PDA

View Full Version : Soarin Mania...it's getting a tad to crazy!!!

Jakk
07-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Okay I really don't get this at all. See I love Soarin as much as the next guy, I'd even rank it in my all time top 5 attraction of Epcot but it's getting out of hand:mad:!!!! I mean the attraction is been out for 2-3 years and the wait time is not letting down. For example when I go to Soarin right when it opens there's usally 30-40 minutes wait ALREADY! An if you arrive there in the evening there about 1-2, and even sometimes even 3 hours. The fastpasses usally runout it the early morning so it just crazy, and crazy. Now this maybe a bit offensive or even remind of yourselfs but when I get there I see crowds of people running with there bags straight to Soarin all running like they saw some famous celebirty (and you have to look at there faces they like sooooo idiotic).

An one time my family and I were walking to Soarin and these crazy crowds of people were running and collided with us leaving some bruises. And the funny thing is that they just stood back up without even apolgizing or asking are we okay? they jut acted like nothing happended and kept running straight to Soarin....I hope that one day Soarin Mania will go down a bit because right now it's just pure madness:thedolls:

.....well just my 2 cents.....^^^^

BigRedDad
07-10-2007, 07:21 AM
All I can say is that there is no ride worth waiting an hour for. I remember when the Lion King ride first opened at MK. This was before Fast Pass. The lines for that ride were 4-6 hours long.

RAIDER
07-10-2007, 07:32 AM
I agree the lines for Soarin are mad and this is when i have gone off season ..I would hate to think what their like when the schools are off or during the weekend ... :thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
07-10-2007, 07:46 AM
I'd be thankful that we don't have 4-6 hour waits for Soarin like what the Nemo subs at Disneyland have right now. At least they are trying to solve the problem of waiting by giving people something to do while in line for Soarin, and by the way it looks, it should take up some of your time. They can't really do anything else to help solve the problems, so you just have to get there early or be smart about what you do to get on.

wjrhw
07-10-2007, 07:47 AM
My family and I love Soarin, but not enough to wait in line for long. We usually only go on this ride once per trip, first thing in the morning. Given the choice we preferred to walk on to Spaceship Earth instead of waiting for Soaring.

Sadly:(, that is not an option for our upcoming August trip.

Stu29573
07-10-2007, 07:54 AM
I've never waited more than 45 minutes for any ride and I don't think I ever will.....

DVC2004
07-10-2007, 07:58 AM
It can't accomodate many people that I think is a big part of the problem. A few weeks ago the wait times were 70-90 minutes. My sister has never been on it and they were out of FP's when we got there. We ended up waiting 75 minutes. Had she not been there I would have skipped it.

playdead88
07-10-2007, 08:00 AM
we waited right at 50 min last april for the ride but i can remember in may 2006 we walked right on the 1st time (without fastpass) and had about a 15 min wait the 2nd time! has it just become so much more popular? :cloud9:

CanadianWDWFan
07-10-2007, 08:19 AM
The fact that this ride is just so popular, I just don't get. Sure I liked it well enough, even got to see some of the places in California that I have seen. (Thanks John!:thumbsup:) But to stand in line for over an hour. Not in my book. If FP's are out then I'll have to get them another day.

As Stu29573 said, I have never waited more than 45 minutes for any ride and I don't think I ever will..... :thumbsup:

LauraF
07-10-2007, 08:44 AM
I don't get the obsession with this ride. Really I don't. It's a fun ride and all, but is not worth the lines and crowds to see it. Even Test Track (which I think is better) when it first came out wasn't that bad. Now I can get a FP without trouble or even walk right on. Unless Soarin' is a much shorter wait I'm going to skip it for my upcoming trip.

But on the bright side - at least if people are in line at Soarin', they're not in line someplace else where I *do* want to go.

Gottaluvgoof
07-10-2007, 08:59 AM
I go straight to Soarin in the morning and ride first, then get a fast pass. I get to ride twice and that's all I need. :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
07-10-2007, 09:00 AM
I don't get the obsession with this ride. Really I don't. It's a fun ride and all, but is not worth the lines and crowds to see it. Even Test Track (which I think is better) when it first came out wasn't that bad. Now I can get a FP without trouble or even walk right on. Unless Soarin' is a much shorter wait I'm going to skip it for my upcoming trip.

But on the bright side - at least if people are in line at Soarin', they're not in line someplace else where I *do* want to go.
That's exactly how I see it! At the risk of offending people (I really do not mean to!) -- It is a neat ride and there are some fabulous views, but certainly not worth a long wait. I enjoy the Impressions de France film just as well.

DisneyJunkie
07-10-2007, 09:52 AM
I love Soarin' too, and it's always now on my "must-do" list for WDW attractions, but I'm sorry....neither it nor any other ride there merits a wait on my part of 60 minutes. I wouldn't do that at any theme park.

MickeyMousse
07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
My family and I enjoy Soarin', but there is no way that I am waiting on a line for hours. My maximum is 45 minutes, and that's asking alot.

Maybe they need to add more seating to the ride? I remember once being on line and the family next to us asked a CM about the number of seats on the ride and she replied that they needed "twice as many to accommodate the crowds".

MsMin
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
We waited an hour in Dec. 05 when we missed our chance @ F/P ( we got them but didn't use them b/c we didn't want to run back there at the time:blush:) and decided to wait the hour since it was only open 7 months we expected a wait to see it. I wasn't that impressed and wouldn't wait an hour again. Last Dec. we had no problem getting a fast pass mid-day. I don't see these lines lasting forever; but, it doesn't surprise me that they are still fairly long.

CuteAsMinnie
07-10-2007, 10:45 AM
That's why park hoppers are worth their money in gold. We've never waited more than 30-40 minutes for a ride and never will. If the fast passes run out, we'll just catch the ride another day. Never do we ride stand by unless there is less than a 30 minute wait and it's towards the end of the day. Last trip we had a fast pass for Soarin that we picked up right when EPCOT opened. It wasn't until around 4:00! When we arrived at our fast pass time, the wait was over 2 hours long. OMG... no way!!!! We asked some of the ppl why they are waiting so long and they explained they have no other option because they did not have a park hopper pass. I feel really bad for the guest who are not able to purchase park hoppers.

Tinkerfreak
07-10-2007, 01:38 PM
When we were there at the end of April people were lined up and pushing everyone around. There were some people beside us from another country and they just looked shocked at what was going on. When they opened up people were running and pushing it was like a stampede. DH and I had never seen anything like this at Disney before. The funny thing is that they all ran and stood in line for 30 minutes to get a fast pass asap and DH and I went over and checked out some other things for about 45 minutes and then we actually got right on the ride with a 20 minute wait and did not even need the fast pass. Do I love the ride? Yes! Am I willing to push or shove anyone to ride it? No way! I was ashamed at the impression the people from other countries were getting of us Americans.

r4kids
07-10-2007, 02:00 PM
When we went in Sept 2006 we walked right on, a 5 min wait maybe. I am hoping it will be the same this year! I don't remember the time in the morning we went though, I believe it shortly after opening.

73 days!!!!!

Polynesian Dweller
07-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Definitely not worth a long wait for the shortness of the ride. We do it each trip, but only if we can get FP.

snifflesmcg
07-10-2007, 02:12 PM
If the line is long, I'll just grab a fastpass or just come back later....no big deal. I don't wait more than 40 min for a ride. Soarin is one of my favs. If you can't understand why the line is so long, remember, you are standing there as well.

Dicecatt262
07-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I agree, I can't stand being in the Land anymore, it is so nuts. I love Soarin, but no way would I stand in that kind of a line. Once I was returning with my fast passes in hand, but there was a large crowd in front of the fast pass line entrance. Everyone was just standing around. I caught the CM's eye and held up my fast passes, he waived me through. I said, "what are all of these people doing?" And he said "they are waiting for their fast pass return time." Umm, okay. They were waiting to wait? Why not explore the Land? Why not shop, sit down and relax, see Circle of Life, ride LWTL, whatever? Nope, just stand there blocking the way. I just don't get it.

ryca1dreams
07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I love Soarin', especially the music. I am very fortunate that I am able to take my family to WDW (at this point) once a year. Not everyone can do that. So, I will put up with FastPasses and long lines. It comes with it.

grumpycajun
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I have to agree. We made it on this last trip only because of fastpass. The lines were averaging 1 1/2 hrs or more. That's too long for me. Last year we didn't make it at all. We tried with a fastpass and when our time came up - it broke down...:(

Mikey Piano 23
07-11-2007, 01:51 AM
I like Soarin' but in my opinion it isnt worth even a 40 minute wait. I guess this could be that I have been on it more than 4 times. When I go in Aug. if it is too crazy my girlfriend and I might just skip it!

joelkfla
07-11-2007, 11:46 PM
The new queue games are great fun, if you don't mind looking silly and working up a sweat. But they are only in about a half hour of the queue.

jszczur5
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't wait for rides either, except for this one. This attraction is, hands down, the best executed ride in any of the parks (Well, ok - tied with ToT). When I get off, I can still feel the gliding sensation and smell the orange blossoms for almost an hour. I've never been to California, but this ride makes me feel like I have. I am one of those people who just can't get enough of it! Love!!:thumbsup:

Pocahontas
07-14-2007, 09:40 PM
The first time I rode Soarin' there was a 40-50 minute wait time. What I hated most about the wait though is how the line is set up. It starts wide and keeps narrowing. I don't mind waiting my turn in line, but because of the way it's set up, people keep trying to push ahead of you. Unless you have a big group so you can spread across the wide lane, chances are many people will push their way ahead of you. I do love the ride Soarin', but I'll only go on it if I have a fast pass. If they're out of fast passes, I'll skip it until another day.

JPL
07-15-2007, 12:55 AM
I rode Soarin for the first time in DCA back in 2002 so for me it has never been a big deal when it came to WDW. I don't understand Soarin and Test Track both are great rides don't think I am bashing them here but I just don't get people waiting 1 1/2 to 2 hours for either of them. And i ahte to say it if they put a new film in Soarin in the future like they plan to it will make it even worse than it is now.

goofygirl67
07-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I come to WDW so much my max wait time is 20 min.
I always get a fast pass when I first get in, I don't do the opening, too crowded. I can either get lunch right there in the land, ride the land or do the rest of EPCOT. I have even gone back to my resort if I'm tired and my time hasn't come up yet. I have seen wait times from 10 min (even asked the CM if it was correct) to 3 hours.

Mickey91
07-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I think it is silly to run like mad to any given attraction. I will wait up to an hour but prefer not to wait more than 20 - 30 min. We usually don't have trouble getting fastpasses. I will say that the extreme popularity is probably due to the fact that unlike Test Track and Mission Space, Soarin is a mild thrill ride that almost anyone can ride. It is exciting and fun to feel like you are handgliding (something I will never do for real) and see someplace a lot of us have never seen. That being said, MS and TT have over hour waits and those are just your thrill seekers. Soarin gets everyone! So a 2 hour wait or more doesn't seem so unrealistic to me. You won't be seeing me in such a standby line though. Fast pass or nothing. (Unless it is my last chance for the trip:blush:)

LoriMistress
07-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Grab FP for Soarin the first thing in the morning, before riding the attraction. Yea--Soarin' isn't that great of a ride (been to the DLR ride and the attraction isn't special.) So to me, Soarin isn't a priority for DH and myself. We may ride it once or twice to kill some time, but it's definately not on our things to do list. We're more interested in M:S and seeing the real beauty of Epcot than sitting infront of a movie screen and having Frebreeze squirted in your face.

MNDisney Dad
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
If they are indeed planning to have a new movie at Soarin, they should have another building to house the new movie and have the option of seeing either the California one or the new one. Also, I have found that when using your FP, you do not need to be there in the specific time frame. As long as you arrive after the beginning time, they will let you on no matter how far past the end time you are. I have done this on several trips and have had no problems getting on the ride.

Ian
07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Part of the problem is that Disney introduces so few new attractions these days (or at least good ones) that people have to keep flocking to the "older newer" attractions.

Epcot basically has two E-ticket attractions (Test Track and Soarin'). Test Track is what? 6 years old at least? And it still has long lines.

They've closed down the entire Wonders of Life pavilion ... Mission: Space isn't packing them in like they had hoped ... Imagination is a shadow of its former self ... All those people have to go somewhere.

caryrae
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Thats why I love going in sept the wait times are super low. I would never waste an hour in line when I could be doing other fun things. We went last Sept and got to Epcot at opening and headed towards Soarin first, without the need to run we were the first people in line. Sorry but Soarin is not a great ride, it was fun but not great. I think I would only need to ride it every couple years or so, unless the line is super short.

Followthatmouse
07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
We were almost entering our seats when a CM told our group that the seats had malfunctioned and that the screen was being closed for repairs. We were turned around and marched over to the other load area.

As our group was placed at the front of that line, we, and the CM who brought us, were subjected to rather unDisney language from those we had bumped from the front of the queue. I was rather glad that my mother wasn't there to hear it. ;)

Jakk
07-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Part of the problem is that Disney introduces so few new attractions these days (or at least good ones) that people have to keep flocking to the "older newer" attractions.

If your talking about Epcot in general then your really wrong. For example numerous attraction have opened in the last 5 years.For example Turtle Talk with Crush which is just a few years old, the Sea's with Nemo and Friends pavillion transformation which now I see hundredsof people(now the place is packed!) and the recent Sea's with Nemo and Friends ride. Mission: Space in reality is just 5 years old so it's not that old. The new (yes I call it new because it's totally diffrent than before) Granfiesta Tour in WS. An dont forget the big one Soarin that is only 2 years old! So were talking about 2 E-tickets, and 3 C-tickets rides in the last 5 years. So yeah you are just TOTALLY wrong.

Epcot basically has two E-ticket attractions (Test Track and Soarin').

4 E-tickets acutally. Soarin, Test Track, Mission: Space, and SSE. No matter what you may think Mission: Space is considerd a E-ticket, and also SSE is considerd a E-ticket. Just how the Haunted Mansion, and POTC are dark ride E-tickets.

Test Track is what? 6 years old at least? And it still has long lines.

Splash Mountain is 17 years old and still has long lines, SM is about 20 years old and there's still long lines. If you havent realized this but EVERY E-ticket attraction will always have (usally) 30min and up wait. Thats why..guess what Test Track is a E-TICKET!!! It's always going to have long lines! So always excpect to wait in a E-ticket attraction...

They've closed down the entire Wonders of Life pavilion ...

I'm mourning for it's loss as we speak. No but seriously your acting this was the most popular pavillion in Epcot! Even when it was seasonally open you'd be lucky to find at least 10 people there. So Disney had no point of keepeing it open it was just rotting away. Don't worry eventually somthing will be there just not in the next couple of years...

Mission: Space isn't packing them in like they had hoped

Do tell? It usally has 30min-60min wait. It's not like nobody is going on it, so yeah what did Disney hope?

... Imagination is a shadow of its former self

Thats why there refurbishing it for the 4th time to make it awsome again and bring back Dreamfinder, the refurb should start somtime early next year. But okay say we have a new improved JII with Dreamfiner and all it's glory and the 2nd floor (which it's going to be for the 25th) would be open. Do you acutally think it'd make an imapact on Soarin lines? Sure I'd think there might be a 30minute wait and might take SOME of the large crowds out of Soarin.

... All those people have to go somewhere.

