PDA

View Full Version : Moleskin vs. Molefoam? is there a difference?

disneyfan328
07-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Ok, so I am taking all of the tips here for our family of 5 and I know that my kids especially DS 5 are prone to blisters. I have gone in search of Moleskin at our local walmart and found Dr. Scholls but they have 2 kinds? One says Moleskin and one says Molefoam w/padding? They both look the same - the molefoam seems a little thicker? Both say that they are to be cut to size and are self adhesive? Is this the right stuff, or should I look elsewhere?:confused:

Help

biodtl
07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I can't help you with the moleskin question, but an FYI on blisters - Johnson's makes a new stuff called blister block. It's like a small deodorant stick that you apply to your feet where you might have a problem with blisters and it helps keep you from getting them. It's not foolproof but it definitely helps a little (especially if you keep reapplying throughout the day).

07-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I started out with bandaids last time & they didn't stay on. I found moleskin in the gift shop & used that the rest of the week. Worked great. It stayed on & saved my blistered feet. I never heard of molefoam. I'll have to check that out next time.

sleepingbooty
07-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I've never really understood how Moleskin works - do you stick it to your skin, or to your shoe where it would rub? It seems if you stuck it over a blister it would pull your skin right off when you removed it, so I guess you'd have to put it on before you got one. But then how would you know where to put it? Believe it or not, I've never gotten blisters at WDW, my secret is to rub antiperspirant all over my feet -keeps them cool and dry, and no friction!

jax86
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
i don't know how it would work on regular shoes, but my daughter uses moleskin on her pointe shoes for ballet. she just sticks it on the inside of the shoe where she is prone to blisters and it works great. if you misplae it just pull it off and apply a new piece.