie: your father's way, Nancy. I hope the treatments work!

faline
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
What a tough time for your family. :pixie::pixie::pixie: to your dad and all of your family.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Sending prayers & Pixie dust your father's way. Bob Seger had throat cancer years ago, and now he's well enough that he's even gone on tour in recent years. So don't lose hope!

Beast_fanatic
07-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Loads of :pixie: on the way!

ChipnDaleGal
07-13-2007, 05:44 AM
That is so rough. My heart goes out to your dad, and all your family. Best of luck to you all. I am sure it is even harder when you live so far away from him. I hope you have a good visit with him. You will be the best mental medicine he can get at this point! :pixie:

conorsmom2000
07-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Your Dad and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Much pixie dust headed your way... :pixie::pixie::pixie:

NLODisney
07-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks so much for all the thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust. We found out that he also has a spot on his lung which is not the news we were hoping for. He will be starting chemo on Mon. He will be doing 5 days of chemo and 5 days of rest for at least three rounds and then will have radiation treatments. We are going on our family vacation tomorrow with the kids and then my nephew and I will leave from there (Cedar Point in Ohio) and fly to SD to be with Dad. Hopefully the treatments will work and he will start to feel better. Thanks again, Nancy

crazypoohbear
07-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Will continue to keep your father in our thoughts and prayers.

Jeri Lynn
07-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Prayers and Pixie dust for your dad and your family.

PirateLover
07-14-2007, 07:21 PM
There is always :pixie: for cancer sufferers. The C word makes me cringe. I have lost family members to cancer but I've also known people who were practically given death sentences yet today they live on, having "beat cancer" so to speak. So hopefully you and your family can help your dad stay strong and give his cancer the 1-2 punch and knock it out. More :pixie: :pixie: