PDA

View Full Version : Why are you going to WDW this year?

Mickey91
07-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Okay, for my 800th post, I am asking what seems to be a stupid question. Why are you going to WDW this year? Are you celebrating? Has it been forever and you just couldn't take it a minute more? Is it your Honeymoon? I thought it would be fun to see the responses!:mickey:

Well guys, this was suppose to be a poll. It is storming here and the poll didn't post. Oh well! Now you're not limited to my silly answers!

GottaluvTiggr
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
We are going to Disney World because we love Disney and we are going in September and you just can't beat the free dinning plan! :minnie2::mickey2::goofy2::tigger::dale::chip:

Tynkerbelle
07-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Just our annual WDW getaway - 109 days and counting!

GrumpyFan
07-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Because it's been almost a whole year since we had our "fix" of the "magic".

58 more days!

ibrowse17
07-10-2007, 06:36 PM
We saw a show on the Travel Channel with Samantha Brown touring WDW during the holidays, and DW said we were going. With my marching orders in hand, I set up the trip:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
We are going as a "grand gathering" for Christmas. What better place to spend time with family than Disney world? My kids have never seen WDW at Christmas so it should be fun for everyone!!! I also need a Disney fix, since I haven't been since June of 2006. :minnie:

AllDisney
07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I need my"fix" of Disney....plus free dining!

mouseketeer mom
07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
The holidays around here have become more and more stressful with the families over time. We chose a Thanksgiving getaway this year! Starting a new tradition, just for the five of us. Honestly tho, I could pretty much come up with a reason for a trip to WDW any time of year!!!!

T-Belle
07-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Congrats :cheer:on the 800th post!!!

My DD and I went together last year and had such a wonderful time together that we decided to go again. Not a whole lot of arm twisting involved!

The week that we are there is on the cusp of Free dining and MNSSHP and since my DD has never been it seamed like the perfect time. We have always enjoyed a close relationship and now that she is a young woman and Disney crazy like her mother, we really have a great time together.

#1disneyfan
07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
We go annually when able. Need our fix of the magic and the mouse!

By the way...we leave in 2 days :mjump:!!!

kathiep
07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Why not go? ;)

We get vacation time anyway, does anywhere else even begin to compare.

66 more days.

kaerbear178
07-10-2007, 06:58 PM
We are going on our Disneymoon in Dec! I've spent more time planning the trip than my actual wedding. :oops:

Jen66
07-10-2007, 07:02 PM
My 12 year old DS wanted to go, so we leave in 5 days for a week in WDW! It sounds simplistic that we let a little girl decide, but DH and I aren't sure how long she will be a disney nut so we thought we better go while she still wants to be seen with us!
Next year DS (10) gets to pick our vacation spot!

playdead88
07-10-2007, 07:04 PM
because its the most awesome place on earth.

Belle--86
07-10-2007, 07:09 PM
We are going this year to celebrate DD'S 8th grade graduation:grad: , our youngest DD's:girl: last year of freedom-- she starts kindergarten in Sept. and DH's birthday:party:. So in 8 days let the party begin:woohoo::woohoo:

MizMissy
07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
We are going to WDW in September because it will be my DS4's (will be five before the trip) first trip (and our first trip together as a family)!
My son has some special needs and I thought the crowds and all of Disney being Disney may be too much stimulation for him. So, last year I took my DD for her first trip to Disney because I was worried she would be too old and the magic have passed her by before we could take a trip with the whole family. Well, after seeing how limited the crowds were last September and how excited my son was when he saw the pictures and heard his sister's stories and since he's doing so well in therapy - I thought he deserved a trip to WDW.
I'm really excited about our trip. And, since I found Intercot after I returned from my last trip, I am now Disney obsessed and want to return to the magic - just for my own selfish reasons. :secret:

pixiegoose
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
We're going in September because I'm a Disney addict who's converted her husband and who can say no to free dining? And somehow we actually had the money and I convinced my husband to be irresponsible and not use it for grown up stuff, like saving it.

diznee_buzz
07-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Because the last 4 times we've gone to Orlando, it's been for other things and we've only been able to "squeeze in" a day at a park here or there (3/04 spring training; 4/04 convention; 3/06 spring training; 3/07 a wedding in Tampa). So I said "Enough of putting disney as a 2nd priority! We're staying at the Polynesian!" Actually, I said "We're staying at Pop!" and my DH said "If we're going to really do it, let's go all out!"

Then my parents jumped on board - as they've had to make Disney 2nd priority while in Central Florida the last few years as well. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Annual trip. Been going every year since DW went into remission and its time to celebrate that again. :mickey::mickey::thumbsup::mickey::mickey:

tadshome
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
We are going because we love Disney. It truly is the happiest place on earth:cloud9: couldn't imagine life without Disney

GreenBeetle
07-10-2007, 07:52 PM
We're not doing WDW this year . . . but we are doing our first Disney Cruise!!!
:woohoo: :joy: :yay: 52 more days!!

Florida Dreamer
07-10-2007, 08:06 PM
We did a Disney Cruise in March for a first time cruise and knew the Disney cruise would be a perfect way to experience a cruise. We are going to WDW in 2 weeks with DB and DSIL for an adult trip with no kids. We are really looking forward to experiencing it all as 4 big kids!

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Well, I have three reasons actually.

1. DGD's first trip -- May 6-18

2. Belated honeymoon without kids, 1st anniversary!! -- Aug 11-16

3. Everyone's first Christmas trip!! -- Dec 15-21
Well, almost everyone, three of them backed out on us.

31 and 156 more days

Gottaluvgoof
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm going because my DH gave me the trip for my bday! :party: Honestly though, I go every year and I probably would have gone even if he hadn't given it to me :D It was a nice gift though, and he can't take a gift back, so September 7, get here! :mickey:

princessimagineer
07-10-2007, 08:20 PM
whyyyyyyyyy not ? :)

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
:mickey: IN JUNE 2007 WE WENT FOR OUR ANNUAL VACATION...DH, DW, DD, AND DS ...CAN'T THINK OF ANY PLACE ELSE ON EARTH WE WOULD EVEN CONSIDER...?
:santa: WE ARE GOING AGAIN IN NOVEMBER 2007 :candy: TO EXPERIENCE A LITTLE TASTE OF CHRISTMAS WITH OUR FAVORITE FAMILY :deer: I REALLY WANTED TO GO FOR CHRISTMAS, BUT MY DW, DD, AND DS ALL AGREE SOME TRADITIONS ARE BETTER UNTOUCHED...I'LL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET :santa3:

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

TennesseeTink
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Actually we started planning a grownups only trip for 3-4 days. I put a deposit down at WL to surprise DH on our 10th anniversary. Then I felt bad not taking the kids. DD9 talks about WDW every single day. So we downgraded our resort to a moderate to make up the difference of paying for 2 more tickets. Then we extended it to a whole week... so Pop Century here we come!!! LOL

LoriMistress
07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
We're going because we haven't been to WDW in 4 years. The last time we were there when we were celebrating our honeymoon. So we're celebrating our four year anniversery. We're going around Christmas because I figured since we never been during December, I'm sure the park even more beautiful with the Christmas decorations.

LoriMistress
07-10-2007, 08:37 PM
:mickey: IN JUNE 2007 WE WENT FOR OUR ANNUAL VACATION...DH, DW, DD, AND DS ...CAN'T THINK OF ANY PLACE ELSE ON EARTH WE WOULD EVEN CONSIDER...?
:santa: WE ARE GOING AGAIN IN NOVEMBER 2007 :candy: TO EXPERIENCE A LITTLE TASTE OF CHRISTMAS WITH OUR FAVORITE FAMILY :deer: I REALLY WANTED TO GO FOR CHRISTMAS, BUT MY DW, DD, AND DS ALL AGREE SOME TRADITIONS ARE BETTER UNTOUCHED...I'LL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET :santa3:

Please do not use caps. It comes across as screaming and it's difficult to read when it's all in caps.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Please do not use caps. It comes across as screaming and it's difficult to read when it's all in caps.

:mickey: Thanks for the advice...sure don't want to offend anyone... :thumbsup:

Rica
07-10-2007, 09:25 PM
We are going this Dec. so my 2 DS, DH, and myself can experience Christmas in Disney. My DH and 3 yr. old DS first time. What a trip this will be! We can't wait!:santa:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Because we go every year. ;)

Can't wait for our annual trip that starts on September 13th. :mickey:

65 days.....

tinksmom02
07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
We're going in September because the free dining just sounded too good to pass up, and for some stange reason (that I still can't figure out!), DH agreed that another trip is in order! LOL

Plus, DD is turning 5 in August, and we told her the trip is her birthday present. I know, too far out to get her birthday button in the world, but it's her birthday trip anyway!

MickeysEars
07-10-2007, 09:59 PM
:mickey:Because after my husband said we couldn't go until 2008 because we just bought a house,I said "OH NO!" I started Home Interiors and raised in just 3 months!!! I must go to DISNEY!

berri_boo
07-10-2007, 10:01 PM
We're going for a two reasons......

1: We just had to go back again

&

2: This trip is our last big trip for a very long time because we want to start a family :babyroll:

We both agreed to go on one last big (17 day) trip because it will be awhile before we can afford something like that again!

135 days & counting! :wait:

LovinWDW
07-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Why not?;)

Actually this year we are missing our annual 2 week July trip due to our newest addition to the family, our 3 month old DD. She will be with us in Oct though for MNSSHP. Can't wait.:thumbsup:

jsw123
07-10-2007, 10:22 PM
My entire family is going (IN TEN DAYS!!!). My Dad retired in June and we have planned this trip to celebrate/ coincide with that! 2 Grandparents (Nana and Grandpa), 3 sisters with 3 husbands. 4 grandchildren (5, 3, 1, 1). The spoiling will know no limits!!!

So excited!!!!!!!!!:mickey::party:

snifflesmcg
07-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Free Dining! It made the deciding factor since we were suppost to do a cruise instead.

Lacy
07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Mom, sister, and I were planning a girls trip and always had WDW as our number one option. With the free dining we really couldn't resist!

57 Days and Counting!!

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Besides just because it's Disney? :mickey::thumbsup:

We're going because my dad has a heart condition and therefore spends the winters in Florida. He's been doing this for many years, and as such I we never get to spend major holidays together. In 2003 we missed each other, so I came down for a few days in December for my birthday/Christmas. We decided that we were going to make it our holiday tradition and do it every year. Thanks to my own medical issues, I haven't made it down since. :( So, this year I decided we were getting back on track. My boyfriend decided he couldn't let me have all that fun without him, so we're taking him on his first Disney trip over the week of my birthday!

Woo hoo!!

Mikey Piano 23
07-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I am going with the person I love most in the world...my girlfriend. She has been really stressed out going to grad school and she really needs a great vacation! (Although it will be far from relaxing).

Caroleh
07-11-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm going to WDW for my 50th birthday, because you can't grow older at Disney!!!!:) Plus it will be all decorate for Christmas!!

Jeri Lynn
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Why? Well....I plan to go to Disney at least once a year for as long as I possibly can!! Our last family trip was in 2005 and when I do not go with my family I go on a "girls" trip. Sometimes it's my sister and I, sometimes it's my sister, my cousin and me.

This year it will be my sister, my 3rd daughter who is 16 and her best friend.

My sister and I were hoping our DH's would surprise us with a trip like they did last year, just a long weekend, but it has not happened yet...we are still hoping!!

IloveJack
07-11-2007, 08:23 AM
We're going for a two reasons......

1: We just had to go back again

&

2: This trip is our last big trip for a very long time because we want to start a family :babyroll:!

You sound much like us. When we had a small honeymoon, we promised ourselves that we'd always go on vacation on our anniversary. However, we didn't have the money this year, so I volunteered to teach summer school :teach:, and :joy: we've got the money! Since we're also wanting to start a family soon :babyroll:, and I refuse to go to Disney while preggers and not ride ToT and RnRC, we're going to WDW for our 2nd anniversary! It'll be DH's second trip, but first in 17 years (he remembers only IASW and chili in EPCOT), and my fourth trip, but first in 6 years.

Actually... three days from right now, we'll be on the plane!
:pixie:

January-2007
07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
2007 is our year. We got married in January and had purchased annual passes in October 2006 to have all year... So...

1.) October 2006- technically not this year, but within a year, right? We decided to take a pre wedding trip and left the next day. Very spur of the moment.
2.) January 2007- our Honeymoon!!
3.) May 2007- my parents are DVC members and that's when they were taking their trip. Since we have annual passes we could go on the cheap, it was great! Loved the Flower and Garden Festival!
4.) September 2007- squeezing in one last trip before the annual pass expires. Original plans were to return in October, but Free Dining was too good to pass up so that's when we're going. Can't wait to be there again!

In conclusion.. Mostly we went to WDW this year because we got married this year. Everything revolves around that. Since we were going on our Honeymoon in WDW (where else??) it made since to make this year even more special by purchasing annual passes and the rest just sort of fell into place. There's a fair chance that we won't be returning to WDW until 2009 so we have to make a lot of memories to fill in that time!

Great thread by the way, it's a lot of fun to see why everyone's going!

LandFan
07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Because we can't take missing a year!! I thought we were going to miss it this year because I took a year off and went back to school for a certification and I didn't have a promise of a job to return to. It turns out I did get a good teaching job for the fall so we will have the $$ to go back! I made ressies for over Thanksgiving break.

I made the ressies the day after I got my job offer :D I made a room only ressie since I won't have my salaried paycheck back until the first week of September. God I miss my salary paychecks!!

Oh, and DH is just as bad as I am - he can't wait to go back either!

k_reile
07-11-2007, 09:13 AM
DH and I are going because it has just been too long...and yes I could not take it anymore. It has been since 1998 for me and for DH 1986 when he was 5yrso old.

DawsonAR
07-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I would go NUTS if I didn't get at least one trip a year. :mickey:

DisneyCrazed580
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Just for the fun of it and we're homesick for Disney World. We came home from our last trip on Jan 7, 2007 and it's way too long!!!

krose78
07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
With my husband and son in school now we couldn't get spring breaks to line up so we figured the only other time would be christmas as we have done summer and didn't like it. Plus it will be nice spending the holidays together as a family and not having to split our day between grandparents, just between minnie and mickey. Lol

Fantasmic
07-11-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm not going to WDW this year, I haven't been since 2005

Anyone who remembers me from when I used to post lots will know how **** this has been for me. I was used to going EVERY year without fail.

The last time I was in WDW they were still building Everest.

Darin M
07-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm going with my girlfriend for our second year anniversary. We also went for our first year anniversary for our first time ever and we loved it so much that we have now become like most of you who go year after year.

Mickey91
07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I forgot to tell you why we were going!:doh:

First - we are trying to go at least once every year and this will be it for this year.:cheer: :minnie:

Second - when we found out that the first MNSSHP was on our anniversary, well, we had to plan it for then!:groom::bride::hug:

Third - FREE DINING!!!!!:pizza::tasty:

robyn221
07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
A few months before my daughter turned 6, she informed us she wanted a baby sister for her birthday. When we explained to her that certain time restraints made it impossible for us to produce a baby sister on such short notice and that she could just as easily end up with another brother rather than the requested sister, she said she would settle for a Disney Cruise instead. We told her that her chances of going on a Disney Cruise far outweighed her chances of getting another sibling.

While not exactly the requested cruise, CJ will be getting a surprise trip to WDW in late September for her 9th birthday. She has an older brother with mild autism and has always been (mostly) very understanding about his needs and how sometimes we have to do things based on what's best for him. So every year, her birthday becomes the :woohoo: Five-Day Birthday Extravaganza:party:. We hadn't been able to go back to WDW since our last visit in Nov 2003 and package and airline tickets are priced to make it really feasible this year.

We're trying very hard to make sure it stays a secret until we leave. We're even sending the kids to school that day, only to check them out later that morning for a "just remembered" dental appointment (Don't worry -- we'll clue the teachers in ahead of time). We're going to see how long it takes her and her brother to figure it out after we reach the airport.

My husband and I are really excited that so far our plans have all come together (including dinner at Cinderella's Castle on CJ's birthday) and are really looking forward to this trip. But mostly I think we can't wait to see CJ and her brother's reaction.

Robyn:pixie:

Dedivah
07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Our 3 Wedding Anniversary.

Joanna
07-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Because it's "The Happiest Place on Earth" for us...literally. We can't stay away. We've planned 4 trips this year!

mainemajor
07-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Because it's there :mickey::high5::clappy::cheers::pixie:
No, this year one of our DS's is paying for the entire family to go. He is working and his brother is off at school most of the time. Son #2 has a friend visiting from Germany and she's going, too.
She's never been and its been several years for the boys. DW and I went last year in time for the food and wine festival :party:

NJRRK
07-11-2007, 04:24 PM
1 - Because we haven't been in 11 years (I was there every year from 1976 to 1984).

2 - DD17 will probably not be able to join us after this year.

3 - DS12 HAS NEVER BEEN THERE.

4 - I got a good bonus this year at work.

So - Y Not?

cknorr28
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Who needs a reason? :mickey:

33 days and counting

carousel301
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
We are going because our 2 year old has never been. Our 7 year has not been since she was 2. And because I LOVE all things Disney.

GrmGrninGost
07-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Our 16th wedding anniversary! :mickey: And the free dining didn't hurt!

SimbaandNalasMama
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
miss and love Disney, to visit my CM sister, to go to Epcot Wine and Food and to go to MNSSHP!!! whew, thats a lot of reasons!! :mickey:

fielin
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I came in march to celebrate my 30th birthday, and to realize a childhood dream, with my boyfriend.

