PDA

View Full Version : Asheville, NC hotels, besides the Biltmore Inn?

RenDuran
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Have any of you been to Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore estate? We're going during August and wonder about good hotels nearby the estate that won't cost a fortune. Also, I have a very rambunctious young son and I need a place where we won't be ostracized for his behavior!:blush:

biodtl
07-10-2007, 08:47 AM
We go to Asheville a lot, but we usually stay in a cabin - it's great because you can cook, have a place to run around and not worry about other guests. Depending on the length of your stay, the prices can be as good as or better than hotels.

As for hotels, I don't know any ones specifically close to Biltmore, but I know that the Hampton Inn near the airport is great - the place is always clean and the people who work there are very accomodating. They are also great with kids there. It's not right by Biltmore, but it's easy to get there.

Place to avoid at all cost: Days Inn airport. This was the most disgusting place I have ever been in - from the smell to the dirty sheets (including crumbs). Needless to say, we left there immediately.

There are a lot of fun things to do in the Asheville area, so have a great time!

RenDuran
07-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the cabin idea....never thought of that!

biodtl
07-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the cabin idea....never thought of that!
You're welcome! We got one a few years back from Sat-Sun for just under $500. It had a nice yard, a view, a hot tub on the deck, 2 BRs (1 reg, 1 loft), full kitchen, grill, etc. We saved a bundle cooking in one or two meals a day. And the drive to all the activities wasn't bad at all.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the name. But I know I spent a bit of time searching for rentals. It took a little digging, but it was worth it.

CPT Trips
07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa will have info on rentals.
We stayed at the Crown Plaza, they had an "entertainment book" rate that was very good.
Also, try tripadvisor dot com

murphy1
07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
We stayed at an Inn called the Sweet Biscuit Inn and they welcome children. The owners are so nice! They also gave us some great tips on places to go with the kids.

AnnieBananie
07-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Daughter goes to UNC-A and we visit quite often.....we have found a Quality Inn near The Cove (Billy Graham retreat) and it has always been great. Fairly new and renovated....great breakfast included, family-friendly. Not too far from Biltmore. (very good rates, too) Have fun!! Lots of good things to do in the Asheville area

RenDuran
07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all your replies....I'm really looking forward to this trip more and more!