PDA

View Full Version : Poly Luau/Spirit of ALoha Dinner show questions

DisneyorBust
07-09-2007, 02:26 PM
We have booked a POLY Luau dinner show for our upcoming trip in December. For the date/time that we plan to attend there is only Tier 3 seating available.
For those of you that have taken in the dinner show, will we still be able to see the show? How obstructed is the view? How is the food?
I will be calling Disney Dining periodically to see if there are any cancellations.
Any opinions will be appreciated!

DizneyRox
07-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Try calling about the Hoop Dee Doo maybe. IMHO it's a much better show, AND there isn't a bad seat in the house, Tier 3 included.

dolphinmickey9170
07-09-2007, 02:35 PM
We had cat #2 seating in May and we were all the way to the right of the stage. It certainly wasn't the worst view I have ever seen. The food was great. Even my fussy 16 year old DD loved the food. Being in the third cat, you might have a better view than we did as you are a couple of feet higher, just back further. Have a great time.

BluewaterBrad
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
We saw the show last month for the first time. It was Great!! Food was very good and all you could eat. We had cat 1, but I am prett y sure that 3 will be fine. We loved it, and will see it again soon!! Have fun!!:mickey:

Dreamin' of Disney
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I've been seated in both Tier 1 and Tier 3. Both seats were great. In tier one we had another party in the seats in front of us, and we were at the same seating level so I had to view around them, but on 3 we were elevated and had no problems seeing, we were only a little further back. The show is great, with lots of fun and the food is incredible! I love the bread!! :tasty: I can't wait to go back and see this show again!

I've also seen Hoop Dee Doo, while it was a good show, I enjoyed the Luau so much more!

Have an awesome vacation!!

pogo
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
I think you'll be able to see just fine. And the food was pretty good.:thumbsup: Enjoy ! :D

psychotekkie
07-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I've always had decent seats, so I can't advise you on the view.

But we love the food at this event. And also included in the price is free :beer::beer: and wine. :)

Sunshine1010
07-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Before the days of me being aware of the Dining Plan, we made reservations for the show.

I didn't do the 180 days out thing ---- I just called when it was kinda close to the day.

Because of that, I got the 3rd tier. In fact, we were the LAST table in the back...next to the kitchen.

View?....fine. BUT, I did have to stand up every now and then to see something.

We went in December also. It's an outside theatre so we were a little nervous about being cold. They had heaters, so it was nice.

The last tier IS elevated, so that helps.

My only complaint is that since we were sat next to the kitchen, we had a bright light next to us the entire show, along with the noise.

motherhamv
07-19-2007, 10:54 AM
When we went, we were in Tier 3. We could not see or hear much of anything from where we were, it was a real disappointment. The food was interesting, but we ended up eating the girls mac n cheese.

I recommend the HDDR, the food and show are great !!! My DD laughed so hard, I was worried she would pee in her pants. {she's 8} :secret: