PDA

View Full Version : Epcot's 25th Anniversary

atruman
07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Some news that some of us are quite happy to hear:

Epcot’s 25th Anniversary

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Orlando Sentinel Business Blog) – Epcot fans have been hoping for a big celebra-tion to mark the theme park's 25th anniversary but until now Disney officials have been discouraging the notion, saying instead that the event would be marked by internal commemorations. New Epcot Vice President Jim MacPhee is opening the door to possible public events, saying last week that the Oct. 1 anniversary would include "some surprises for our guests." As that news follows up his declaration that the 257-foot-tall wand sign will be coming down, MacPhee looks like he's off to a potentially big start among Epcot purists. MacPhee, however, didn't say any more about what those anniversary events might include.

big blue and hairy
07-10-2007, 01:12 PM
He's painting the ball pink, and putting ears on it... :cool:

:sulley:

LarryBoy
07-10-2007, 01:42 PM
He's painting the ball pink, and putting ears on it... :cool:

No, it will be pink with a big candle on top! :thumbsup: Or maybe they'll turn it into a big cupcake. :D

Polynesian Dweller
07-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Visions of a big balloon castle cake are flooding my brain at this moment. :laughing:

Jakk
07-10-2007, 05:28 PM
New Epcot Vice President Jim MacPhee is opening the door to possible public events, saying last week that the Oct. 1 anniversary would include "some surprises for our guests

According to some of my friends who are WDI they said the surprise may be 5 year type plan for Epcot. Also they believe it will include the announcment of the 4th rehab of JIYI (the one that will have Dreamfinder), and the announcment of the new E-ticket Worldshowcase attraction. But again thats what m y friends BELIEVE they will announce so they may announce somthing entirely diffrent....

But I'm starting to like the MacPhee person already. First the wand, now Epcots 25th celeberation. WOW! I'm all giddy inside....well guess who's going in October? :blush:

Horizon93
07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Sounds like, at this point, that the new VP has the right idea and the right Epcot in mind. As an Epcot fan, I am cautiously getting psyched about the future.

Tekneek
07-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Maybe Epcot will finally have some real guidance and principles. No matter how much fun I have had there in recent years, I have not been able to shake the feeling that it has been losing its purpose and descending into 'theme park mediocrity.'

Crow
07-10-2007, 07:34 PM
lets hope for good news for my fav park:beer:

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
How about the Wonder of Life pavilion?!? Something with that too? Update and re-open?

Horizon93
07-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Maybe Epcot will finally have some real guidance and principles. No matter how much fun I have had there in recent years, I have not been able to shake the feeling that it has been losing its purpose and decending into 'theme park mediocrity.'

Amen to that!

Speedy1998
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
How about the Wonder of Life pavilion?!? Something with that too? Update and re-open?

replacement!!

Dracula766
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
No, it will be pink with a big candle on top! :thumbsup: Or maybe they'll turn it into a big cupcake. :D

That's actually true.

I've seen the concept art.

GIANT CUPCAKE (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/dracula766/pink.jpg) :party::party::party:

Jakk
07-11-2007, 01:28 AM

The current plans is to have the WoL pavillion for private events and stuff like that. So there's really no current plans for WoL for to open again...but don't worry eventually there'll be somthing there, just not in the next couple of years.....

TinkiTime1989
07-11-2007, 02:04 AM
That's actually true.

GIANT CUPCAKE (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/dracula766/pink.jpg) :party::party::party:

lol wow somebody had a little too much free time on their hands. Anyways, I thought they were taking down the wand to make room for the hideous hat from MGM on top of SSE as a party hat for the 25th. :fresh:

Remzlightyear
07-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Don't they use the former Odyssey Restaurant for internal and convention events? I 'd like to see a futuristic theme in the WoL area.

Ian
07-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Don't they use the former Odyssey Restaurant for internal and convention events? I 'd like to see a futuristic theme in the WoL area.Yeah, not to mention the former Millennium Village location, too. Seems like they have more than enough space for that stuff already?

I'll wait to hear the official announcement(s) before I get too excited. I've seen things like this too many times before and they normally turn out to be something benign. They'll probably announce the return of the Kim Possible thing or something.

big blue and hairy
07-11-2007, 09:50 AM
They'll probably announce the return of the Kim Possible thing or something.:scared:

Dyanna
07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
That's actually true.

It now looks like the Hostess/Drakes Snowball snack cake!:D

jpH/keD
07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
How about 25th anniversary glasses like they had out for Mk's 25th... I have a collection of 4 glasses that came from McDonalds. Does anyone have these besides me? I love mine! :cloud9: I would love new Epcot ones! We will be there in Nov but I will watch for something cool for the anniversary! :geek2:

beksy
07-12-2007, 12:38 PM
How about 25th anniversary glasses like they had out for Mk's 25th... I have a collection of 4 glasses that came from McDonalds. Does anyone have these besides me? I love mine! :cloud9: I would love new Epcot ones! We will be there in Nov but I will watch for something cool for the anniversary! :geek2:

I have them. I bugged my parents like crazy until I had the whole set (afterwards I don't think we ate there for like a month they were so sick of the food! :blush:). I would love to have another set to celebrate another occassion! :cloud9: Of course, when I moved out, I confiscated the others :secret: so now I would need to get 2 sets so Mom and Dad could have at least 1 set!

tinksmom02
07-13-2007, 10:35 PM
That's actually true.

hysterical! :funny::silly::funny:

goon29
07-14-2007, 08:29 AM
I really like this McPhee guy. I scheduled my trip over a year ago, hoping they would do something for the 25th. It wasn't looking too promising, but that seems to be changing. At least the wand will be outty by then!