It was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip... And here I am, planning for October 2008, and bringing two friends along with my boyfriend.

DisneyorBust
07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
You need a reason to go to WDW?:scratch:
Well, I need to see the joy on the faces of my family. (and on me when I'll look in a mirror!):D

jraczes
07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
We'll the first time I went was with my wife(10 years ago) and we LOVED it, think I want to retire there! Well 10 years later I'm not with my wife anymore but have a DD10 and a DS7 and I'm taking them myself for 7 days. They have never been on a plane and it's been over 20 years since I've been on one. But I know the 3 of us will have an great time! I want my children to experience what I experienced 10 years ago,MAGIC!

Lizzie
07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
We needed to take a vacation and weren't sure where. And we couldn't pass up on the deal with free dinning and with the deal we got on airline tickets.

johnO
07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
We've gone Feb 06 and Feb o7. Before that we hadn't gone since 1999. We weren't even sure if we were going to go again for a few years but "free dining" happened. Now we're going this September! :number1:

62 days left!!!:thumbsup:

lin555593
07-11-2007, 08:22 PM
:mickey::number1: We we're originally going for our 5th consecutive winter vacation, but now it's turned into taking my niece and nephew for the 1st time trip. I can't wait to show them DW!!!!! My niece and I are doing the Dolphins in Depth Tour. :D

beksy
07-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Let me start by saying that given about 30 seconds I could come up with a half dozen convincing reasons to go :blush: but the actual reasons are:

1. Its been WAY too long since we've been there (almost 10 years!) :drama:
2. My sister graduated from high school last year and turned 18 so this is her BIG celebration (she's been requesting it since the last time we were there but with me in school I haven't been able to swing it) :grad:
3. I turned 25 in April so my BIG belated birthday present to myself! :cake:
4. I just finished working a year at my first full time job! :cheer:
5. I'm starting law school next August so this is our last opportunity to go for awhile and we didn't want to miss it.
6. I get to go with my 2 best friends in the world (mom and sis) so what could be better than spending a week with just the 3 of us in the happiest place on Earth? :trio:

With so many reasons we couldn't pass up the opportunity!

nicole48040
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
My husband's sister lives in Florida and is getting married this November. So, I convinced hubby to make the trip our long overdue family vacation as well. Thanks Ladawn! I love WDW and am so glad that something lit a fire under my husband's backside:cloud9:

pianobabe
07-11-2007, 11:02 PM
We are going to WDW this year for several reasons. First my husband and I have a mutual love for Disney. September 15th will be our Second Anniversary and WDW is the best place to spend time together. After/During our September trip we are planning on having a baby:baby:, so this is going to be a special trip with just the two of us before it becomes the four of us (DS is 15). This trip will probably be our last for a couple of years.

kbwatzka
07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
My children are 7, 5 and 2. Santa Clause will be bringing a surprise trip to WDW for Christmas this year. We will be staying at the WL from January 1st through the 7th. My oldest is dangerously close to losing his faith in Santa. I fear that we may only have one year left where he truly believes. If that ends up being the reality, I wanted to make sure that Santa really delivered something magical this year.

avantgardeinker
07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
We're going because we didn't get to go last year (first time to miss in 6 years) and we missed it HORRIBLY!!!

147 more days!!
:mickey:

ftwildernesskid
07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
We're going in November to celebrate my husband's return from his deployment in Kuwait. He's been gone 16 months. He'll be home 2 weeks, then off to Disney! I can't think of a better treat for the whole family.

spoiledraf
07-12-2007, 12:38 PM
We're going because the fishing here stinks and I plan on doing some serious Bass fishing on the stocked lakes. As you can tell by my screne name, my wife lets me get my way a lot. :thumbsup:

Goofy Pluto
07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, my wife, who's not the world's biggest Disney fan, is the one who suggested it, a SHOCK to me. :jaw: It's always been our plan that we wouldn't go to WDW again until our youngest was in grammar school, so we wouldn't have to worry about strollers, diapers, how late we could stay out, etc. That would put us at about 2012/2013 for our next trip.

But we got to talking and figured that would not be fair to our oldest, who is 4 now and will turn 5 during our trip. By the time we went again, she'd be 9 or 10 and my wife just thought it would mean more to her to go at a younger age, since she loves Playhouse Disney, the princesses, Winnie the Pooh, etc. So we planned it for this year, for her.