Yeah and thats SSE, Test Track, Mission: Space, and all the other attractions in Epcot snd World showcase....

Olivia's Daddy
07-17-2007, 09:26 AM
My limit is 20 minutes. With Fastpass, that short limit is never an issue. The problem I have with Soarin is how chaotic the entire Land pavilion has become. The noise kills me.

WDWgoofy
07-28-2007, 10:54 AM
The problem with Soarin is that every person that enters Epcot can and will enjoy the ride, regardless of age or interests.

In other words, a perfect theme park ride.

angedeaile
07-28-2007, 11:38 PM
This is why we didn't bother going on it last year. The wait was too long and FP were gone both days we went.

I guess I am one of those that, I know my wait time can be better spent enjoying something else at Epcot.

We are going to see if it is the same tale when we go in January. If it is, then we will pass again. No biggie.

SpecJoe Magic
07-29-2007, 06:45 AM
The problem with Soarin is that every person that enters Epcot can and will enjoy the ride, regardless of age or interests.

You hit the nail on the head with that statement. Plus, the capacity of the ride is not as much as it needs to be and that makes for a long wait.

Soarin' is a great attraction, but there are several attractions that I like better (Mission: Space, Spaceship Earth) or just as well (American Adventure, Test Track) so I refuse to wait a long time for it. I either use Fastpass or get to Epcot early enough in the day so that the standby line isn't extremely long. If both of those fail, then I'll skip it. However, I do understand that there are many people who don't get to go to WDW much, and they want to experience one of Epcot's signature attractions so they are willing to wait a long time in order to ride it.

Maleficent's Dad
07-29-2007, 08:40 AM
An interesting note:
We were at Disneyland's CA, home of the original Soarin' Over California, on July 4 (this year).

Amazingly enough, at 12 noon, on July 4, the wait time posted was less than 35 minutes for Soarin' Over California!!!

Not sure if it's because Disney's CA Park isn't very popular, or the ride itself is no longer a big deal out there. For basis of comparison, TOT in DCA's wait (same day/time) was zero minutes - a walk on ride...

So if you don't want to wait in line, head over to Anaheim!!! ;) :D

Jared
07-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Soarin' is the best attraction in Epcot and arguably the most incredible experience in any of the four theme parks. I rode Soarin' for the first time in 2006 and could not believe the sensation, beauty and wonder of the ride.

Though the thrill rides and dark rides are fascinating and special, Soarin' is unique. Realize Future World does not offer many major attractions. Because of all negative attention surrounding Mission: SPACE, Test Track and Soarin' are the two experiences guests know and flock toward.

Test Track, albeit rather tame, is not for everybody. Small children cannot ride. As others in this thread have said, Soarin' is for everybody. Entire families can ride together, making Soarin' a perfect theme park attraction.

The wait will remain long for years. Arrive early and use FASTPASS. I understand seeing such long queues can be frustrating, but those lines exist only because of the thrill and majesty of the attraction.

4littleboys
07-29-2007, 10:33 AM
An interesting note:
We were at Disneyland's CA, home of the original Soarin' Over California, on July 4 (this year).

Amazingly enough, at 12 noon, on July 4, the wait time posted was less than 35 minutes for Soarin' Over California!!!

Not sure if it's because Disney's CA Park isn't very popular, or the ride itself is no longer a big deal out there. For basis of comparison, TOT in DCA's wait (same day/time) was zero minutes - a walk on ride...

So if you don't want to wait in line, head over to Anaheim!!! ;) :D

That must have been some strange fluke. We go to DL at least 3 times a year (usually off-season) and Soarin' is always a minimum 1 hour wait - usually 1 1/2 hours plus. We always use a fast pass. I guess we should have gone on July 4th!

ghost999
07-29-2007, 10:40 AM
usually when we go, the most time for the wait was about 45 minutes at the most and then there were some times where there was only about a ten minute wait. (no i won't tell when we go) anyways, no ride is really that bad when we go.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
07-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I can take or leave Soarin' it's beautiful and all but it's not worth a long long wait for me. We'll sometimes do FP and sometimes we'll skip it.

The slow loading and incredible popularity will pretty much ensure long lines are there to stay.

AndrewJackson
07-29-2007, 11:48 AM
In the spirit of Yogi Berra, no one goes on that ride anymore, the lines are too long. :D

Christine
07-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I definitely don't think Soarin' merits anything longer than a 20-30 minute wait. My last trip (spring break) I was not able to ride at all. And yet I lived to tell about it! ;)

The only GOOD thing about these mania attractions is that it frees up other areas of the parks!

Let them have their Soarin'...I'll take the rest! :thumbsup:

emmingo
07-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure Soarin is worth even a 30 minute wait. I mean, its cool in its mechanics, but its not that significantly different from your average IMAX experience. Its good for families who have little kids, etc., but for us, it was FAR more hype than anything. The ride was extremely short for the wait time, but of course, compared to the other available options at EPCOT, its a great ride. I think the main reason its so popular is just that its one of only a few really "thrill-type" things in the Futureworld side.

mermaidmarian
07-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Count me among the many who would not wait more than 45 mintues for Soarin'. I like this attraction well enough, but I think it has limited repeat ride value with just one film. That said, I HAVE ridden it at least 5X, but never without FP.

wedway76
07-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Soarin is nice, but I wouldn't consider it a "must see". For some reason there are some rides that I have a "been there done that" attitude about and some that I can't get enough of. The "been there" ones we will go to but if there is a long line we'll keep on going. Soarin is definitely a "been there" attraction.

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I will NOT wait more than 30 minutes for any ride, unless I am forced by the fact that I am leaving (our last day) and I haven't had a chance to ride yet. I FP everything I can. And when someone goes flying by me running to get in before the rest of the crowd, I loudly yell, "Excuse me for being in the way of your running to get on first.":D

Maleficent's Dad
07-29-2007, 03:12 PM
That must have been some strange fluke. We go to DL at least 3 times a year (usually off-season) and Soarin' is always a minimum 1 hour wait - usually 1 1/2 hours plus. We always use a fast pass. I guess we should have gone on July 4th!
Over the past two years, we've spent about 20 days in the Disneyland Parks - all of that time in the month of July. The longest wait time we've ever seen is 60 minutes for Soarin' Over California - we always attributed it to DCA being an unpopular spot! (Now DLP and Nemo, that's another story! ;))

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-29-2007, 07:23 PM
In the spirit of Yogi Berra, no one goes on that ride anymore, the lines are too long. :D

:funny: "And it pays you money which is just like cash". I love the commercial he is in for Aflac insurance. The duck walking out shaking his head cracks me up!

handmaidenofprincesses
07-29-2007, 07:48 PM
It can't accomodate many people that I think is a big part of the problem. A few weeks ago the wait times were 70-90 minutes. My sister has never been on it and they were out of FP's when we got there. We ended up waiting 75 minutes. Had she not been there I would have skipped it.

Actually, my dad and I figured out that it can accomodate quite a few people... about 198 at a time, actually (there are 11 seats to a row, and three rows to a section, thus, 33 ppl/section. There are three sections in each concourse, making 99 ppl/ concourse, and there are two concourses, making it 198 on the ride at any given moment)

the thing that takes so long, I believe, is loading the ride. They have to separate the people into two concourses, then in to sections and rows. Then they have to wait for everyone to get on, get their bags/hats/etc into the compartments underneath, buckle their seatbelts. Then the cast members have to come around to check seat belts and make sure that small children have the seatbelt through the loop. The ride itself is short: it's the loading and unloading that takes forever!

battle beast
07-29-2007, 07:53 PM
:confused: ...And it's not even that good of a ride!

Come on, go on Star Tours and get the same effect.

stormyangel
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
We got so lucky with this ride! When we walked up to get in line, I believe there was like a 45 minute standby time. The return time for FP was like 3 hours or so. Crazy! But, we did one of the games that play on the wall while you are standing there, and once that was over, we walked all the way down to where they were lining people up for the next ride. They were looking for a family of three. We were probably 15 people or so back from the front, but we were the first family of three that they came to! We didn't wait more than 20 minutes to ride. That being said, we all loved the ride, however I can't imagine waiting in line for more than 45 minutes. I did want to say, we went back the next day and were going to ride again, but we didn't get there until around 2:30. The return time on FP then was at 6:30. So, we went back to POP and went swimming instead. :mickey:

MS_mom_1965
07-30-2007, 02:17 PM
All I can say is that there is no ride worth waiting an hour for. I remember when the Lion King ride first opened at MK. This was before Fast Pass. The lines for that ride were 4-6 hours long.

What Lion King ride at MK?:confused:

Lodger
07-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I know it's crazy. On our last trip even with fastpasses we waited in line for more than a half hour. The ride is great though and worth the wait.

Here we go again...
07-31-2007, 12:16 AM
I was surprised to see in early July that the trivia boards are no longer up. That was one of the things that helped to pass the time while waiting in line... now there are just photos.

Does any one know why they took down the trivia questions?

Jakk
07-31-2007, 01:06 AM
I was surprised to see in early July that the trivia boards are no longer up. That was one of the things that helped to pass the time while waiting in line... now there are just photos.

Does any one know why they took down the trivia questions?

Hmm I know they installed the new interactive waiting in line games. Basically it's kinda like the Wii where you use your hands. I think there about 4, or 5 games in all. There preatty fun to! I remember while waiting in line the games broke down so they used the photos...So that's proabley the reason

Maleficent's Dad
07-31-2007, 07:51 AM
What Lion King ride at MK?:confused:
There was a Lion King Show at MK where Mickey's Philharmagic now is.

StitchplusTink=STINK
07-31-2007, 08:53 AM
we waited right at 50 min last april for the ride but i can remember in may 2006 we walked right on the 1st time (without fastpass) and had about a 15 min wait the 2nd time! has it just become so much more popular? :cloud9:

well i wish i had your luck playdead, but with word of mouth, and more advertising, yes as with lots of things, the more people ride it the more publicity it gets so it definetly does get increasingly popular. i feel bad for the prople who have to wait in line all the time. i mean once all the fastpasses are distributed, if you really wanna go on it (especially people who have never been on it) have to waste half their day in aline for a 5-10 min ride. it is definetly ridiculus.

Jeff G
07-31-2007, 11:11 AM

Thats exactly what I was thinking as long as the height requirement is met. When you combine that and that thereare a limited number of rides at Epcot long lines are bound to happen.

I enjoy Soarin and would would agree it's one of the better new rides but I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for it (or any ride).

BMan62
08-14-2007, 09:37 AM
First time we went after it opened, Sept. 2005, we got FastPasses then stood in line for about 20 minutes - basically just long enough to make the walk from the entrance to the ride itself.

Once we got off, we immediately used our FastPasses and rode again. After that ride, the line was still relatively short and we went through again. Each time we asked for a different 'car' and row just so we could check it out from every angle. Best view: "Car B" Row 2 (if there are no long legged people in Row 1!)

In Feb. of this year, the lines were so long that we never got to ride it!

Goes4FastPass
08-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I'd be thankful that we don't have 4-6 hour waits for Soarin like what the Nemo subs at Disneyland have right now...I'm thankful I never felt tempted to waste 4-6 hours standing in line at anytheme park attraction.

disneynarula
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I had no idea it was so crazy. It seems to me like it might be more "fair" if they released the FastPasses at intrevals during the day instead of letting them all go in the morning. For example every three hours or so they could distribute a block of Fastpasses.

The current distribution kind of forces you to be at Epcot for rope drop if you have any hope of riding Soarin.

I wonder what would happen if they eliminated FP entirely in the off season? I feel that when crowds are light FP sometimes makes the line longer than it would be otherwise.