PDA

View Full Version : IASW...Creepy to anyone else?

DisneyDreams09
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I know the ride is a mainstay and a classic, but somebody back me up here
If you have seen the part in the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, where the puppets go crazy, did'nt IASW kinda creep you out?
I could have been because we were literally the only people on the ride( it was 2 a.m.) and it was amazing all the detail, but honestly I was fearfully anticipating the moment they were going to combust and go crazy.
My DM-i-L, went on it in the 70's, well before the movie came out and she loved it.

Just wondering has anyone else thought this or am I just the Oddball out? :)

Have a great day!:mickey:

ImagiAsh
07-10-2007, 01:30 PM
...but honestly I was fearfully anticipating the moment they were going to combust and go crazy.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I've had visions of that happening for a long time. Love the ride(!), but I just can't help it!!

snifflesmcg
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I think they have more of a "Child's Play" (Chuckie) look to them. I never thought about it until now. But now that you point it out.......

biodtl
07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I know a lot of people find IASW annoying or creepy, but I love it! I can't help but feel happy there.

tadshome
07-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Never thought about it before... you are right they do kind of look like "chuckie" How strange is that?

Lori0963
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
My husband makes me ride it every trip to MK. Our last trip was after the rehab and it looked much better, but I still do not like the ride. It is however a great place to escape from the heat.

WDWfanatic742
07-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Just imagine if you are in the ride with all of the lights off at night and all of a sudden, everything turns on and the little dolls start moving closer and closer.:scared::paranoid::hide::lurk:

Reminds me of the evil doll thread...

MMouse6937
07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Absolutely creepy. Little dolls moving and singing in unison, makes me shudder :(

Not sure if we'll go on it this year again. Try to do it every two or three years just for kicks. We did go on the DL version last year so not sure DH is up to it. :D

NewmanFamily6
07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
While we were there in 2005 one of the bus drivers told my kids as we were getting off "be good for mom and dad so you don't end up with the rest of the bad kids stuck in It's a Small World forever". You could not drag them in there:blush:

MickeysEars
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
It is one of those rides that gives me warm fuzzies from my childhood. I can not go to Disney (land or World) with out riding it. But my DH will get a kick out of you comparing it to Charlie's dolls! :laughing:

Disney Maniac
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
That ride can get very annoying, but it is still a ride I go on every trip!! It is kinda scary to think about the dolls becoming evil. :thedolls:

Chipfan
07-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that finds it creepy. This ride actually gives me nightmares and im 22 years old. I was dragged on this ride the last time we were in the parks I just closed my eyes and put in the ear plugs

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2007, 05:48 PM
No, not really, but I am obsessed with the Eskimo on the right with the blue fish in his hand.

little disney lovers
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
The freaky little dolls don't bother me half as much as the annoying music that sticks in my head for the rest of the day. Oh no, I shouldn't have thought about it, Here goes another day of 'Ittt'sss a smallll world'!.
:mad:

CuteAsMinnie
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Well, we all LOVE Small World!!! However, the entire Charlie Chocolate movie completely creeped me :thedolls:out as a kid and I had no desire - no would I let my kids (14 & 11) see the new version. I remember having nightmares forever!!!

Jasper
07-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Not only do they appear creepy, but those of us on the Just Ask Questions thread know very well that when the park closes the dolls get together and plan the overthrow of the world through the use of their confetti and cotton candy weapons. Oh yeah, the squirrels and ground hogs are in on the plot with the evil dolls as well.:thedolls::thedolls:

Hey, we all have to find something to get us through the day, right. Besides, is it really any more crazy then the JFK assassination theories?

GrmGrninGost
07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
:sorry: Can't agree with that one! The only feelings I get from Small World are happiness and wonder!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
:sorry: Can't agree with that one! The only feelings I get from Small World are happiness and wonder!

:high5: :yes: BIG :fan:

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't know, it never really creeped me out before, but I just read Kingdom Keepers a few months ago, and I'm going to be keeping an eye on them this December.... :secret::thedolls:

moe513
07-10-2007, 08:44 PM
I love this ride. I dont find it creepy at all.

DisneyNut2005
07-10-2007, 09:09 PM

:ditto:

Long live It's a Small World!

kimommy63
07-11-2007, 12:38 AM
:mickey:Hi guys!
Um, I have a 7 year old son whose love of all things Disney is as deep as mine, but he has a really creepy streak in him. We read the Kingdom Keepers together over the summer (a chapter at night before bed) and he loved it. What I found disturbing though was that he constantly goes back to the chapter where the dolls come alive in the ride and re-reads it and laughs kind of evilly (is that a word?). He delights in all things scary and takes great pleasure in taunting me about my discomfort with dolls and clowns:haha:. I've always found them to be creepy:scared:. I guess I must not be the only one though. I see plenty of evil/killer clown and doll stories and movies and tattoos around! Why else would they exist?:shrug: I have always gone on IASW as long as I could hold someones hand:blush: but I'll admit it is a little creepy to me, Disney classic or not!:paranoid:

snifflesmcg
07-11-2007, 12:45 AM
While we were there in 2005 one of the bus drivers told my kids as we were getting off "be good for mom and dad so you don't end up with the rest of the bad kids stuck in It's a Small World forever". You could not drag them in there:blush:

That is absolutely hysterical!!! :laughing::rotfl:

As I said before, even though they look like deranged Chuckie dolls, I still like it. Just hate that repeative song.

Gottaluvgoof
07-11-2007, 09:03 AM
:sing: I have to say, I can't agree on this one. I love it's a small world. I always thought they should sell mini versions of those dolls in the gift shops. My girls would love to have them.

p.s. Just try remember all the ways to say goodbye at the end of the ride. Better yet, just try reading them all :D

mickeys_princess_mom
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM
:sing: I have to say, I can't agree on this one. I love it's a small world. I always thought they should sell mini versions of those dolls in the gift shops. My girls would love to have them.
This girl would love to have them, too! I've wished for a long time they would do this. I picked up four dolls at Walmart a couple of years ago, but haven't seen anymore since.
:welcome: to Intercot!

Fantasmic
07-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Evil, evil dolls and no bad dancing. :thedolls:

walstib
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
:thedolls::thedolls:
In the old days, JimmyC and Marker would have found this thread by now.
By the way, the dolls are not only creepy, they are pure evil.

Fantasmic
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
I think we even made up new lyrics to the IASW song back in the day.

kaerbear178
07-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I definately think it's creepy. I've been on the ride once and that is enough for me!

Figgyluv03
07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Some of the dolls creep me out, but a lot of them are very pretty. I usally just ride it find Hidden Mickeys. Otherwise the ride does nothing for me.

McGoofy
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Evidently, we are warped parents. That's what we used to say to our son!:D (However, it never stopped him from wanting to go in there.)

:sing:
p.s. Just try remember all the ways to say goodbye at the end of the ride. Better yet, just try reading them all :D

I love IASM, and I don't think it's creepy. But...now that you mentioned the good-byes, here's what we used to think was creepy...We think the Disney designers slipped something in on us. Before the big refurbishment, one of the good-byes was on a big orange flower, and it said "SA-WAHT! DEE KRAHP" Now I went to the trouble of finding this photo in my photo album, just so I could make sure that I spelled it correctly. We took a picture of it because we wanted to see if it was a real language or just something that when phonetically pronounced comes out not to be so typically Disney! My picture is dated 4/22/02. Oddly enough, after the refurbishment, this particular good-bye phrase is no longer there.:confused: Anybody know anything about that???

emmingo
07-11-2007, 10:18 PM
My DH will not go into IASW. Absolutely will not. He says it gives him nightmares and those dolls show up in his dreams. I have no problem with it, and last time tried to drag him in with the promise of a tartan goat (in the Scotland part), but he just planted his feet like a three year old..:D

There was a radio show...a talk radio program...where the producer lost a bet to the host and on the show's trip to DW had to ride IASW all day, from park open to park close. He ended up riding it 55 times in a row...just by lunch. I think anyone would crack by then.

LandFan
07-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Only since I read Kingdom Keepers!! They definitely look:thedolls: to me now:D

beksy
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM

:exactly: I love that ride! One of my absolute favorites and even purposefully sing the song (I know I might be crazy!). We do it first and last thing on each trip and several times in between. :yay:

Bethanymouse
07-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I love IASW. The only thing that sometimes creeps me out is the water. But i dont know why....

LoriMistress
07-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Whenever I ride IASW, I always think about the Simpsons episode when they ripped Disney off--"Duff Beer for me! Duff Beer for you! I'll have a glass; you'll have one too!"

But since Family Guy did a parady with IASW, one of my favorite lines is:

"If you don't sing than you're forsed to do another Tim Allen movie!"

gueli
07-13-2007, 04:02 AM
I loved the way shrek parodied (sorry about the spelling) them after they arrived to farquats castle...
I find it interesting that chuckie is so similar, sombody must have gotten their inspirtion from there...
My DW does not want to take our DD there in sept. - she says its the song...
now i wonder if it is dreams...
:mickey:

pixiesmimi
07-13-2007, 03:00 PM
I was going to say the same thing as WonderlandsMostWanted. If you have ever read Kingdom Keepers, you start looking at the rides, PoC, etc. differently.;) When we went in June, I was looking at the dolls in this frame of mind and you are right, they do look like Chuckie dolls. I will never look at them in the same way. We have always loved this ride (except for the music) and our DGDs would cry to go back in even when they were around a year old. The kids love them but I would never tell the younger ones about my suspicions. :mickey:

NJGIRL
07-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm the only one in my family that likes this ride but it's mainly because the rest of them can't stand the song!

jszczur5
07-14-2007, 12:45 AM
I have never even considered the puppets in IASW coming to life, but can easily envision some of the animatronics in PoC doing so. That would actually be great fun!

Disney_or_bust
07-14-2007, 04:07 PM
We saw it for the first time last year. I was determiend to ride it just because I never had. But my husband hated it. He said he was creeped out, although it seemed cute to me.

EvilQueen2006
07-14-2007, 04:44 PM
when the park closes the dolls get together and plan the overthrow of the world through the use of their confetti and cotton candy weapons. Oh yeah, the squirrels and ground hogs are in on the plot with the evil dolls as well.:thedolls::thedolls:

:funny: :rotfl: :silly: :laughing:

I can totally picture this. . . .dolls from every part of the world coming together to revolt. I love it!! I love the ride and don't find it creepy, but this will make me look at those dolls in a different way.

countrycharmer
07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
This ride creeps me out...must have seen too mnay horror movies!!! Figures it would also be my daughter's fav!