PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #80

King Triton
07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Its odd how the timing of these questions works out sometimes. A couple of you have asked when I wrote the questions. They were mostly all written in a space of a day or two back when the polls started. I kind of rotated thru several forum boards, but there's probably more Theme Park questions than anything else. I didn't have all 100 right away (maybe 90), so I've filled in the rest based on other posts, modified others (usually by adding options) and thrown out one or two and replaced them. There has been one or two occasions where someone asked a question so similar at the same time that I either replaced it or traded its position.

Anyway, the timing of a couple has been interesting. Last week we had the Wand, Pink Castle and Sorcerer's Hat question and the announcement came out that the wand was leaving us this summer. With this question, the same thing happens in reverse.

Disney Parks Florida has had two ways you could leave a permanent (ok, 10 years) piece of yourself on property: the $100 Walk Around the World brick at the Magic Kingdom or the $35 Leave a Legacy at Epcot. The brick has been defunct for a couple of years now and just last week it was announced that Leave a Legacy is no longer selling tiles. Assuming you could still do either, keeping cost in mind, which would you do?

Y100Q81 will be in Vacation Planning, probably on Wednesday.

avantgardeinker
07-10-2007, 09:06 AM
DH and I "Left our Legacy" in 2003 and since then we have added to our family. We were surprised then to find out how much it cost. We thought it would have been more like the MK bricks. We were thinking of leaving another legacy this year so that our DD (2) could be included. I guess that won't be happening. :(

149 more days!!
:mickey:

DizNee143
07-10-2007, 09:10 AM
me and family have both...we own i think its 3 or 4 bricks and we have 4 leave a legacy things...i am very upset about both of them being discontinued...
but i voted for leave a legacy..i thought it was a bit "cooler" and i was pretty much doing one every time i went to disney..but i guess i wont be doing one in Nov...

PirateLover
07-10-2007, 09:15 AM
We have a Leave a Legacy tile but only because it was a free option with our package one year. We like it, but I wish I could've gotten a brick so thats what I voted for.

mainemajor
07-10-2007, 09:24 AM
The Walk Around the World bricks seem to be a good fit with the MK. Subtle yet there. The same can not be said for EPCOT's Leave a Legacy. LAL, while a great idea seems to be out of place where it is located. The entrence to EPCOT was once a beautiful, relaxing spot with SSE looming. Now it is a crowded, not person friendly area. It's too easy for groups to get seperated from each other. Do not get rid of LAL, but please find another location for their display. A lot of people have spent good money to buy spot on LAL, they all deserve to be displayed.

Momof2boys
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
We had the boys do a Leave a Legacy tile on our Oct 05 trip. I thought it was a great deal & they loved knowing that they were always "at" WDW. I'd love to do a brick if the option comes back for our whole family.

big blue and hairy
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
You need choice three....

neither.... :D

:sulley:

darthmacho
07-10-2007, 09:56 AM
For some reason, the brick seems more attractive to me, despite the cost. :mickey:

DDuck66
07-10-2007, 10:00 AM
We did the leave a Legacy Tile twice, and the tiles are hard to find, and even harder to read. I much prefer the Brick pavers as at least they are legible.

SBETigg
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
I often stop and read names on the bricks, but I have never more than glanced in passing at the Leave a Legacy tiles. The bricks are the more attractive option, to me.

bleukarma
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
My vote is for the bricks. It appeals to me more then the tiles for some reason. I think because bricks seem more natural (you need something to walk on anyway) and the tiles just seem to be thrown out there.

CuteAsMinnie
07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Would definitely have loved to have a brick. Never quite got the tile concept.

mm59
07-10-2007, 10:18 AM
We have done both of them:mickey:

Jared
07-10-2007, 10:31 AM
My family and I have not taken advantage of either opportunity, but Leave a Legacy is distracting. The gravestones in front of Spaceship Earth are similar to the hat at the end of Hollywood Boulevard.

The tiles near the Magic Kingdom are fun and easy.

January-2007
07-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I always wanted a brick around the Magic Kingdom. I wish they still did that.

c&d
07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I voted for the bricks. I always like "reading" them. It's fun to see where everyone is from. The tiles are just distracting and so small it's hard to see the pictures.

Mickey91
07-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I love the bricks. I would love for them to start it back. We always wanted one and just waited too long to do it.:(

DNS
07-10-2007, 11:32 AM
We have a brick that my sister got for us as a Christmas present. I've always liked them and we end up reading some every trip we make. I've never been a fan of Leave A Legacy though.

auntfrannie
07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I would love to have a brick! I enjoy reading them from the TTC to the Polynesian. I hate the way the leave a legacy cemetary clutters the entance to Epcot.

NJGIRL
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry, My answer would be neither. I can't see paying for something that is nothing but 100% profit for a company that is already charging me to use the parks. I do buy things while we are there for memories sake but these are things you will never own, rarely get to see and will probably be torn down and thrown away eventually.

Figgyluv03
07-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Leave a Legacy at Epcot. I just think the area is beautiful and it's a great addition.

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I prefer the bricks at MK.

Tynkerbelle
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Definitely the brick! I had wanted to do one way back when to commemorate my family's many trips to WDW, but I never got around to it :(
I do have a tile at LaL - unfortunately, it's not with the people it should be with, so I'm kind of bummed that it's discontinued....

I like the bricks because you can read them as you walk along the path to the MK - the tiles are small and so hard to see, plus they're so scattered (I always have such trouble finding mine)....

Polynesian Dweller
07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
We missed out on the Bricks but would buy one if they came back. We had looked at buying a tile but so many of them turned out illegible it just didn't seem worth it. At least the bricks can and IMHO are likely to be in place longer. :mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I didn't vote on this one. I like the way the brick look. They are suble and unique as you walk to the park but I wouldn't spend 100 bucks to get one. As far as Leave a Legacy....IMO, I think those giant grey icebergs are disgusting! They are in a terrible area and are completely unappealing to the eye. :ack::sick:

biodtl
07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
This is a hard one. Leave a Legacy is a great price and the fact that it is a photo is cool, but I love the bricks for their more traditional appeal. I guess I'd give the bricks a slight edge. Or maybe the Legacy. Or...I can't decide!!

BritCody
07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm not really crazy about either concept but if I had to choose one it would have been the brick

Fortgoofy97
07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
The Brick! We wanted to do it when they first had them but we didn't! We did do the Legacy, one for the DW and myself and one for the 2 DD's!

GrmGrninGost
07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
The tiles are cool, but the bricks are AWESOME!!:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I would have rather people trample my name on a brick than my face be plastered on a grave stone.. :)

princessjojo
07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I just love to stroll and look at the bricks. Not only are they more attractive, but in a crazy way, more practical. They don't get in your way and don't confuse you as you enter the gates of the park. I wish we could have gotten a brick or few.

I wonder what will be next though...:scratch:

LoriMistress
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I would like to do one of the bricks, actually.

tinksmom02
07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
My vote is for the bricks. It appeals to me more then the tiles for some reason. I think because bricks seem more natural (you need something to walk on anyway) and the tiles just seem to be thrown out there.

:ditto: :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I voted for the MK bricks. We have a tile but I like the bricks much better!

MickeysEars
07-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I love seeing our stone from the year we got married. I did not know they were only there 10 years.

SurferStitch
07-10-2007, 10:51 PM
DH and I have already left two LAL tiles, so I voted for a brick. We never did it, and I really wish we had.

Both times we got the tiles they were free (well, part of a package), so we never payed OOP for one. We love the tiles, and always make sure we visit them on our first and last visits to Epcot each vacation. :thumbsup:

2Epcot
07-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I voted for the bricks. I've always liked them, and thought about doing that, but never got around to it.

KAT1811
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
We did the Leave a Legacy tile so that is what I voted for. I also voted for it because it is more affordable and therefore more families are able to do it. Walt Disney wanted WDW to be a place for families to go and be together and in most cases that equates something that is economically feasible. I think that WDW can be quite an expense for some and if they get there once in their lifetime it is a big treat. Not everyone gets there as often as the rest of us. With all that being said it was nice that they did something that was not economically crippling for families.

I wanted to do the bricks but they were all sold out by the time I made the decision.

mdearmas
08-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I have both. I have a walk around the world tile with my family and my Wife and I have a leave a legacy tile. I think they are both a good way to make yourself part of the WDW legacy!
:goofy:

squishy445
08-05-2007, 12:37 AM
I think they are both great. I have a leave a legacy tile with my husband, but I know that if they had still been selling the bricks we probably would have gotten that. They are both a nice way to leave a little piece yourself behind.