PDA

View Full Version : Martin Luther King Weekend

Aunt Kitty's friend
07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Can anyone tell me if the parks are busy the week leading up to Martin Luther King weekend. We are trying to go in the value season, after the kids are back in school from Christmas break and before Mardi Gras. Thanks for your help!

Darbylew
07-10-2007, 10:26 PM
We have been during the Martin Luther King
weekend and it was not busy. It is a nice time
to go to WDW. I will tell you that it sometimes
can be very cold at that time of year. We live
in Florida and the weather can change at any
time. Take some warm clothes just in case.
One year we ended up buying gloves and caps
while we were there. :mickey:

Dicecatt262
07-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Well, sort of...I like going in September, so to me, MLK weekend last January was busy. It wasn't so much the ride waits...if you are smart and use fast pass and plan your days, you'll still get on with 20 minutes or less. But there were crowds on the sidewalks and the streets of the parks, much more than I had anticipated. And normally I don't go to EMH, but I was thinking, why not, it was me and my sister with no kids so we went. And at 12:30, closing at 1 AM, there was still a 30 minute wait for Space...I don't wait 30 minutes in the peak of the day. So I do have to say it was much more busy than I had expected, for January. I still think it is better, than, say, labor day, or Memorial Day. I'd go again on that weekend, and I would not go on most other holiday weekends. I hope that helps a little...

kaerbear178
07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
We got there on MKL weekend in 06. It's wasn't too busy but it wasn't what I expected for crowds. With fastpasses we still ended up waiting something like 45 minutes for Space Mountain. Peter Pan had a 20 minute wait time posted and it took 70 minutes to get in. As soon as the weekend was over we didn't have a lot of wait times at any park. I would definately go back during that week - maybe because it's also my birthday week. :party:

LoriMistress
07-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I would avoid going to MK on MLK Day because there will be many locals that will go this park. Epcot might be iffy...but I'm sure it would be a lot better than MK.

Aunt Kitty's friend
07-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks for your replies. We have moved our trip up so that we will be leaving WDW on the Saturday morning before MLK day. Hopefully by doing this we will be gone before the crowds appear.:mickey: