PDA

View Full Version : Nick Hotel?

r4kids
07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
We will be in the World Sept. 25- Oct 2. Before that we plan to stay at the Nick hotel for a night. I just heard from my Mom that there was a really bad review on another site. Has anyone been recently? Is it worth the $170 a night?

Rica
07-10-2007, 09:46 PM
My best friend stayed there last summer. She loved it. She wants to go back to actually spend more time at the hotel itself. She said there was tons to do. Hope this helps a little. :)

DVC2004
07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
The rooms are not huge but my kids loved it. Loved the pool. I thought it was a fun place especially with kids.

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Some dear friends of mine went down and spent their whole vacation down there a few months ago. They said it was great and the kids loved it. The pool was a lot of fun and I guess the material of the ground around it was really interesting on the feet.

Now, had they talked to me before they left like I told them to, they would have spent their Universal days at the Nick hotel to get it out of their system, then saved a ton of time and money by staying on DISNEY property for their Disney days.... But that's a whole 'nother rant.. :D

jusandnew
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
We stayed there 2 years ago. My kids LOVED it. The rooms are big and there are 2 pools and water slides.There are shows that gets the family involved. My husband had to dress up like a baby.

it is worth $170 a night. You can stay there and not go anywhere else and the kids would like it.

ncscgirl2005
08-17-2007, 01:58 PM
We just got back from the Nick Hotel on 8/15. Unfortunately we only spent one night there so the kids really didn't do much beyond the water slides and pool. The only thing I didn't like is that you almost have to stay for at least 2 days in order to do some of the fun stuff. Check in is at 4 pm and check-out is at 11 am, but most of the fun things are scheduled between 11:30-3:00 pm which was pretty bad for our situation. Overall though, I think it was well worth the money. The suite was very nice. Plasma TV in the living area, the master bedroom was spacious. The kids room was small but they didn't care. They were given a choice between Rugrat babies, Rugrats All Grown Up, Danny Phantom, and the Fairly Oddparents for their themed room and they chose Rugrats babies. They were ecstatic with the Playstation 2 and the nightlights (don't ask why cause i have no idea). The bathroom was spacious but it needed a fan in there; got very humid at times. Also the elevators are not airconditioned so that was awful at times (but bearable) since we were on the 6th floor.
The Tuesday night dinner buffet was great. The kids didn't want "real food" so they got pizza and Subway and ate in the Cafe with us while we dined on the real deal. The food was a pleasant surprise to us because we were used to eating hamburgers and chicken fingers for 5 days at Disney. It was worth the 18.99/each IMHO. We did the regular breakfast buffet for the next day instead of the character breakfast. It was nothing special but there was a lot of variety. It was $9.95/adults and $6.95/kids (drinks included).

Hope you have a good time. We sure did. Can't wait to go back (hopefully for a longer time).