PDA

View Full Version : Tell a story about your favorite bus driver at Disney World

GottaluvTiggr
07-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I will never forget one trip we had the BEST bus driver. He sang songs all the way back to our resort. After a long day at the parks and standing waiting for a bus for a long time, he made the ride so much fun. He was originally from Chicago, and my sister who was 10 had a St. Louis Cardinals shirt on. He was teasing her when we got on the bus, and even though we were on the back of the bus, he kept making comments about the Cardinals. He told jokes and sang. I almost didn't want to get off the bus, if you can believe that one! :mickey: :D

Christine
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
We've had some wonderful drivers over the year, but the one I remember most was on the way back from DTD Marketplace. We sang the Mickey Mouse Club song, he quizzed us with Disney trivia, he made a woman who got a cell phone call put it on speaker so he could talk too! He was just a hoot!

IloveDisney71
07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Our favorite bus driver picked us up from Epcot in the early afternoon. It was Nov. 2005. The bus was just about empty, but she got us involved singing "The Wheels on the Bus". It was hysterical! She blew the horn and turned on the windshield wipers when we got to those parts in the songs. The few kids who were on board loved it - so did the adults! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I wonder if we and the posters above had the same driver! Our guy was an older gentleman, we were on our way back to the WL from a looooooooong day at Epcot. We were pooped beyond words. He made a big deal about this cute little girl in a princess costume.."Hey everyone! We have someone special on board with us today! Princess Jasmine!" She beamed, we all clapped, then the fun continued. He would ask passengers about themselves, then the trivia game began, then we sang zip a dee do dah until we arrived at the WL. I know I'm a huge sap! But I thought it was the BEST, the cats pajamas if you will! It to me, was the best of Disney, what Disney is all about. About including everyone, and making even the most tired moments feel magical. I loved it, and regret not getting his name.

GottaluvTiggr
07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I wonder if we and the posters above had the same driver! Our guy was an older gentleman, we were on our way back to the WL from a looooooooong day at Epcot. We were pooped beyond words. He made a big deal about this cute little girl in a princess costume.."Hey everyone! We have someone special on board with us today! Princess Jasmine!" She beamed, we all clapped, then the fun continued. He would ask passengers about themselves, then the trivia game began, then we sang zip a dee do dah until we arrived at the WL. I know I'm a huge sap! But I thought it was the BEST, the cats pajamas if you will! It to me, was the best of Disney, what Disney is all about. About including everyone, and making even the most tired moments feel magical. I loved it, and regret not getting his name.

I bet it was the same one. The song I remember most about him was also Zip a dee do dah.

grumpycajun
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Good topic and great timing - for me, anyway. We just got back home from the world this past Saturday.:( We rode a bus to MK on the 4th and our driver's name was Lee. He was great! He played trivia games with us and had everyone on the bus laughing over his witty but good natured criticism of the ones who guessed wrong. He was full of some pretty obscure and fascinating Disney facts. You could tell he was having fun and that's what Disney should be all about. I was almost sorry when the ride was over.

Rayadragon
07-09-2007, 05:35 PM
There are two in particular that stand out in mi mind.

One evening, my parents and brother left earlier than I did. Although I wasn't around to witness it, they said it was a great bus ride. Apparently, a young child started crying. This apparently started a couple of babies crying. At this point, the driver staged an intervention and starting singing "The Wheels on the bus..." but he started at the part where "the babies on the bus go wah-wah-wah." Before long the whole bus was singing. Apparently the kids stopped crying as well.

On another occassion, my family was riding toghether. This driver was also a disney trivia fan. Unfortunatly, I don't think he was counting on a frequent reader of Intercot to be on the bus at the same time... I knew all the answers for the questions he was asking :blush: I'd wait a bit to see if anyone else would chime in, then answer. The other part was that he was giving out stickers for the correct answers. He was good to his word, and I made sure to give out the stickers to the kids I could reach (after keeping the first one - "how many bricks are in the castle?" for myself). At the end of the trip he made sure that all the kids got a sticker.

Soul_Power
07-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Ooh, this is a great topic!

My boyfriend and I had a singing bus driver as well when we were at WDW in June. He was telling us that he wishes he could try out for American Idol but he was a couple years passed the age limit, so he was thinking about trying out for America's Got Talent. He sang a good amount of songs on our drive from Pop Century to Downtown Disney - Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Robin Thicke, Earth Wind & Fire, etc. etc. - he had a great voice!

MushuGrl
07-14-2007, 01:27 PM
STEF!!! Stef had us rolling in the aisles as we returned to Pop from a late night DTD shopping trip. He referred to himself as "the crazy guy in the purple pants." He had the FUNNIEST laugh, which he demonstrated often as he cracked his OWN self up telling jokes. As we pulled into Pop, he made a big production out of reading the signs, throwing in a few extra "ARE WE THERE YET?"

We also had a very funny Hispanic bus driver for a very short period of time, as he drove us from DTD Marketplace to West Side before taking his lunch break. As we were seated, he told us our trip would consist of Blizzard Beach, Marketplace, West Side, Blizzard Beach, Marketplace, West Side, again and again until we died. LOL! Then as we got to West Side to switch drivers, he told us a bit about our new driver, a nice lady who was "Hispanic as well but just so SERIOUS." As she's standing on the sidewalk waiting to get on the bus, he's having us all stare out at her. "LOOK AT HER! JUST SO SERIOUS!" By the time she got on the bus, we were all giggling and she had NO clue why.