PDA

View Full Version : Autograph Books What age do you start?

Lizzie
07-11-2007, 12:03 PM
I was just reading someone's question about pens and autograph books. And it got me wondering what age do you start gettting them for your kids. Our girls will be 18 months when we go. Is that to early to start them with them?

biodtl
07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
DD was 2 and she did it. I had to get the book ready and have ot open to a page, but she liked that the characters were signing it for her.

Mickey91
07-11-2007, 12:21 PM
It is never too young! Take them to have the book signed and get a picture. When you get home, you can either disassemble the autograph book or make copies of the signatures. Then, take the picture of a character and the signature and put them in a photo album that has two spaces on each page. Put the picture in the top one and the siganature underneath. Even though your daughters won't remember this trip. You will and you will have wonderful pictures to show them! Our DS loves to see the photos and autographs of his first trip when he was 15 months! The characters have a blast with the little ones that age! Have a great time!!!:mickey:

DawsonAR
07-11-2007, 12:24 PM
My son was 4 on his first trip. We used the autograph book. He didn't really understand the concept, but he loved the characters writing in it. Now he loves to look at it. :mickey:

IrishMickey
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
We will be going to Disneyland this Aug. My DS will be 20 months and he will have book in hand, we did this with our other two kids, it is there favorite souvenir, plus it is the best thing to have in the car/plane/anywhere with a long wait, kids can never get enough of themseleves or disney characters. Have a blast and bring plenty of Sharpies. :mickey:

Darbylew
07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
We started at about two years of age. The kids
love this. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007! :D

IDreamofEeyore
07-12-2007, 11:54 PM
We broke out the autograph books for the first time in '04. Our DS was 3, our niece 2 and our nephew 5. They all loved it and take the same books back every trip to collect more autographs. It has become like a game...who have we met and who do we need to find!

For our DS (now about to be 7), his book is his favorite souvenir. Reading the signatures brings back memories of his trips and the fun he had meeting all of the characters. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
07-13-2007, 12:48 AM
It's never too early to start! :mickey: The memories will be wonderful years from now as you and your children look back at the photos and autographs! As an adult, and as a parent, I love the characters at least as much as my children! We have quite a collection over the years! We have our collection in two photo albums with pictures and autographs together. It is one of our most cherished posessions. We look at it together, as a family, often!

Andy_2002
07-13-2007, 07:55 AM
My DD was 10 months old, she looks puzzled on most of the character photos but I'm sure she will love them when she is older.

The best thing was, she was a character magnet. Instead of us chasing them for autographs they came flocking to us.

DS was 4 and is terrified of all the characters, but since we got home he hasn't stopped asking to go back.

PeterPanFan
07-16-2007, 05:19 PM
We started at 18 months and have bunches of them with 3 daughters and many trips :mickey: the last 2 times we now share 1 book. Its always fun to get autographs. Everytime something fun happens. One of my favorite times was when Balou danced and played keep away with my daughter.

:thumbsup: