PDA

View Full Version : Soarin WDW v DLR

Downtown Dave
07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
We went to WDW last Summer and decided to skip Soarin' because we have it here in SoCal, but did I make a mistake? Is it much different? I've heard recently that they added interactive intertainment at the WDW version, but is the feel of the building the same as it is at DLR?

We are going again in 2009, just 18 months until I need to make dinner reservations!

Jakk
07-11-2007, 01:42 AM
We went to WDW last Summer and decided to skip Soarin' because we have it here in SoCal, but did I make a mistake? Is it much different? I've heard recently that they added interactive intertainment at the WDW version, but is the feel of the building the same as it is at DLR?

We are going again in 2009, just 18 months until I need to make dinner reservations!

The interactive part is while waiting in line, you basically play various games with your hands (kinda like the Wii only with your hands though) so your not missing out really. But Soarin may eventually have a new film in 2009, but your not missin out on anything!

IrishMickey
07-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Same ride, different place, but being a transplanted Californian, it was great to see while visiting Florida. We didn't have any of the interation, with Fast pass we just walked on the ride.:mickey:

SunnyLee
07-11-2007, 09:05 AM
I would say hit up Soarin' next time you go to WDW the interactive part while waiting in line is pretty cool..and there's something about flying over Cali while staying in FL!!!:mickey:

BrerGnat
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Feel at ease knowing that PRIOR to the "interactive" upgrade at the queue at WDW, the WDW line was B-O-R-I-N-G!!! There was NO theme, unlike at DCA where the whole aviation theme is played up. The DCA building/queue is still probably MUCH more interesting than the one at WDW, and once you get into the ride, it's 100% the same, so I don't think you should feel that you missed out.

socalruss
08-05-2007, 05:26 AM
You did'nt miss a thing. We just got back from WDW and were thinking of skipping Soarin' too since we have it here. It's the exact same ride. Only thing you missed was the 2 hour wait. We missed that part too. Thanks for FP's

WDWizard
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
i