PDA

View Full Version : Park Hoppers

DisneyMomx2
07-11-2007, 02:17 PM
How many of you have hopped all 4 parks in one day? I was inspired by on eof the trip reports I read on here and now we want to see if we can do it on our next trip down. I think it sounds more simple than it actually is (at least with 2 girls ages 8 and 4) but I think we can do it. We'll each pick our favorite ride in each park and have to do them before going to the next one.

Hey, a person has to have goals right?? lol

Polynesian Dweller
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
We have hopped all 4 parks plus DTD in one day. However, not attempting to do 4 attractions in each park like it sounds you would, if I read your post correctly.

If your ride wait averages 20min (that might very hopeful), with travel time, walk time you are looking at about 10 hours to do this and then you haven't had food, drink, toilet breaks etc. in that calculation.

I'd say you can do the four parks if you cut the number of attractions per park to 2. Its not too hard that way.

Anyway, will be interesting to read your trip report to see how you did. Hope you make it happen, an interesting challenge. :thumbsup:

DisneyMomx2
07-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I guess I should have added that my girls and I tend to like alot of the same things. DH can go do his thrill ride at each park while the girls and I pick one or two less "thrilling" attractions.

I know it might be a long shot but its worth the fun trying. Worst case is we have to finish up the next day right? lol

Also should add that we are planning our next trip to be there for 13 days so we'll have some extra time.

Chipfan
07-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I haven't hopped all four in one day but I did hop to 3 in one day so I could see Fantasmic, then Wishes and finally headed over to Epcot to see Illuminations. Somehow we did it but it was extremely tiring. Would love to try it again though would also like to try all four in one day maybe I can try that if I actually head down at teh beginning of December

Joanna
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Just don't hop too fast! We went into Epcot just to use our fastpass for "Soarin!" and then caught the monorail over to the MK and they wouldn't let us in! We were evidently too fast! The machines in the turnstiles have to have a certain amount of time between entrances. The CMs just examined our passes and let us on through when we explained.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
The first time Stitchahula went to FL with me we went to all 4 parks in one day. The next day at my cousin's wedding a guest thought we meant we had done 4 rides that day. She didn't believe us when we said 4 parks. And we went to DTD that night too. We were only there for 4 days so we had to make the most of it. Luckily it was in the summer so we had really late hours.

big blue and hairy
07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I've only gone to two parks in a day, and we usually don't even do THAT. It just seems like you lose so much time.

:sulley:

DawsonAR
07-11-2007, 06:33 PM
I can't wait to read your trip report. Have fun!

Gottaluvgoof
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I guess I'm different, but honestly I don't like hopping. I don't like the buses enough to be doing all that hopping in one day. I usually do an entire park one day, another one the next, etc, etc. We stay until the close of the park and find we accomplish everything we want in that day.

jszczur5
07-12-2007, 05:12 PM
On our last day each year, we often do a "greatest hits" day and hit all of our favourites at the three parks - not including Animal Kingdom. It is easier to do if you are travelling in your own vehicle, rather than taking the buses. We always travel in early September when the crowds are much thinner, so we can ride 4 or 5 of our favourite attractions at each park, and still have time for washroom breaks, a little last minute shopping, dinner, and a couple of shows. Good luck!

grumpycajun
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
If you wanted to do it just to do it it wouldn't be a problem at all. I could see doing AK and MGM in the am, MK in the afternoon and Epcot at night for dinner and some late rides. Bet you'd get a good night's sleep after all that!

SillySymphony
07-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Okay, I have to admit that this had been the ultimate "Disney Dream" of mine for some time. During one particular trip, my son (then 10) and I tried this unassisted on our final day. We used Early Entry (remember that term?) and enjoyed major attractions at MK, Ep and MGM. However, by the time we got to AK, the plan died. It became obvious we'd need a bit of "Pixie Dust" to pull it off.

The following year, I got busy about three months in advance. I sent a very nice letter to Guest Relations stating how we'd tried to do it, but failed. I requested any help they might be able to offer.

Tick, tock... tick, tock...

Just about two weeks before we left, I got a call from a Guest Relations CM named Tameika. She was taken with the letter and had brought it to the attention of her supervisor.

Long story short... We were given "Front of Line passes" to every biggie!

I had special T-shirts made that read:

Connor and Dad's Four Parks - One Day

We toured all four parks in reverse order of opening date ( AK, MGM, Ep and MK ), and had pictures taken with the Park Manager at each location! My son opened AK that day. The picture is worth a mint to me...

We brought a disposable camera and dry-erase board with us. Each time we would enter a Park, we would write the time down and have another guest snap a pic of us together!

We had dinner ressies at Chef Mickey's for 5:15, and we came down the escalator (from the MK Monorail) at exactly 5:14.

I have to be honest here... Even a Dream Team night at the Castle couldn't hope to compete with this day.

Moral? I suppose- "It pays to ask politely":mickey:

CandleontheWater
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I've done 4 parks in a day, but it takes some hoofing. EMH mornings and evening hours don't hurt either! I usually only go down for one or two days, so I'm a champion hopper! You got to get in all those E-ticket rides!

mainemajor
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
3 yes, four no. I'm sure we could do it if we wanted to, like you say - just to do it. Buttime at disney is too valuable for us so we usually only do two and sometimes stroll through DTD/Boardwalk in the same day

PoohGirls2
07-13-2007, 09:04 AM
A few years ago, we did 3 parks in one day with a then 5 and 2 year old. Now granted the kids were in strollers. It was in January so the lines wern't long at all. It was our last day so we just hopped from park to park riding our favorite rides. The girls loved it because they got to ride their favorites one last time before going home.
I can't remember if we did just 2 parks a day this year or if we did 3. :confused:
We generally like to hopp from park to park. We go to the park that has extra magic hours first. When that park starts getting crowded, it is then time for us to hopp. We will only go back for evening extra magic hours.

Gator
07-13-2007, 06:22 PM
I hate to one-up youo here, but I went to 5 parks in one day. This was before kids, of course. Here was the activities.

DS: Tower of Terror x2, RnRCoaster, Star Tours, and Muppet3D - bus to Blizzard Beach

BB: climbed to top of Summit Plummet to take photos of DS, Epcot, and AK, grabbed some doughnuts on the way out Yummmmmmm, bus to AK

AK: Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder (got to be in the show with the Owl), Kilm Safari, bus over to MK

MK: Toon Town, Shopping, Liberty Tree Dinner, Wishes@7pm, caught monorail to Epcot

Epcot: Mission:Space, Maelstrom, Illuminations

Yip! That's five. And it was the best day of my life.