PDA

View Full Version : Question for Florida Residents

mickeysworld
07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
For all you Florida Resident Seasonal Passholders, do you find yourself wishing you could go during block-out dates, tempted to upgrade to an AP or are you happy with the Seasonal Pass? I currently have a Seasonal and I'm debating upgrading. I have 3 little ones who are just as crazy about Disney as their mom and love going even if we don't "do" a whole lot. What do you guys think?

Tuke
07-09-2007, 09:47 PM
As a matter of fact, I was faced with this very dilema just last week. I have purchased seasonal passes since 2001 and it always worked out fine, but this year I found myself in Orlando for a class during a blackout period, with a seasonal pass that expires in September. I knew I would be at the parks at least five days, and I would definitely park-hop, so I figured it would be worth the $120 price difference to upgrade. Much to my surprise, the difference was prorated, and I only paid $80 to upgrade my pass. Considering I saved $50 of that in not having to pay for parking, I'm pretty sure a five-day park-hopper would have cost more than the remaining $30, even if I don't get back before it expires.

Quite a deal :thumbsup:

magicofdisney
07-09-2007, 11:20 PM
I do LOVE Disney very much. I'm having a hard time staying away right now. But I also know how miserable I'd be if I were there right now with the heat and the crowds. I think I could handle the heat better than the crowds and the seasonal pass blocks me from some of the most crowded times.

mickeysworld
07-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Much to my surprise, the difference was prorated, and I only paid $80 to upgrade my pass. Considering I saved $50 of that in not having to pay for parking, I'm pretty sure a five-day park-hopper would have cost more than the remaining $30, even if I don't get back before it expires.

Quite a deal :thumbsup:

Tuke,

That is a great deal, and you are lucky! I'm not sure where you upgraded your pass but I was just at DD yesterday and the CM there told me they used to prorate but not anymore and that I would need to pay the full price difference and my expiration would stay the same. If I had been offered the prorated rate I probably would have upgraded but will now wait till my renewal date. Thanks for the replies!

Kenny1113
07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I am not a season pass holder now, but in the past when I had one I NEVER found myself wishing I could go during the blackout dates. I will not go durning crowded season or even worse hot and crowded! :mickey: