PDA

View Full Version : Ducks at Poly?

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Everytime I stay at CBR one of the highlights for me is the ducks!! Silly I know! I was wondering are there alot of ducks at the poly like there are at CBR? I always pack bread and feed them everynight and would like to know if I should pack some for my trip in Sept at Poly? TIA

Carol
07-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes. There are a lot of ducks at the Polynesian.

pshokie
07-10-2007, 02:00 PM
But watch out for those pesky rabbits!
They also have those little salamanders too!:lizard:

MinniesMom
07-10-2007, 02:50 PM
We had a first floor room facing the lagoon in the Tahiti longhouse. The kids would go out on the patio in the morning with some sort of food and be surrounded by no less then 10 ducks within seconds!

Tinkerbard
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
MY DH did the cutet thing on our honeymoon he named two of the ducks after him and I and took photos of them so we can say we are always in WDW :thumbsup:

MMouse6937
07-10-2007, 03:19 PM
There are lots of ducks on the beach at the Poly. We saw them when we stayed there on our honeymoon. Unlike the CBR though there are signs saying not to feed them. We had some rolls in our room and I used to feed some of them (don't kill me :hide2:) DH has a cool picture of one taking bread out of my hand. Anyhoo, in answer to your question, there are ducks at the Poly, whether you decide to feed them or not. :D

mainemajor
07-12-2007, 10:21 PM
There sure are ducks at the Poly. We took some fantastic photos of them, around the grounds and swimming in the pools. Morning seemed to be their favorite time in the pools since people were not using them then. We saw people feeding them bread and popcorn which they loved.

Polynesian Dweller
07-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Although ducks and other birds like bread its actually not good for them. It causes digestive problems in birds. Many places are actively trying to stop the practice. For example, at Stratford, ON, the home of the famed Shakespeare festival, the waterfowl keepers are trying hard to get people to only feed corn and grains which are unprocessed to the flocks in the river after years of birds getting ill from bread.

This started about 2-3 years ago after it was discovered what was causing the illnesses in the birds.

mickeefan
07-14-2007, 08:38 AM
We saw seveal rabbits also.

gueli
07-15-2007, 09:15 AM
"Polynesian Dweller -Although ducks and other birds like bread its actually not good for them. It causes digestive problems in birds.

Agreed. My DW educated me on this when we 1st met.

There is a local feed store around here that sells pellets for the ducks (we have a large county park nearby).
My DD 5 loves to feed them, and some of them will come up and take it right out of your hand
(watch those fingers though)
:mickey:

Momof2boys
07-16-2007, 09:30 AM
We woke up to the ducks in the quiet pool almost every morning on our last 2 trips.

We also saw an armadillo walking around which the boys thought was VERY cool !