PDA

View Full Version : Epcot F&W or MNSSHP?

diznee_buzz
07-11-2007, 10:33 AM
A little background: Me, DH and DS3 are going to WDW 9/26-9/30 and will have 5-day parkhoppers. My parents decided to come along, but more for relaxing around the Poly, so they only want to buy a ticket or two to the parks. They decided to do Epcot one day (their favorite) and then probably MK another day (so they can witness DS3 in pure heaven:cloud9:). So, we have 2 choices - which would you do? My parents will not last longer than 6 or 7 hours in a park, so consider that.

Choice #1:
Thursday 9/27 – all day Magic Kingdom with parents (EMH day – more crowded?)

Friday 9/28 – all day Epcot (Food & Wine festival and EMH day – more crowded?); character lunch at Garden Grill at 1pm

Choice #2:

Thursday 9/27 – all day Epcot with parents (no F&W; no EMH; less crowded?)

Friday 9/28 – "free morning" for my parents; MK for MNSSHP with parents - they could get in as early as 4pm for this, right? But will it just be chaos?

Choice #2 would be cheaper for my parents, since they wouldn't buy a full day at the park but just a ticket to MNSSHP, and it would allow them some relaxation time Friday morning while me, DH and DS3 hit another park like AK or MGM. However, they would miss the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot, which I'm not sure they would care all that much about. Help!!

snifflesmcg
07-11-2007, 10:44 AM
How about you spend one day in Epcot doing the F&W fest and the other day going to Mk and doing MNSSHP that night. You can spend the earlier of the day riding rides, go back, rest a bit and then go back to MNSSHP. I've done both and were both great. If I HAD to choose, I'd pick MNSSHP. It was alot of fun.

diznee_buzz
07-11-2007, 11:18 AM
The F&W festival starts on Friday, and my parents are leaving on Saturday. MNSSHP is also only going on that same Friday. Money is also an issue with them - I don't see them paying for 2 park tickets and MNSSHP. So it's either 2 park tickets or 1 park ticket + MNSSHP.

SBETigg
07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Considering the DS3 and the fact that you already have potential meal plans for Garden Grill, I would do Choice Two and let the parents have fun seeing the DS at MNSSHP. The F & W is very crowded on a Friday and unless you plan to really get into it and enjoy the food and wine without going somewhere else to eat (which can be pricey- those samples add up), not sure it's worth the hassle. I would enjoy Epcot without worrying about the added F &W crowds on Thursday and do the party on Friday.

MsMin
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
The F & W is something we really want to do but I would prefer to avoid wknds too. I agree with avoiding a meal on that day b/c there will be plenty to try. (that is our plan)
I've never been to MNSSHP but I have been to MVMCP for the past 4 yrs. Basing it on that I would pick the F&W (option 1). My concern is that w/ a little one will they stay out till closing @ MNSSHP? Also, w/ the parties there are several shops and a few attractions that are not open as a regular full day.
If crowds are a bigger concern than staying up late then go w/ option 2 !
I don't think that crowds will be that bad even w/ EMH on Thurs.
Let us know what you decide :minnie:

GrmGrninGost
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I would definitely go to the MNSSHP no matter what! :mpumpkin: In my mind, it's the most fun you can have at WDW! I love the special parade and fireworks! The trick-or-treating is cool also! We hardly ever ride anything because there is so much fun stuff going on! But, if you do ride, the lines are usually short compared to during the day!:thumbsup:

joelkfla
07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Since you said (1) your parents would like to spend some relaxation time; (2) can only last a half day in the park; and (3) cost is a concern:

I would go with Epcot on Thursday and MNSSHP on Friday. F&W seems to attract large crowds on the first weekend (plus the EMH effect), while MNSSHP seems to get more crowded as it gets closer to Halloween. And they will get a full 6 hours in the MK if you get in at 4 and they can last until midnight, and there will be new things to experience (the parade, fireworks, and special shows.) The cost of a MNSSHP ticket is much less than a second day on a no-frills MYW pass, especially if you take advantage of the advance purchase discount.

diznee_buzz
07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks, everyone! I think we've decided to do MNSSHP! I keep reading about it and finding pictures online and it just looks too tempting. My parents go down for Braves spring training every March, so they always have the opportunity to visit any of the parks then. T:mpumpkin::mpumpkin:his is one of the few times they will have the opportunity to do MNSSHP, so we decided to go for it.

I'm so excited! I'm buying my tickets today! :mpumpkin: