PDA

View Full Version : My dear daughter...

mickey&missy
07-10-2007, 09:33 PM
:sob::fit::pout:

OMG! My 6 year old just had a hystercial crying fit! Ya want to know why?!

Because she just can't possibly wait until March to go to WDW!

Her life is going to end, apparently! March is too far away! It doesn't matter that we will be there on her actual 7th birthday. She needs to go to WDW, now, tomorrow! She can't wait to go on all her favorite rides, see Mickey and the princesses, stay in the hotel on the monorail, etc, etc...

I have to say, usually I'm pretty in control as a parent. But this was something I wasn't sure how to handle. I tried to explain that March will be here before she knows it, that we'll be there on her birthday etc but she wasn't having any of it. I couldn't really say, "Mommy wants to go now too" that would look bad and make it worse!

She did calm down. I guess she was waiting to see if I gave in and said "Ok, lets go!"

OMG! Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else?!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Having one :fit: right now! (Me, that is... :funny:) And I have no excuse cause I just got back, but that was a month ago.......

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
:mickey: If I may give my opinion...tell her how much you want to be there too...for crying out loud let her see your excitement...share your joy and anticipation...look...we drive down from MD every year...we leave early on Friday morning, stay in a Holiday Inn in Georgia on Friday night and then end up in WDW sometime the next morning...this past June 2007 we were in our beds...DD and DS in one bed and DH and DW in the other...it is about 12midnight and the kids are that excited tired...you know what I mean...I felt like yelling, just go to sleep...I couldn't...I whispered to my wife, ask me out loud if I'm asleep yet...she looked at me crazy and said honey are you asleep yet...I giggled like a school boy and replied jeez...no...I'm to excited...just like the commercial...and boy was I ever...and I'm a 38 year old man...we all had a great laugh...my point is, that it was the understanding and the sharing of emotions that released just enough tension to allow everyone to relax and drift off to sleep...go ahead and tell her jeez how excited you are too!!!

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

mickeys_princess_mom
07-10-2007, 10:44 PM
:mickey: If I may give my opinion...tell her how much you want to be there too...for crying out loud let her see your excitement...share your joy and anticipation...look...we drive down from MD every year...we leave early on Friday morning, stay in a Holiday Inn in Georgia on Friday night and then end up in WDW sometime the next morning...this past June 2007 we were in our beds...DD and DS in one bed and DH and DW in the other...it is about 12midnight and the kids are that excited tired...you know what I mean...I felt like yelling, just go to sleep...I couldn't...I whispered to my wife, ask me out loud if I'm asleep yet...she looked at me crazy and said honey are you asleep yet...I giggled like a school boy and replied jeez...no...I'm to excited...just like the commercial...and boy was I ever...and I'm a 38 year old man...we all had a great laugh...my point is, that it was the understanding and the sharing of emotions that released just enough tension to allow everyone to relax and drift off to sleep...go ahead and tell her jeez how excited you are too!!!

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN
I was just kidding before...I know you were asking for help here...My friend above has a good point. Let her know you feel the same way. Maybe you could let her help you make a countdown calendar, and insert some "special Disney days" to do Disney things (watch movies...shop for certain items...watch the planning videos.....make lists....pack....). Good luck. :wave:

EvilQueensRock
07-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I am in a similar situation, but I managed to convince DD we're going when school is out next June, not over winter break in January. What I'm really wondering about: next couple of weeks she'll be in Sarasota with her grandparents, and I'm thinking she's probably going to put two and two together and start begging for WDW since "but we're in Florida!".
The other trick she's pulled out of the hat (she's also 6) is wanting to be there on her birthday in December. I would love nothing more than to take her for her birthday, but my company blocks out vacations from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day (although, I asked nicely and am able to take New Year's Eve off - no vacation pay, don't care, going to WDW!)
Going off of that, and this may be a dumb question: While we're there, since my January trip will be a combination of birthday and christmas celebration (Don't worry, I won't leave her dry on her birthday and Christmas! Santa's coming!), can we get her the birthday button one day without having to prove it's her actual birthday?:princess:

Mickey91
07-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Can we get her the birthday button one day without having to prove it's her actual birthday?:princess:
I think it would be fine. Disney never asks for proof. Beyond that, I think that Disney knows that we can't always make it on the exact day. We have even been given a cake at Garden Grill when they knew DD bday was a diferent day! They know it is all about making the kids feel special! Just tell them you are celebrating her birthday and they will give you a button. No question asked.:mickey: