PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone else disappointed with Narnia?

Gottaluvgoof
07-10-2007, 09:10 AM
I truly enjoyed the movie, when I honestly didn't think I would. I was all geared up last August to go check out the attraction at MGM, but boy was I disappointed. I think they could have done so much more with that whole theme. Does anyone else have an opinion on Narnia? :confused:

avantgardeinker
07-10-2007, 09:12 AM
We were disappointed in the Narnia attraction too. It was basically just a really expensive preview for the movie. We had heard there wasn't much to it, so we might not have been as disappointed as some, but I think they could have used that space for something a little more worth while.

149 more days!
:mickey:

biodtl
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah - it was definitely a see-it-once-only attraction for us.

Mrs.Mya
07-10-2007, 10:45 AM
The tiny bit they did have was good, but we were expecting just a little bit more. Loved the actual movie tho. Can't wait for the next one. :thumbsup:

LarryBoy
07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
My son, age 6 now, really enjoyed the first part when you walk through the wardrobe, and sit in the "snow" and watch the movie preview. I wish there could have been more movie props and memorabilia to look at though. We also have quite a few pictures from outside by the lamp post. DS has never seen real snow, so he thinks the fake stuff is pretty cool.

JPL
07-10-2007, 11:56 AM
This was never meant to be a full scale attraction just a promo for the movie. They did the same thing with 101 Dalmations and Haunted Mansion.

Gusgus
07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Ditto. We didn't think much of it either. The only thing that would sway me to see it again is a hot day and no where else to take a break to cool off.

Gusgus

AuntDJ
07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Not only was I disappointed, but my 8 yr old was also!

I did like the photo op in the front of the attraction. However, I would have really like a photo op with the white witch!

DJ

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Never seen it.

GrumpyFan
07-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I was EXTREMELY disappointed in this "attraction", especially after waiting in line for over 30 minutes! This should've been a walk-through instead of an "attraction" with an extended trailer.

angedeaile
07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I agree. Infact, we expected more towards the end, but it left us with a great memory.

When the film ended and the room went dark, we saw a light around the corner. Everyone gasped in excitement as they saw this shadow walk towards us...Oh what could it be?!

It was just a cm with a flashlight telling us to follow him to the exit. Everyone was so disappointed from that build up that to this day, we laugh thinking about it.

Whenever we feel a situation has a dramatic build and a disappointing ending...we call it Narnia.

Glad to see others thought it was kinda lacking too.

LibertyTreeGal
07-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, pretty boring -- truly, I loved seeing the costumes. I would have rather had it be like a museum, just walk on in and look at the props without having to wait in line and then wait through the preview. Boooooring......

But wow, that chain mail was AWESOME :thumbsup:

And it wasn't until I saw her dress on display that I realized she was WEARING ASLAN'S MANE... GRRRRRR

phillydan
07-10-2007, 02:16 PM
The best part was that the A/C was working and we were out of the blinding August sunshine. Beyond that, the props were cool, but the content of the "show" was a disappointment.

DisneyDoug2
07-10-2007, 02:52 PM
The only nice thing about Narnia was the air conditioning!

Mushu11756
07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone on this post!! What a let down. Good air Conditioning!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

jedi jen
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Do not get me started. :mad: I mean "good air conditioning" is a common theme in this thread. That says more than I could ever say. (I have great A/C at home.) It also says that Intercot has some very generous members.

I waited in line for Narnia last summer. We stood at the door to the wardrobe with anticipation, ready to see what Disney was going to present once the doors opened. Little did I know that we were in for just a promo/trailer for the movie (which we had already seen) and everybody was to just stand there and watch. Well, my kids weren't in the front, and they could not even see, so they sat down and waited for it to end. I picked up my DD(4 at the time) to try to help her see. DS(8 at the time) just sat down and waited for it to be over. I would have enjoyed the costumes at the end, if I had experienced any enjoyment during the "advertisement." Ok, I feel better now. I really love so many of the other attractions; this was the biggest disappointment of our trip last year. We had an awesome time though, all told. This was the only sore point. :mickey:

SurferStitch
07-10-2007, 10:56 PM
I actually thought the set was pretty incredible.

When the wardrobe doors opened, I literally let out a little gasp. I thought it looked SO cool as you stepped in through the doors.

The promo was fine, and I agree, they could have done more, but the set was beautiful.

DizneyRox
07-11-2007, 08:18 AM
... It was basically just a really expensive preview for the movie. ...
I don't think it was really expensive. One of the cheapest attractions they could pull off. I'm thinking the TV was the most expensive part of that display.

This was never meant to be a full scale attraction just a promo for the movie. They did the same thing with 101 Dalmations and Haunted Mansion.
With 101 Dalmations, at least they had a full size mansion, cars, etc. It was more impressive than Narnia, which I think they want to position as the answer to Harry Potter in terms of franchises go. HP is getting a full land over at IoA, we get a cleaning closet with fake christmas trees.

phatcatrun
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
This was one of only two things my DD 8 wanted to see at MGM. So I decided to go to the "attraction" with her instead of Millionare with my brother.
We stood in line 30 - 45 minutes with her 4 yo brother that didn't really want to see Narnia. Once we got in, I do agree the set was pretty cool but I did really expect a lot more. Even at the end with the props.
But my daughter liked it and it made her happy so I guess that's all that matters.

Alpha Jeanie
07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
We were definately dissappointed with the Narnia attraction at MGM. I think it was even very boring for 9 year old who loves Narnia. I kept waiting for for a "door" to open so we could be ushered into the next room where the "real action" was. No such luck. We will skip it on our next visit. I think the best thing about the whole attraction was taking a picture of the kids in front of the Narnia snowy back drop out side of the attraction.

jszczur5
07-14-2007, 12:31 AM
My husband, 10 year old son & I went through this attraction last fall, and couldn't believe that that was it. We far preferred the One Man & His Dream attraction. It was so neat hearing Walt's voice - it took me back to being a kid and watching Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday night.
Narnia - not so neat.

merlinmagic4
07-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Thankfully we didn't wait very long. We won't do it again but it's good to do everything once. How long has it been there and when will it be replaced? Any thoughts?

DizneyRox
07-14-2007, 07:40 AM
How long has it been there and when will it be replaced? Any thoughts?
Much too long and not soon enough... :D

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Much too long and not soon enough... :D

Talk about hitting the nail right on the head!!:thumbsup:

We wish I had taken a picture of my wife & dtr the second they realized the "show" was over.:confused:

adamsfam5
07-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Pretty much a waste of our time and their money (or our money if we are paying for what we're seeing:mickey:).

Soul_Power
07-14-2007, 12:29 PM
My boyfriend and I were totally disappointed with this attraction as well. We were really excited to see what this was all about but thought there was going to be more to it than a summary of the movie and then glass cases of costumes and other miscellaneous items from the movie. I mean don't get me wrong - seeing all of the stuff in the glass cases was interesting, but we still felt that it lacked something.

On another note, it was nice to get away from that Florida heat for a few minutes!

psychotekkie
07-14-2007, 11:54 PM
My DD8 and I waited forever for this attraction (like over half an hour), so we assumed there must be something really good inside, and then we were so disappointed.

Though the forest looks neat, they could have added a few fantastical creatures, models or animatronics. Maybe Mr. Tomnas could have come out to greet us or SOMETHING... ANYTHING!

Cheerie04
07-15-2007, 12:59 AM
ditto on the overall disappointment. They could have done so much more. It was interesting for the first 10 min then after we all woke up and reallized that the snow was really scratchy and we were watching a movie trailer well it was all down hill from there :blush: