PDA

View Full Version : Missouri

StillSimbaGirl
07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Anybody know anything about Missouri? My DD8 found a camp in Rolla that she wants to go to next summer and I am thinking about coming out with her - and stay for a week. I was thinking of staying at the Lake of the Ozarks...maybe near Osage Beach?

Branson looks fun...but a little far from Rolla. Any advice? Or has anybody heard of Cub Creek Science Camp?

sleepingbooty
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi Simbagirl! I live in Missouri, so I guess I'm qualified to answer. I haven't heard of the camp you mentioned, but Rolla is a nice little college town in a very pretty part of Missouri. You'd be about an hour and a half from St.Louis, where I live, and about 3 hours from Branson. We don't go to the Lake of the Ozarks - its very crowded. Its congested with huge boats from Memorial through Labor day, and is a major "partying" spot - have you ever seen those commercials on cable TV for the Girls Gone Wild videos? Theres actually some areas where that kind of stuff goes on all the time. Fun for some, but not our thing. We spend a lot of time down at Table Rock Lake which is in Branson. Very peaceful, good fishing, much safer for swimming and boating with a family than Lake of the Ozarks, IMHO. Let me know if you have an other questions!