PDA

View Full Version : Rudest AND/OR Nicest Guest Experience

allie_to_you
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
On the heels of the rudest and/or nicest CM experience, tell us about some of your guest experiences. This should be interesting.

One of the nicest guest experiences we had was on our 1 year wedding anniversary. We were riding IASW and were in a wheelchair accessible boat. My husband and I were all alone in our boat and we were stopped, waiting to unload. Well, the couple in front of us, looks back, sees our camera and asks if we'd like a picture together. So I hand over my camera and she takes what turns out to be one of the best pictures of the trip. I just thought it was really sweet.

GrmGrninGost
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
The nicest guest we have met was at the Contemporary. We were going up the escalator to Chef Mickey's for breakfast when he yelled to stop. I turned around and walked back down. He said he and his family had four tickets for LaNouba and had to leave before they could use them. He had been waiting there for a family of four to give them to! We had wanted to go see the show, but never seemed to have the extra money. I was overwhelmed!:mickey: Needless to say, I took the tickets and thanked him profusely! We went to the show and absolutely loved it! I am forever grateful to this wonderful man!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-11-2007, 07:44 PM
The nicest guest we have met was at the Contemporary. We were going up the escalator to Chef Mickey's for breakfast when he yelled to stop. I turned around and walked back down. He said he and his family had four tickets for LaNouba and had to leave before they could use them. He had been waiting there for a family of four to give them to! We had wanted to go see the show, but never seemed to have the extra money. I was overwhelmed!:mickey: Needless to say, I took the tickets and thanked him profusely! We went to the show and absolutely loved it! I am forever grateful to this wonderful man!

WOW...Now that is awesome!! :cool:

How great for your family.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I almost did not want to post a "rude" thing after the last two posts. :blush:

But, you asked for it...lol.

We were waiting on line for Peter Pan two years ago when a woman behind me asked me if my husband's name was Sean?? I looked at DH to see if he was wearing something with his name on it, which of course he wasn't. I could not figure out how she knew his name. :confused:

I told her Yes and before I could ask her how she knew...

She pointed to the tattoo I have on the inside of my lower ankle and proceeded to ask me, very loudly, "Why on earth would you put your husband's name on your SKIN?? What happens if you get divorced?? That happens a lot these days you know". :jaw: All in front of my three young kids.

I then informed the not-so-nice woman in a not-so-nice voice that yes, it was my husband's name but, it was a tattoo with both of my sons' names, my son is a Jr. My other son's name is below Sean's name and was covered by my sock. Taylor's name is on my other ankle. So, while Sean is my DH's name, the tattoo is for my son, not my Dh.

Is she done?? No...She then replies "Oh, Okay, I guess that is fine since he will always be your son". :bang:

Boy, was I so glad that my tattoo, on my body, was then okay with this total complete stranger in WDW.

LoriMistress
07-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Okay, I'll tell our rudest experience at WDW (which were pratically none.) During our honeymoon at WDW in November 2003, we were in front of Cinderella's Castle waiting for Spectro. DH wanted to get us some ice cream. (This was the worst part of his trip--though he barely remembers it.) He tried to go the ice cream shop on Main Street, but the line was out the door (and then some). So, he had to go all the way to Fantasyland...while the ice cream is melting all over DH's hands, rushing back to me before the ice cream melts completely--his guy continues to purposely mock him and making catty comments. DH almost threw the ice cream at him but figured I would be upset. When he told me about it, told replied telling him that I would have wasted the $10 of my money to make a point by throwing ice cream (great logic--I know.) :mickey:

Our greatest guest experience was when we were eating at the Crystal Palace and we met this cute family. They were a thirties something married couple with three little kids. Their eldest was five or six year old girl. The "Jane/Meg" of their children was a two or three year old girl. The youngest was probably 18-24 months old boy. When the characters would come, we offered to take their pictures of the whole family with the characters, because we figured they probably didn't have many pictures of the entire family since the parents would be too busy taking pictures of their kids. We took their pictures, and they always take our pictures together with the characters. It was nice because there were not many pictures of DH and myself together.

biodtl
07-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Last time, we had a family give us mini-golf passes that they weren't able to use.