PDA

View Full Version : Ever fall asleep on a ride?

KH
07-09-2007, 08:28 PM
My family and I were listening to music from the parks at dinner tonight and the soundtrack from Spaceship Earth came on. I immediately reacted by getting sleepy... I love the attraction, but on those long days in the middle of a trip it becomes a fantastic rest stop for a tired dad.:sleepin: Anyone else have a ride that works as a battery recharger?

sgdisney
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
It's not a ride, but an attraction. The Hall of Presidents is a great place to take a quick nap!

crazypoohbear
07-09-2007, 08:49 PM
When I was pregnant with my second son, I fell asleep on Ellen's universe of energy. I sat in the back had the long seat almost to my self, I was feeling queasy and laid down, out liked a light!

#1disneyfan
07-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Universe of Energy, the pre-show to HISTA, Spaceship Earth, Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress.

We also were in WDW when the second Harry Potter Movie opened. We went to see it and my DH and I both fell asleep while our DD never missed a second!

berri_boo
07-09-2007, 08:54 PM
We used the TTA as a battery recharger & an escape from the rain :secret:

We both love the ride and never had a wait.

My DH is not a ride person at all so I'm lucky I was able to get him on the few "rides" that I did.

TILLYLILY
07-09-2007, 08:58 PM
My husband always nods off in the American Adventure. We love the show - there is just something about the comfy seats and air conditioning!

mickeys_princess
07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Carousel of Progress....every time...:secret:

princessgirls
07-09-2007, 09:19 PM
My DH is a world famous napper at the longer attractions.

Best Place to Nap:
Hall of Presidents

2nd Best:
Ellen's Energy Adventure. At 47 minutes, it's a good rest.

Julie:mickey:

mizzoumouse
07-09-2007, 09:25 PM
oh...where to begin??? :mickey:

TTA, Carousel of Progress, Country Bear Jamboree

Spaceship Earth, Ellens Universe of Energy

Sounds Dangerous (dont put the headphones on!!)

Wow, I cant think of any place at AK...

After a long day in the park, a litle nap is soo refreshing! I could almost nap anywhere!:cloud9:

LoriMistress
07-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Iv'e fallen asleep in sevearal attractions: SSE, Circle of Life movie at Epcot, and Hall of Presidents. I'm sure there are a few more but I just can't remember them.

SurferStitch
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
DH and I always fall asleep in Spaceship Earth. We don't care for the ride too much, but it's a great place to nap if you can overcome the loud, squeaky cars.

I've been known to let my head bob in the HoP, but I really do love that attraction. I did doze off in Universe of Energy once, too.

chrisb26
07-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Well the only place I can think of where I actually fell asleep was in the Hall of Presidents. My mom really wanted to go in so we did. I was fine until we got to the part with Mr. Bush started to talk and I um well :sleepin:

mainemajor
07-09-2007, 09:33 PM
The American Adventure and the film in France are not rides, but I have fallen asleep in both.

mrsgaribaldi
07-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I've slept on Spaceship Earth, TTA, Ellen's Universe of Energy, Carousel of Progress and American Adventure. I have yet to see all of this one because I always fall asleep:secret: You should ask me if I stay awake on any of them:blush:

NJBelle
07-09-2007, 09:44 PM
oh...where to begin??? :mickey:

..... Country Bear Jamboree

Country Bear Jamboree!?!?! :confused: How could you fall asleep durring that?

I nearly fell asleep durring Stichs' Great Escape. :blush: And I zoned out durring Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. But that was only because my little sister was creaming me. :secret:

snifflesmcg
07-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Well the only place I can think of where I actually fell asleep was in the Hall of Presidents. I was fine until we got to the part with Mr. Bush started to talk and I um well :sleepin:

Yup, same thing here.

I also fell asleep on Ellen's Energy Adventure and the Lion King show. The Lion King show was awsome but it was dark and it was SO tired and it was early morning. Too many mornings kill me since I'm a total night owl.

KH
07-09-2007, 09:58 PM
These are great responses! As I read them I kept thinking "Oh yeah, I've fallen asleep there too!" I can't wait to see some more responses but I'm heading to bed early tonight! All of this is making me sle.......

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
07-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Would you believe that I fell asleep on Mission; Space? Didn't think so. :D

But I did sleep through American Adventure the other year. It was my first time seeing (or not seeing) the show (always run out of time in World Showcase, still haven't been to all countries!) and I still don't know how the whole thing goes! :confused:

As for the other usual suspects, I like TTA, SSE, UoE, and CoP too much to sleep through them.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-09-2007, 10:11 PM
:sleepin:I am a old fan of COP, but boy oh boy in the middle of a long hot, sticky afternoon it is really easy to drift off to the sweet sound of"...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow..." FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

GottaluvTiggr
07-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I have never fallen asleep on a ride but my mother has fallen asleep on a ride it was Ellyn's Universe of Energy . i have to admit even though I did not fall asleep that ride was BORING!:-o

GhostHost999
07-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh this thread is a riot! Ok, now the best battery charger for me at least has to be the TTA...I love the ride, but there's nothing better if you want something breezy, shady, where you can kick back and relax a bit. If there's no wait, a nice Cast Member will even let you go round a second time.

Now when I was last at WDW (sadly '01)...My g/f and I were in the Hall of Presidents. The lights go down, the movie comes on, and not two minutes later, I hear this loud, rumbly snoring coming from next to me. She had conked right out. Now to give you an idea...she was 5 ft tall, petite thing...you never would have guessed she was capable of imitating a chainsaw like that. That was too funny.

ILoveLegos
07-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Our family has our favorites, because most of the time we are just daytrippers at Disney World. To go home for a break is a 70 mile each way ride, so we "refresh our batteries" sometimes by sleeping in the following attractions:
Ellen's Adventure - the best!
Hall of Presidents
American Adventure
The Movie in France
Canada - yes standing up - sometime we're just that tired, LOL
China - ditto
Tommorow land Transit Authority - a little jerky though but will suffice in a pinch for the younger ones
Carousel of Progress - puts my father out sometimes.
We don't usually all sleep at once, but members of my family have been "caught napping in all these places".
We snicker when cast members say, "Enjoy your nap". Usually in France for some reason. LOL

celestesmommie
07-09-2007, 11:20 PM
last wednesday i managed to fall asleep twice during the muppets

Belle--86
07-09-2007, 11:27 PM
My family and I were listening to music from the parks at dinner tonight and the soundtrack from Spaceship Earth came on. I immediately reacted by getting sleepy... I love the attraction, but on those long days in the middle of a trip it becomes a fantastic rest stop for a tired dad.:sleepin: Anyone else have a ride that works as a battery recharger?

I have to agree in the middle of hot day -- it's a great reststop and it never fails I always nod off.:sleepin:

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I have fallen asleep on the TTA, COP, Hall of Presidents and SSE. Now don't get me wrong, I love all of the above. But, in the middle of a hot and humid day, after you have been up at 6AM and in bed after midnight for 3 or 4 days and then sit in a nice cool comfy ride or auditorium.....:sleepin:

NJBelle
07-09-2007, 11:34 PM
last wednesday i managed to fall asleep twice during the muppets

Ah.... The unfortunate Muppets. I know some ppl who just think that this show is SOOOOO borring. It's sort of easy to fall asleep there though...... :bored:

Lizzie
07-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I defanetly fell asleep on Ellen's Universe of Energy and I remember waking up and thinking this ride is still going on?

Jared
07-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I've never seen The American Adventure. When the show begins, I fall asleep. We don't even try anymore.

Kenny1113
07-10-2007, 09:12 AM
On a HS trip to EPCOT a friend and I fell alseep on UoE.:sleepin:

big blue and hairy
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Although I love it, I've head-bobbed a few times in the American Adventure. The pre-Ellen UoE was a nap waiting to happen, especially in the summer....:cool:

:sulley:

DDuck66
07-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Two for me..Spaceship Earth and Hall of Presidents. I think the cool areas on a hot day just make me fall asleep.

moe513
07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
I was surprised so many people said yes.

CuteAsMinnie
07-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Lets see.... there's CoP, Hall of Presidents, Spaceship Earth, Universe of Energy.... all good for a nice nap!!!:secret:

Figgyluv03
07-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I've never fallen alseep on a ride, but I think a great place to sleep would be the river boat going around Tom Sawyer Island. It's nice and slow and you are in the great outdoors. I did, however, fall asleep at Blizzard Beach on my senior Trip. I was soooo beat that day!

Speedy1998
07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
As an adult no.

As a kid I slept through Hall of Presidents, American Adventure and the Enchanted Tiki Room.

dolphinmickey9170
07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
The only place I have fallen asleep is the TTA and it was only for about one minute. But our DGD takes a nap there. We usually stay on 4 or 5 times, when it isn't crowded. Nice and relaxing.

DisneyDreams09
07-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I know this sounds impossible, but during EMH at Magic Kingdom, we started the day late and were there until closing (2 a.m.) On our way through IASW, my son fell asleep. And even though they were getting ready to close the ride ops almost sounded like they would have been completely fine if we wanted to go again. We didn't ask they just offered. I thought that was great. We didn't ride again, i knew they probably wanted to get home, but at the nearest amusement park to me, God forbid you get on a ride within 10 minutes of closing.

angel2931
07-10-2007, 03:18 PM
When my friends and I went in 2005, we crammed a whole lot of stuff into 5 days. Our first day (a monday) we took a very early flight from NJ to Orlando, and as soon as we got there we checked in at our hotel and headed right to Epcot. Between the traveling, the very early rising that morning and the hot May Sun in Florida, I was wiped by the middle of the day. I fell asleep during Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Figment. Not on purpose... thats just what happened when they turned off the lights :-) LOL :mickey:

Disney Maniac
07-10-2007, 05:08 PM
The Hall of the Presidents!! I know it is American History but it is sooooo boring!! I have never fallen asleep during it but sometimes I wish I could!! :bored:

LovinWDW
07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I never have but, put my wife on SE and it's like giving her a sleeping pill.:sleepin:

rnin02
07-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I always fall asleep on Hall of Presidents, universe of energy, american adventure and sometimes COP. I try so hard to stay awake...but after spending so much time walking, in the heat, its hard to resist.

Rica
07-11-2007, 12:08 AM
I remember falling asleep as a child in the Hall of Presidents. That was when I was 7. I think at 29 I could still fall asleep in there. :sleepin:

loonieroonie
07-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Universe of Energy gets me everytime. I've never seen past Ellen introducing herself. Also, my first trip to WDW after a long day my entire family (both parents and 3 siblings) feel asleep at a movie in The Land in Epcot. Don't remember what the movie was about, something to do with land and agriculture I think. We all slept through it and woke up in time to leave the park.

KAJUNKING
07-11-2007, 12:53 AM
I've never seen The American Adventure. When the show begins, I fall asleep. We don't even try anymore.

this surprises me, although i can understand falling asleep in this attraction, not ever seeing it surprises me, it is IMHO one of the best shows in world showcase and one of the best uses of animatronics that Disney has to offer it is a very impressive show

x Kris x
07-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Hall of Presidents got me when I was a kid. Now though, I'm really just too pumped up to fall asleep. I really like when you doze off in small places while waiting for someone. It feels just like being a kid again when you wake up and remember you are at WDW! Like last year, we had a lot of people, so I usually had to wait a long time for them to go the bathroom/smoke etc. I loved having a little sitdown in Main Street, or a little corner in Epcot etc.

big blue and hairy
07-11-2007, 07:35 AM
The only place I have fallen asleep is the TTA and it was only for about one minute.

As far as you know....you could have gone around 4 or 5 times, snoring, drooling, people pointing...
:sleepin: :eek2:

:sulley:

Jeri Lynn
07-11-2007, 08:18 AM
There is something about the Universe of Energy that makes me sleepy. I love the ride, but when I get in there I cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open, which can be pretty embarrassing if you sister chooses to sit in the front row!:blush:

Kairi_7378
07-11-2007, 08:27 AM
DH and I BOTH fell asleep on Ellen, even though we both like the attraction. We had been getting at the parks at 7:00 AM for 8:00 opening 4 days in a row and never returned to the resort for a rest. I was pretty cranky by the time we got to the Universe of Energy. After Ellen, I was recharged!

bleukarma
07-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Even though I love Spaceship Earth I’ve fallen asleep in there before. When I was at WDW a few weeks ago I went in the Hall of Presidents for the first time in at least 10 years and I actually fought sleep because I was interested in seeing what changes they made. I’m a dork, I know! But it was so cool on a hot day and the narrator’s voice is so soothing….:sleepin:

wedway76
07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Let me preface by saying that I can sleep anywhere. I’ve even dozed while standing on a New York City Subway train.

I have probably dozed or slept in every show or movie that I’ve been to in WDW at one time or another.

I remember sleeping through almost the entire Universe of Energy ride (sorry Ellen). I can also remember nodding in the Haunted Mansion. I’m sure there have been more. For me any ride that’s dark and slow is a candidate for a quick Z.

DisneyCrazed580
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Carousel of Progress is a great place for a rest

Joanna
07-11-2007, 03:56 PM
For us it is the Walt Disney World Railroad. We've been known to ride continuously it in midday just to snooze!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Universe of Energy. I love the Dinosaur part, but after that, snore.....

DisneyorBust
07-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Let's see.....
American Adventure
Spaceship Earth (and I love this attraction!)
C.O.P.
Hall of Presidents
I also nodded off during Lights, Motors, Action!

snowflakegirl
07-11-2007, 11:23 PM
I love Hall of Presidents, but somehow I usually manage to doze off a little bit sitting in the cool dark. When I'm extrememly tired, I've been known to do the same in Carousel of Progress, but that's one of my all time faves, so I usually manage to stay away for that.

tony2979
07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Dinosaur! Puts me out everytime.

Fainting is kind of the same as sleeping, right?:mickey:

DisneyTeen
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
TTA all the time.
Also, Spaceship Earth, Hall of Presidents, universe of energy, american adventure.
Park Benches in random countries in epcot after a few:beer::marg::beer::beer:

johnfunkwriter
07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't know how anyone could fall asleep on TTA... the thrills... the hairpin turns... the page for "Mr. Tom Morrow"... you people must be type E personalities!!!

:D

John

mickey&missy
07-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I admit it! I feel asleep on TTA and in Hall of Presidents last trip!! I have an excuse though! I was 10 weeks pregnant at that time!!

tinksmom02
07-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Spaceship Earth is a guaranteed sedative for me!

MrPeetrie
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I've fallen asleep on Muppets 3D. I was just soooo tired and the seats were soooo comfy, I couldn't resist.

On another note: DW & I met a couple on the train in Magic Kingdom. They were on their fourth consecutive trip "around the Magic Kingdom." Their son (finally) fell asleep while they were on the train and they decided to ride it until he awakened.
:cool:

garymacd
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
I couldn't help myself! Spaceship Earth did it to me every time. Then I found out I had sleep apnea. That was why I was falling asleep everywhere...especially Spaceship Earth. All that dark and cool. It was great. Since I have started treatment for sleep apnea, I don't automatically fall asleep there. I still nod off if I am extremely tired, but not three or four times a day!

I am going to go off on a tangent here for a minute. Sleep apnea is one of the leading causes of sudden cardiac arrest and stroke. Symptoms include feeling tired all the time, falling asleep while talking to your spouse (maybe that was just me), even falling asleep at the wheel of your car, blood pressure increase, waking up in the middle of the night numerous times and incredible snoring and stopping breathing followed by rapid breathing.

If you think you may have it, or you think someone you love may have it, call your doctor. Treatment is painless and you will feel better so fast you will be amazed.

Sorry for the rant. I don't want anyone to suffer from this anymore.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-13-2007, 02:11 PM
I just have to let MIZZOUMOUSE know that you are not the only one who has fallen asleep in Country Bear Jamboree!! Both of my kids zonked out in there, much to our shock and amazement.

The grandparents took them to WDW a few months ago and could not understand why the kids kicked and screamed when CBJ was suggested. The kids thought it was a trick to get them to fall asleep!

Spacegirl
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I love spaceship earth but after a long hot day it sure is a nice place to relax and catch a few zzzz's.

FenwayGirl
07-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I love the American Adventure, but have managed to fall asleep every now and then. Also Ellen's

NJGIRL
07-13-2007, 03:52 PM
No, Never on a ride. I'm too excited while on vacation.

Gotta Love the TTA
07-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Believe it or not, but I fell asleep at

Lights, Motors, Action

Dracula766
07-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I couldn't help myself! Spaceship Earth did it to me every time. Then I found out I had sleep apnea. That was why I was falling asleep everywhere...especially Spaceship Earth. All that dark and cool. It was great. Since I have started treatment for sleep apnea, I don't automatically fall asleep there. I still nod off if I am extremely tired, but not three or four times a day!

I am going to go off on a tangent here for a minute. Sleep apnea is one of the leading causes of sudden cardiac arrest and stroke. Symptoms include feeling tired all the time, falling asleep while talking to your spouse (maybe that was just me), even falling asleep at the wheel of your car, blood pressure increase, waking up in the middle of the night numerous times and incredible snoring and stopping breathing followed by rapid breathing.

If you think you may have it, or you think someone you love may have it, call your doctor. Treatment is painless and you will feel better so fast you will be amazed.

Sorry for the rant. I don't want anyone to suffer from this anymore.

I wonder if i may have this. There have been many times that I'll get extremely drowzy while at my desk at work and I'll start to doze off. I'll catch myself and look at the screen to find that my face was laying on the z key zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I've been told I snore really loud too.

anyhow... fall asleep on a ride...

the American Sleepytime adventure :sleepin:

mttafire
07-14-2007, 12:28 PM
No, But there are some shows that i could fall asleep in.

JPL
07-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I actually fell asleep on Horizons and it was for quite a while :blush:

I arrive at WDW the Friday after Thanksgiving in 1998. Now I left right from work and went to my Grandmother's house on Wednesday night then didn't arrive home from dinner until about 10:30. I had some last minute packing to do and some other things before my trip. My friends were driving down and meeting me there about 9:30 Friday night. My flight was at 6:40 AM and so when I tell you I got no sleep it's an understatement. I arrive at WDW around 11 AM and headed off to the MK which was too crowded so I went to Epcot. I grabbed some lunch and went of a few attractions. Around 5 PM I watched the Making of Me and was dozing off during the show. So I had lots of time to kill before my friends arrived so I grabbed some coffee and the rode Horizons it was about 5:30 when I got on the ride. I woke up to laughing CMs about 6:45 :blush: I decided to head back to the hotel and wait for them after that ;)

disneydeb
07-14-2007, 01:02 PM
No, Never on a ride. I'm too excited while on vacation.

I echo that sentiment exactly!

mainstreet1997
07-15-2007, 06:39 PM
SSE. When I was on a HS band trip a whole bunch of us went on SSE in the early afternoon and fell asleep. We all swear that as we were going backwards "making our descent back to earth" we felt a little spray of water that woke us up. Have never felt it since!

mreinventtt
07-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Country Bear Jamboree!?!?! How could you fall asleep durring that?

The last time I was at Country Bear Jamboree the cast member running the atraction was passed out on the steps. I fall asleep almost every time.

Earnhardt321
07-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Yep every time we go my dad and I fall asleep in the Hall of Presidents. It has become sort of a tradition. I have stayed awake during it tho. It is just so nice and cool and you get to sit for a little while. I like the attraction but it is hard to stay awake.

kimommy63
10-02-2007, 01:24 AM
:mickey::mickey:First off, let me say that I love the dark rides the mostest! These were the ones that Walt was still around to supervise the design (unless I'm misinformed) and I have a deep respect and love for the man. I guess you could safely say that I almost idolize him for his vision. But I have fallen asleep in a few of the aforementioned rides. But I dont feel guilty about it though. I think if Walt could see the way we love his world and saw the excitement and the almost vibrating off happiness we do nearly the whole time we are there, he would probably hide a little smile and be glad we found a way to refresh outselves. I mean, if we disliked these ride and really just wanted to rest, wouldnt we just hop back to our rooms to rest? But no, we get in line to experience another moment in his imagination, I always have sweet dreams in these places and the earlir commenter who said waking up there was fun too, I feel like it's just one more thing to experience. The feeling of waking up in a cozy chair with all this amazing theming around me and my family smiling and anticipating our next adventure:cloud9:. Nothing wrong with that

Natazu
10-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Hmm, we stay up pretty late on vacation, it may be shorter to list the ones I haven't fallen asleep on but here goes. Let's see, there's the obvious ones, SSE, American Adventure, Sounds Dangerous, Hall of Presidents, Maelstrom, IASW, PotC, COP, TTA, 20K, HM, and once, no-kidding-you-can-ask-Rachel, Mickey's Philharmagic!

Grizz16
10-02-2007, 05:32 AM
I fell asleep in The American Adventure. On the same vacation, I also fell asleep during a Cirque du Soleil-type show at Sea World. :sleepin:

mouseketeer mom
10-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I can't believe all of you are falling asleep.
You must be a very relaxed bunch!
I have never slept on a ride, nor an airplane, sometimes not even in bed!

crltkcagle
10-02-2007, 09:08 AM
The bus on the way back to the hotel at park closing. Does that count? LOL I have fallen asleep on ellen's energy ride and nemo (only bc my ds stayed on it forever).

jwallace378
10-02-2007, 09:15 AM
I like putting my head back on SSE and also TTA as well.

RobWreck
10-02-2007, 10:02 AM
I fell asleep in The American Adventure. On the same vacation, I also fell asleep during a Cirque du Soleil-type show at Sea World. :sleepin:

I'll take that one step better... I've actually fallen asleep at Cirque du Soleil in Downtown Disney. Nearly front row seats no less... It was a combination of minimal sleep for a few nights before the trip and a hectic day that started with a 7 am flight out of NY (so you can imagine what time I had to get up to go to the airport) and ended with a late showing of Cirque. I vaguely remember watching some of the performers run up the side of a building and then fall off to some sort of trampoline, but I was nodding off faster than they could drop down.
:joy: :sleepin: :joy: :sleepin:
My wife even poked me :nudge: a few times, but I couldn't keep my eyes open...
Learned my lesson there... next time, stop for :coffee: ;)
Rob

mousetrapper
10-02-2007, 10:10 AM
This thread is so funny!:D

I've never actually fallen asleep on a ride or in an attraction but SSE is so relaxing to me. If I recall, there's a part during the ride that is just so peaceful and calming where your vehicle turns, goes backwards and tilts back slightly, and you see the stars above you. I always rest my head back, let my entire body relax, listen to Jeremy Irons' soothing voice and enjoy the moment! It's like I'm being cradled...just a really wonderful feeling.

Now if only the vehicle seats weren't so darned hard! It can hurt your back and head, so a little cushioning would REALLY make the ride a peaceful one! Maybe then I WOULD fall asleep!:blush:

Dawneeeey
10-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I can't believe I haven't answered this thread.

I had never seen the American Adventure and my DH and I went one night. I promptly fell asleep and woke up just before the end. So I still have not seen the attraction!

Also - I fell asleep in the Terminator thing at Universal. Apparently, I can sleep during anything. ;)

pianobabe
10-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I have fallen asleep a number of times on Ellen's Universe of Energy. If we are at Epcot and I am ready for a nap my husband and I head over that direction. Once the attraction gets going, it is off to la-la land. Also, I have a favorite bench in MK for napping. It is close to the pin/watch/jewlry store on Main Street in one of the little alcoves. I put on my sunglasses and lean my head back for a short recharge. :cool:

illini
10-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Oh my. I must be a serious sleepyhead. In my defense, I'm a serious nightowl and NOT a morning person so obviously, WDW is a major schedule change for me.

SSE every time, even though I love it. I'm so glad it will be reopened for our trip so I can get my nap in. :D

On TTA, they once woke me to see if baby DD and I wanted to get off. I said no, we were riding while DH took the biggies on SM. I said he'd come find me if I overslept. When I got off, the CM told me I'd slept through 6rounds. :blush:

I didn't realize it was that shocking, but I've also slept through Country Bears, and taken decent naps (though not the entire thing) in Mickey's Philharmagic, ITTBAB, and HISTA.

DizNee143
10-02-2007, 02:35 PM
i have fallen asleep in Universe of Energy...before it had ellen in it...and of course..Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure..

Von-Drake
10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I have rested my eyes on two attractions:
- Hall of Presidents
- American Adventure

kathiep
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Never actually fallen asleep.

But, on the last day of an 8 day trip, and the 8th day was a very long one, including evening EMH at MK, when I was riding IASM for the 10th time this trip, I was very tempted!!

BronxTigger
10-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Sounds Dangerous
Hall of Presidents
American Adventure
France/Canada/China
3D movies
Splash Mountain (yes, really)

And somebody else posted that they've fallen asleep standing up on NYC Subways or on buses. I've done that too. Good times.

tinksmom02
10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
My husband always nods off in the American Adventure. We love the show - there is just something about the comfy seats and air conditioning!

I fell asleep in American Adventure, too! Mark's great aunt dragged us to it. Afterwards, she commented on how much it had changed, and that it used to be all about the presidents.

She was thinking of Hall of Presidents in MK, obviously LOL

Imagineer1981
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM

as much as I love it, it knocks me out

dml
10-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Even though I may love an attraction, if you put me in the dark in a comfy seat with A/C, there's a good chance that I will fall asleep!

:mickey::mickey:

FenwayGirl
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Ditto on Ellens Universe of Energy..

Also, American Adventure. The seats are way too comfortable!

c&d
10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
My family kids me that the only reason I go on Spaceship Earth is to catch a short nap. :D

goofysbabe
10-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I find this post kinda funny - I never have fallen asleep on a ride, guess I'm too excited and I feel I've gotta keep my eye on my kids - who knows what their gonna do.