A couple of other factors played in:

1. My wife is NOT a hot/humid weather person. As my oldest daughter starts kindergarden in fall 2008, this really is our last opportunity to go with the kids out of season between this fall and next spring and not have to go during the summer. We originally looked at this past May, but that wasn't enough time to plan/save. Then we REALLY wanted to go in Sept to get free dining, but we planned a trip to the Outer Banks last fall with my family, so we didn't want to go two trips either back to back or so close together. So trying to go off season and before our daughter goes to school, we picked this year.

2. I've always wanted to go down there during Christmas time and, again, this would be our last chance for a LOOOOOONG time. So we planned it right after Thanksgiving.

So, those are our reasons.

BigG007
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Why are you going to WDW this year?

Why Not

DizNee143
07-12-2007, 02:12 PM
it says it in my signature..but...ya..
Petes (my fiance) cousin is getting married at the Beach club and Pete is the Best Man..so of course i wasnt gonna let him go to Disney without me!! lol then it turned into a whole family trip...my parents, my sister and her hubby and petes parents will be there too...i cant wait!! only like 4 months to go!!! :mickey:

disneycouple2004
07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Wedding Anniversary...3rd year !...we were married at Disney and try to return each year to celebrate :D

Kairi_7378
07-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Disney was suposed to be our honeymoon location. Then DH got a new job and they wouldn't give him more than 2 days off for a honeymoon.
So on our 5 year anniversary, he suggested, out of the blue, "Let's go to Disney World! We never got to take that trip!" I went on my first adult trip. Sometime on our first night, during Fantasmic, I fell in love with Disney World.
DH was interviewing for a new job, and he said, "If I get this job, we are going to Disney World." Well, he got the job. His offer letter says, "I guess you'll be going to Disney World" in it.

mrsgaribaldi
07-12-2007, 06:16 PM
There's no other place to go, that's why:thumbsup:;)

Disney Maniac
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
We are going because we LOVE Disney!! Without WDW our lifes would be very boring.

pixiesmimi
07-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Because I have been hooked again with taking all my grandchildren in the last 2 years and love it now. I have been wanting to go so bad this year and my DH said we weren't going back unless we could go just the two of us because we have never taken a trip with just the two of us. I was game for that! When free dining came along, I joked with him about us being able to stay at a value resort for so little. He said that was great and he was game but then decided if we were going to do it, we might as well do it right. Also our 36th anniversary is in August. So we are staying at the CBR for our anniversary.:hug: 44 more days!:mickey:

Also, when invited in June to go with DD and her family, who had never been with children, I couldn't turn down the invitation:cloud9: and loved every minute of it!

CandleontheWater
07-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Because I live 2 1/2 hours away and my annual pass is burning a hole in my pocket!

By the time December rolls around I will have taken 9 trips to Disney this year. That works out to $10.79 a day for tickets! How's that for a discount! :cool:

TennesseeTink
07-12-2007, 07:26 PM
We're going in November to celebrate my husband's return from his deployment in Kuwait. He's been gone 16 months. He'll be home 2 weeks, then off to Disney! I can't think of a better treat for the whole family.

I just wanted to say thank you to you, your husband and your family for the sacrifices you've made for our country!!! :flag: And tell your husband thanks for his service. He's a hero in my eyes!

BMan62
07-12-2007, 08:08 PM
We went in February for three reasons (maybe four):

DW birthday -3/9 (50)
My birthday - 1/20 (45)
Valentine's Day (that was the week we were there)
??Mid-Winter break from PA - the worst storm of the year left over one foot of ice while we were in WDW.

I was hoping to make it back down in September, but DW said once a year was enough. Now, we are waiting for next April and the announcement (hopefully) of the free dining plan for the summer value season.

septembergirl
07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
We had to cancel our trip last year for financial reasons and I have been driving my husband crazy ever since! My birthday week was when they offered Free Dining to Visa cardholders so I began an email campaign to my husband sending him links of photos from WDW - parades, his favorite rides and especially photos of little girls posing with princesses. I knew that would get him to thinking about seeing my daughter getting to meet her favorite princesses and he would crack:plot:. It worked so WDW, here we come!!!:cloud9:

mickey&missy
07-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Because where else would we go?

DH is going away next month, alone. I get to stay home with our 6 yo, 4 yo, and the baby who will be 2.5 months at the time. He'll be spending the week sailing the Sunfish World Championships and we're VERY proud of him for qualifying to go. I told him that if he is going away we're all going away in March. I didn't mention WDW, although thats what I was going for ;). He's the one that suggested WDW. Then a few days later, with no knowledge of our early plans, my MIL asked me we if all wanted to go together next spring. I told her our plans for March and it turned into a grand gathering with the 5 of us, MIL and FIL and SIL and her DH!!

