PDA

View Full Version : Batting 500

wizardmickey
07-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Huh, I noticed when I posted that I hit the 500 mark. Does this come with a prize or somethin'? Like free turkey-legs on my next trip to WDW?
And besides;
Yay to a certain drumstick slinging Pirate, who rumour has it that is playing in a band again!! Rock on brother!!
Pretty soon I will need the real word addy's of those of you who voted for the name RELIX during the poll (I have a list) as I'm putting together a DVD of some of our stuff to this point. I know I'm gonna see some of you when I wing across country, so I can hand deliver those copies.
Also, I go see my Ortho Doc tomorrow for the results of last weeks MRI. As he said, he can keep treating the pain or we can find out what the underlying problem is and do something about it to stop the pain. I'm not 100% sure I like the tone of that, but I'll know more soon.

terri.m
07-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Well there is a cookie boat with your name on it all though you won't get it for just under for moons...

congrats ice!:thumbsup:

Jeremy
07-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Congrats my brother ice:thumbsup:
WOOT!!!
and thank you for that nice messge you gave me.
That means alot to your litte brother ice .:thumbsup:
togather we shall rock this word, brother.:cool:
rock on my friend:mickey:
and thanks!:number1:

JPL
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
:congrats:

Actually I just consulted the revised Intercot Handbook

500th Post Milestone
When a member hits the 500th post milestone the said member must take all moderators of the VMK Section to a Disney Park of their choice and treat them to a character meal

Chescat
07-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Good try JP. I would think the moderators would have to take him to the park. ;)

Yay Ice! Congrats! :clappy::yay::woohoo:

Since I was one of the ones that voted for the Relix, I can wait for my copy until October when we get to see you. :D

chrisb26
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
:congrats:

Way To Go Ice!!

500th Post Milestone
When a member hits the 500th post milestone the said member must take all moderators of the VMK Section to a Disney Park of their choice and treat them to a character meal

Good thing this wasn't a rule when I was at my 500th post. But I do have to agree with Cat you should be rewarding us with a meal since we where giving you the pleasure of talking to you.

wizardmickey
07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Yo Figgie, when was this so-called revision made? In any case, I'm always willing to treat for the meal, but ya gotta make your own way to the park & be there whenever I am there, otherwise, NO DEAL!
I tried pasting the "work-up" for the DVD last night, but I guess my computer crashed before it posted? So, I'll try again (see how many songs you know peeps!):

RELIX
The Story Thus Far...

From A Practice Video Filmed 4/13/07:
1. My Own Worst Enemy @
2. When I Come Around *
3. To Love Somebody #
4. Can’t Get It Out Of My Head *
5. Do Ya? *

From A Gig at Turkey Creek Town Hall for a Family Reunion on 4/28/07:
6. Play That Funky Music #
7. Wipe Out @
8. I’m 18 *
9. Hard Luck Woman *
10. Let Her Cry #
11. Angel Eyes #
12. Ticket To Ride * and #

From a Gig at Centerpoint, La. for a Graduation Party on 5/23/07:
13. Kryptonite # (Soundcheck)
14. Runaway *
15. Honky Tonk Woman #
16. Anyway You Want It *
17. All Shook Up #
18. Bad Day @
19. I Should Have Known Better * and #
20. Pink Houses #
21. Handle With Care *
22. Devil Woman # (Take 2: Skipped Intro)
23. (I’m Not Your) Stepping Stone *
24. Barbara Ann * and # and @

Symbols denoting lead vocalist for song:
Chris Gaspard #
John Barrell *
Steve Gallagher @

wizardmickey
07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah, a couple more thangs...
Here's a link directly to a picture I FINALLY finished painting last night. Remember the story about the cats getting into my oil paint & paw painting the room? This is that picture!
http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z221/flyingicemanvx/ART/?action=view&current=Stitch-TikiRoom3.jpg
And...
Got my test results today, and news is mostly GOOD!!! MRI showed that, along with the 4 bones that are damaged & degenerative, the disc between L5-S1 (which was the one damaged in my motorcycle wreck in '85) is bulging. Painful as this all is, the good news is that it is bulging from the center instead of to either side, which would mean pressure on nerves & surgery to fix. Course of treatment for next 6 weeks will be Darvocet 3X's a day, Voltaren 2X's a day & Flexeril at least every third day (or as often as I can tolerate!) If the pain hasn't decreased significantly in 6 weeks then there's a minimally invasive series of Cortisteroid shots that would require a Radiologist putting the needle directly into the bulging disc (he'd need to have a live picture of the area to get the right spot instead of just into the surrounding muscles.) So, even though I'm gonna be doped to the gills, NO SURGERY!!!

Patricia
07-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Glad they were able to drug you instead of opening you up. I know someone who gets those Cortisteroid shots in the disks. Ew.

I love your painting of Stitch.. awesome job. I have never tried oil paints.. I'm more of a water color, mixed media or acrylic girl. Sadly, I'm always busy painting for everyone else and no longer find time to paint for fun.

Two of my sons are artist, one uses pastels, the other professional markers. They actually sell their works.

terri.m
07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Nice work ice! And so happy you don't need surgury!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I love the tiki stitch. Very creative :)

:rocker: Rock on Ice! :congrats: and keep those songs comin'!

wizardmickey
07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Glad y'all like the Tiki Stitch. It has been years since I dabbled in oils, so I was a bit nervous & that's probably why it took me so long to finish it. It will hang in the Tiki Room of our Guest House, and the more I look at it, the more I'm considering maybe getting a tat of it done on me???
And yes yes yes I am VERY happy that I'm not gonna need surgery!! Maybe all of these drugs will alleviate my knee pain along the way too!?!