PDA

View Full Version : 2 TS credits per meal

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
You probably should pay OOP for all of the 2 TS credit meals. None of them are worth using two credits.

I read this on another post. Do many of you suggest this? Is this a "no brainer" that I may be overlooking??

Thanks

SBETigg
07-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I disagree. If you look over the menus, there are some 2 ts meals that are worth the two credits when you break down the dollar value. Plus, there's the joy of eating at a 2 ts restaurant, which are some of the best on property. Personally, I think it more of a waste to use the credits on breakfast buffets, which are some of the best values oop. Or some lunches. If you're looking to make the most value of the DDP, it is probably true that 1 ts dinners are the best bet of all, with some 2 ts breaking even.

But the benefit for us with the DDP is having it all paid off in advance, and then just relaxing and enjoying the dining we choose without the hassle of adding it up or breaking it down. We choose restaurants we enjoy, that end up making it worth our value overall-- so if one or two don't quite add up, we're still saving money and enjoying our choices. I would rather just go and enjoy than worry over making an efficient dollar value limit per meal.

psychotekkie
07-09-2007, 05:29 PM
But the benefit for us with the DDP is having it all paid off in advance, and then just relaxing and enjoying the dining we choose without the hassle of adding it up or breaking it down.

Well said.

Also, when we spend a day at a water park or at Animal Kingdom, we don't ususally use a TS that day because there is no appropriate TS restaurant there (minus Breakfast o saurus). So then we have one or two extra TS credits and we use it for the Poly dinner show or something else.

luvdiznee
07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I hope that's not true. :confused:On our upcoming trip we are planning to go to Yachtsman and Narccoossees. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I agree with psychotekki, there are days we skip a TS meal credit and pay OOP for a CS meal that day and use the 2 TS credit for something special!!

Rayadragon
07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
For my family the amount of food we get with the DDP is sooo much, it's not a problem at all for us to not use a TS meal one day then use it for a 2 TS meal.

Whether or not it's worth it can vary greatly depending on what you order. At Narcossee's, the entrees varied in price from around $20 to $54 dollars. If all you want to order is the $20 meal, then it's definatly not worth it. If you want some of the higher priced items it's definatly worth it. My mom and I managed to ring up a hypothetical bill of $180 at Narcossee's for our 4 TS credits used. It was well worth it for us because we never had (and probably never will) eat quite like that again (or until the next time we're at Disney).

jedi jen
07-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Some people may think this is too much analysis, but I go to look at the prices at the restaurants on another website and then I evaluate what I will use my DDP credits for. I will probably do more OOP for 2TS restaurants than not, simply because I do not need an app, entree and dessert at some. Yet, I do plan to use DDP credits for my kids at our CRT reservation. It is $23 a piece, and some of the TS kids meals are $7.49, so it seems like a good deal to me. Bottom line, is you might try looking at the prices and then deciding what works for you. I love Cali Grill, CRT and Brown Derby, so I try to do a lot of "calculating" to justify going to all of them, Cali Grill more than once. :blush::secret:

crazykids
07-09-2007, 07:17 PM
We'll be in disney for 10 nights in September using DDP, the signature restaurants we have chosen are at Narcoossees, Yachtsman Steakhouse, & Brown Derby. The only one we are doing OOP is Brown Derby as the others are a much more expensive meal. Dh & I ate at Narcossees last year w/ out DDP & our bill including tip was over $200!

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I guess it depends on which restaurant and what you want from the menu. But, for the most part, you get the same amount of food for the same menu price reguardless. There is just a premium for the more popular places. California grill might cost a family of four $200.00. Le Cellier can cost $200.00. Le Cellier is one TS, California Grill is 2 TS. The shows at the Luau and Hoopdeedoo, are around $50 - $60 per person, plus you cannot get a tier one seat with the dining plan, but they are 2 TS. Again, Le Cellier might be that much per person also with only 1 TS.

This is where people are saying to use your credits somewhere else and pay out of pocket. But, if using the TS credits is the only way you feel you can experience these places, then go for it! The value of your meal and the DDP is up to the individual. As long as you feel you are getting your money's worth and you can book a 2 TS restaurant and not feel let down or cheated, I say you are fine doing it how ever you choose. But, if you are going to pop on something and can swing the cash, the 2TS places are the ones to pay for. That way you don't use up all your credits in one place and you can enjoy even more fabulous food!:mickey:

Hope this helps some!:mickey:

BethieTink
07-10-2007, 08:35 AM
I think it depends. We are planning on doing 2 Signature restaurants this trip and I am not sure we are using our DDP credits for it. DH is a picky eater and if he can't find an appetizer (his toughest course to find here) to eat, we would be better off paying OOP for the meal. I will do an analysis before we go, so I know which ones to use and which ones to go OOP or go halves on. Do OOP for him and DDP for me. Thank goodness we also have DDE, so it helps with the OOP.

lockedoutlogic
07-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Yachtsmans and Narcoosees are by far the most bang for your buck....

Artists point is the least...I think the vaunted California Grill is the second least....their menu with the sushi and flatbreads is very nonconducive to the dining plan.

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
1) There are a few eateries worth 2-TS coupons.
2) Very few.
3) For best dollar value for TS coupon use
. . . never use them for breakfast
. . . never use them for character meals
. . . never use them for dinner shows
. . . seldom use them for lunch

NOTE: Some of the signature restaurants are a good value for 2-TS coupons. As long as you can see at least $60 per person for the meal, then they are worth the 2-TS coupons. (This is not an analysis of quality or ambiance, but strictly dollar value.)