Our trip is March 8th - 15th. DD will turn 7 on the 9th and DH will turn 33 on the 14th.

jenperich
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
First of all, we're going in November because I LOVE Disney. But, also, my boyfriend hasn't been since before MGM opened, and hated anything fast when he was there. So, I thought it was high time that he gets there, and fast! So, we're spending 8 nights/9 days there at POFQ. I'm hoping he proposes there. I have dropped some HEAVY hints and am just hoping that it happens there. Wish me luck. :)

mook3y
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
For us, this makes 3 years in a row! Think were getting hooked? :D

Well this year, we managed to talk friends with children almost the same age as ours to come and stay with us for our first stay in our DVC! Their kids first trip to WDW!

It's going to be a blast! :party:

Bubbie Girl
07-13-2007, 10:26 AM
We leave in 12 days for an adult only trip with DBIL and DSIL. We are really looking forward to some time away with them and to just have some fun. DH and I have been having some really stressful things going on with oldest DD and jobs and can really use some away time and what could be more fun than going to WDW. We are very grateful to DBIL for suggesting this trip:clappy:

Belle619
07-13-2007, 10:55 AM
We are going in January to celebrate:
1. My dad's new hip (he had total joint replacement in April) :walk:
2. My parents first trip in 35 years!
3. My sister's new job.

AdventurerKim
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
We are going in November (126 days and counting thanks to the Intercot countdown clock! :thumbsup:) bc we love it, we went to Hawaii in May and had to sacrifice a WDW trip bc of finances (totally worth it! Loved Hawaii!), and we won't have been since the same time last year. I'd go today if I could!:mickey:

Cinderelley
07-13-2007, 11:55 AM
My friend has had a really, really bad year. All she talked about was sitting on a beach somewhere with cabana boys bringing her drinks with umbrellas in them. Well, it would take too long to get her a passport to leave the country to some island, so we're hitting Caribbean Beach Resort instead.

psychotekkie
07-13-2007, 03:55 PM
We tried to plan a trip somewhere else, but just couldn't get excited about it. Then one of us (me) mentioned going to Disney instead and suddenly the whole trip plan turned into a Disney trip and now we are just dying with excitement.

CrazyStitch
07-13-2007, 04:33 PM
My first trip in forever was in 2005. Prior to that, my last trip was before Horizons shut down, late '80s sometime. The '05 trip was just my wife and I, sort of as a 2nd honeymoon (married in '95, and went to Chicago for a couple days). I then planned to return last year, with the whole clan in tow, but things fell through and we couldn't go. :( So now, we're all set for this year! :) We'll have all three of our kids (10, 7, and 3) with us, as well as a friend and his son. My wife and I have both been multiple times in the past, but it'll be the first time for everyone else :mickey:

alilprincessmom
07-13-2007, 05:38 PM
We are going because we haven't been in a while and me and my DD are having WDW withdrawals! Plus, we are going during the holidays to celebrate and as part of our gifts to each other!

dog-ears
07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Because we have not been in a couple years and we miss it! :mickey:

And because we can! - I think we are very fortunate that we are able to spend the time and money to enjoy this wonderful place.

Mickey91
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
First of all, we're going in November because I LOVE Disney. But, also, my boyfriend hasn't been since before MGM opened, and hated anything fast when he was there. So, I thought it was high time that he gets there, and fast! So, we're spending 8 nights/9 days there at POFQ. I'm hoping he proposes there. I have dropped some HEAVY hints and am just hoping that it happens there. Wish me luck. :)
I'll be crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that your wish comes true! Here's some pixie dust!:tink::pixie::pixie::pixie::tink: Let us know how it goes!

vamaggie
07-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Because I have the most tolerant DH in the world!!:D And those commercials Disney was running (nonstop is seemed!) late last year got the kids asking "When are we going to WDW again?" (the last time we went was fall 04). DH is not a "fan" of WDW as a vacation (he would prefer fishing in the Rockies) but agreed when I told him we could stay at Poly and not book too many character meals! We have gone about every 3 years so we were due too. I know I am going to get a lot of grief for saying this but we like not going every year--it seems to make it more special for the kids and me and more tolerant for DH and the budget.

IDreamofEeyore
07-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Simply because we LOVE the place! It's the one place we can all go (7 - 66) and live like we're kids again!! And we'll be there in 5 Days!!!! Yippeeee!!! :mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
We went this year (last month) because we go EVERY year.:blush:
At least every year since 1991!! ;)

Our daughter is 17 and thinks she has a constitutional right to go to WDW at least once a year...:mickey:

Tink&Goofy
07-13-2007, 10:02 PM
because its what we do!!

Last year we went because we bought into DVC. This year we didn't have any points, so we are going to DL. So.....we did an add-on and we are going back next year. Oh, so THATS how it works!! Add-on...take a trip!! How many more DVC resorts can I add on???.....I think our annual trips will be safe for awhile. LOL :laughing:

Magic Smiles
07-13-2007, 10:11 PM
We or should I say Me - are going to see the Christmas Decorations as we have never been during this timeframe. DH and DS would have gone in Apr/May again, but I really really want to see the decorations. Can't wait :joy:

Disney Yankee
07-13-2007, 11:08 PM
We just got back from Disney, :mickey: and we're already planning our 2008 trip!!! We went for my birthday and DS birthday.:party: It was the best!!! We really don't need a reason to go to Disney though...It's just the best place on earth.:cloud9:

jszczur5
07-14-2007, 01:30 AM
I am going to WDW this year because I dream about Soarin' and ToT. I mean, in my dreams, I can literally experience the sensations of these rides, and wake up feeling so happy.
Free Dining is an especially nice bonus.
47 days to go...

kakn7294
07-14-2007, 04:58 AM
When we were there in December, they had an offer for free dining if you booked for August or September before check-out.

goon29
07-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Because It Rules!

SBETigg
07-14-2007, 08:40 AM
We were planning a 2008 trip but we could hardly wait and the DH just came home from work one day and said "let's go this year instead." So we're headed to our honeymoon resort, the Grand Floridian, to spend our 17th anniversary there - with our teen kids.

tink2006
07-14-2007, 09:15 AM

First, I want to say thank you to you and your family!I am sure it will be a great family reunion in such a magical place.

we are going because we need a family vacation...just us. Our DS14 will be entering high school and therefore another chapter in his life. We decided to go again before cars and girls completely take over. We have been every year since he was 2 but had to skip last year so we really need that family time in the magic. We leave in three weeks! :number1:

Mousehead35
07-14-2007, 09:19 AM
We try to get there at least once a year, but this year is going to be special as we'll be celebrating my parents 40th anniversary and my birthday! :party:

GottaLvDisney
07-14-2007, 12:11 PM
We saw a show on the Travel Channel with Samantha Brown touring WDW during the holidays, and DW said we were going. With my marching orders in hand, I set up the trip:thumbsup:

Funny, we saw that very same show and it sparked the Disney magic. We've discussed going before, but always said we'd wait until the kids were all big enough. Well, after watching that show, I realized how much I wanted to do a family trip and so I started researching... Now all my research is done and we're heading out this September - can't wait! :party:

kgoulash
07-14-2007, 12:42 PM
because at age 5 we think it will be the perfect year for our son to really enjoy the magic!
we took him at 2 but that was just his introduction!

StitchLuvr
07-14-2007, 03:17 PM
:cloud9: Because we're Disney nuts! :D

I'd love to go when all the decorations are up, but before the crowds hit....so hopefully in December of 08 we'll be doing a land/sea deal right around then when you can get value rates.

I wish I could LIVE at Disney!! :fan:

BronxTigger
07-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Why am I going? Why not?

goofygirl67
07-14-2007, 04:58 PM
First off I go because it's my happy place. :cloud9:I've been a couple of times already this year and more are coming up.
Feb 07-- 40th birthday and P&P party
May/June 07-- EPCOT'S F&G festival/ SWW
Aug 07-- P&P party (weekend)
Sept 07-- MNSSHP
Dec 07-- Christmas celebrations

countrycharmer
07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
JUST BECAUSE:mickey: Our whole family loves to go and have fun as a family....no matter what we all have fun...enjoying it before our kids tire of it!!

Mickey91
07-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow! This has been a lot of fun!! It is great to see so many different answers and yet they are all the same: BECAUSE WE CAN!!!:mickey:

luvdiznee
07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
To get away from everyday life. :mickey: And free dining helps! :secret:

Jared
07-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Do we need a reason? A better question would be, "Why aren't you going to Walt Disney World this year?"!

I am especially looking forward to riding the new Spaceship Earth and utilizing the Disney Dining Plan in the winter.