PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Water Pageant Parade

Darin M
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi all,
My girlfriend and I are going this year for our second time ever. I have two questions.

1-How do I get to see it?

2-What is your opinion of it?

JPL
07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
If you stand along the 7 Sea Lagoon you will have a great view of it. The beach over at the Poly or GF are great locations. I have also watched it from right in fromt of the MK. It's a nice little often overlooked parade.:mickey:

January-2007
07-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Here is some information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp) on it for you from Info Central. It's a nice parade, I saw it by chance a few years ago after leaving the campfire movie early at Fort Wilderness and thought it was really neat. We plan on watching it in September. The times are all listed so you can head to one of the Magic Kingdom resorts around the time it's supposed to pass by and enjoy yourself!

Disneym8
07-11-2007, 01:34 PM
My family and I have been going to WDW since 1999 and saw King Neptunes water pageant for the 1st time last year. It has been running since the World opened in 1971 from what I understand. If it is just the 2 of you then I would watch from one of the resorts in the Magic Kingdom area, but if you could splurge, take a Wishes Cruise and the boat driver pulls right up to the barges. We have done this the past 2 years and plan on doing it again next year. We go to the Hoop Dee Doo and get picked up at Fort Wilderness Campground.
The cost of the cruise is $275 plus tip. Hoop Dee Doo $59 per person. The whole experience... Priceless.

PeterPanFan
07-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Ok this is cool. I have never seen this in all my trip to WDW! We are staying at the Grandfloridan this fall !!!! Were very excited and have a Magic Kingdom view so I hope we can see this from our balcony!

KAT1811
07-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I love the EWP. It is one of the originals left in WDW. The show is the same one I watched as a little girl on the beach at FW with my parents and grandparents now I enjoy watching it with my parents and my children (10, 2, & 8 months). It certainly is a wonderful sight to see. If it was just DH and I we would watch it from the Poly beach with one of the Lapu Lapus that everyone on here raves about!!! :papple: :tikki: :lei:

mainemajor
07-11-2007, 03:57 PM
We watched it almost every night from our room when we stayed at the Poly w/ FIL.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
It's cute. Sometimes you can even see it if you take the boat from the MK.

LoriMistress
07-11-2007, 09:36 PM
In December we're planning to see at at the WL. We've never seen it before so we're excited.

Magic Smiles
07-11-2007, 10:14 PM
We have ADRs at O'Hana's on 15 Dec 07 so that we can enjoy this parade afterwards. Never have seen it and can't wait for a new experience.

KAT1811
07-11-2007, 10:52 PM
We have ADRs at O'Hana's on 15 Dec 07 so that we can enjoy this parade afterwards. Never have seen it and can't wait for a new experience.

So funny I could tell you weren't from the US by the way you wrote the date!

We're looking forward to trying O'hana for the first time this year.

I hope you enjoy the EWP. It is truly a WDW classic!!!

Tink#64
07-11-2007, 11:14 PM
We finally managed to see The Floating Electrical Water Pageant last year for the first time & we thought it was totally cool! DH & DS's 8 & 10 & myself all thought it was great! We like to try different dining experiences & so I made ADR for The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL which was the perfect time & location to see the pageant afterwards! After dinner & some shopping & checking out the resort, we walked out to the water dock & watched the parade! Then we caught a water taxi over to the MK just in time to watch Wishes from the water! That was awesome - such a different view of the fireworks! That was a great evening!:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I love it! I remember watching it as a little girl on my first trip to WDW, from the beach at FW in 1977...and it is much the same today as it was then. It's very nostalgic for me. It's a classic that everyone should experience and I'm impressed and thankful that WDW has kept it around all these years!

Mickey91
07-12-2007, 11:51 AM
We love it!!!:mickey:

AmberB
07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
We saw the parade on a Magical Fireworks Cruise for Magical Gatherings and it was great. If you're going with a Magical Gathering, I highly reccomend the fireworks cruise. The view of the parade and the fireworks was great.

CandleontheWater
07-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I love it! Its one of my favorite hidden treasures. I can still remember watching off the balcony of our tower MK view CR room in 1982. I wish I could afford that now :funny:

mickey&missy
07-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I think its cool! DH said it was the "cheesiest thing he ever saw"

I will say this, last trip we stayed at WL. Our room was at the far end of the hall closest to the water. Our first night we feel fast asleep early because we got up so early to catch our flight. The next thing we know we are awoken by LOUD music. DH went out on the balcony to see what it was, it was the Water Pageant passing. It got a little annoying by the end of the week :secret:

JWB3
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I have to agree with Melissa's DH - seemed kind of cheesy to me as well. During our past stays at WL we really got tired of it by the end of the week.

AdventurerKim
07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I agree that there is nothing really jazzy about this parade, but for me and my family, it holds a lot of memories. We used to stay at Poly in the 80's and would watch the parade and then MK fireworks; we'd get soft drinks and snacks at Trader Jack's and go out on the beach. We still see the parade whenever we're at O'hana's for dinner. :cloud9:

ibrowse17
07-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I can remember being very excited by this as a child, and still feel a bit of that for it now. Always try to catch it at least once a trip:thumbsup:

Disney_Barbie
07-13-2007, 02:22 PM
This thread has inspired me! Since I spend alot of time on Intercot and have been to WDW many times I could have given you a "text book" definition of what the Electrical Water Pageant is (hey, do they still do the speil about the pageant on the monorail, I'm not sure if they still do it or ever did it or if I made it up!) But I've never seen it for myself, I must put it on my "to do" list.
From reading all of your posts, I think DH & I would most like to view it from the poly. I was looking at the Intercot map of the poly, but can anyone give any specific ideas. What's a good viewing spot? (I confess, I've never even stepped foot in the Poly, only flown by in the monorail) I assume the beach, but is there a specific spot on the beach, are there hammocks or something (if there is can non-poly-guests even use them?)
I think we'd like to stop get a drink and bring it out to the beach to watch the pageant. What's a good place to get a drink? I saw Tambu Lounge on the poly map, can you get a drink from there and bring it down the the beach, or can you not leave the lounge with it? Is the Barefoot Pool Bar open that late?
Where do you get those Lapu Lapus I hear tell about? (Sorry, so many quesions!)

SgtTigger
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
The water pageant is 2 set of barges that pull up to the resort and play synthesis music and each barge lights up with different things... Like a turtle on one and dolphins and so on......

At the end there is a special surprise and all the barges change..... It is not 21 century but it has been around since Disney World opened....

It is a must do on every trip for us....

:cop: :tigger:

starrmomof2
07-13-2007, 05:07 PM
We watched it several times from our balcony at WL last fall and even went to the beach one evening to see it up close. My DS 7 really liked it; I enjoyed identifying the different pieces of music played when each animal was lit. Although it's not as spectacular as the other parades or shows, it's a bit of hidden gem that is fun to catch and enjoy for the few minutes it's there.

FiggyFan
07-14-2007, 07:29 AM
From reading all of your posts, I think DH & I would most like to view it from the poly. I was looking at the Intercot map of the poly, but can anyone give any specific ideas. What's a good viewing spot? (I confess, I've never even stepped foot in the Poly, only flown by in the monorail)

Either the beach or the boat dock provide good viewing. The dock has a few park benches where you can sit to watch the show - the beach hammocks might be a bit more romantic. While you are there, take a walk through the resort property - I find it about as quiet, peaceful, and relaxing as anywhere at WDW.