PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving airfare question

mousetrapper
07-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Traditionally, what should one expect regarding airfare prices during Thanksgiving week?

I noticed the prices are really high ($200+ each way). Should we wait until we're closer to our travel dates to purchase or will they only go up from now on?

disneymom15
07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I've noticed that the airfare for Thanksgiving and X-mas seem to be higher that usual. I would keep an eye on the prices for the next few weeks and than decide what to do.

disneymom15
07-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Sorry, I didn't answer one of your questions. We went last x-mas and paid about $225 round trip leaving from our local county airport. I just booked for Halloween and paid about the same price.

BD
07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Although I don't know for sure but I would assume that the closer you get to the Holiday the less likely you'll be able to get even the flight you want let alone price. I'm not sure what airline you want to fly but the cheap Southwest fares will go pretty quickly.
Bob

KatGat
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I find that this Nov. is more expensive than past years. I usually snag a Ding special on Southwest in Sept. or Oct. Availability is always sketchty the closer you get though. I'll probably go ahead and book seats now at $200 each and try to get cheaper flights when it gets closer. Even if I just have a flight credit, I'm sure I'll use it for my next trip..

nicole48040
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Only cheap flights were months ago, you'll have to just take the bite. Sorry:( I had to purchase mine over three months ago, but at the time the deals were great. Don't wait too long or you'll get split up, seating pics start in August.

mousetrapper
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Only cheap flights were months ago, you'll have to just take the bite. Sorry:( I had to purchase mine over three months ago, but at the time the deals were great. Don't wait too long or you'll get split up, seating pics start in August.

Just curious which airline you found cheap seats for Thanksgiving week? I've been looking for about the past several months. We usually fly SWA, and they just released their schedule for that time of year.

mouseketeer mom
07-10-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm freaking out about Thanksgiving prices. We usually pay between $150.00-$170.00 round trip per person from Newark to Orlando. Now., I'm checking prices, we are leaving on the 16th of Nov., coming back on the 24th of November and I'm seeing $568.00 round trip per person. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a wreck about that., ressies made, adr's made. All around those dates. This trip has turned into a fortune now, I keep praying it will change.

nicole48040
07-11-2007, 01:01 AM
We are flying non-stop from Detroit to Orlando on Spirit air......family of 4 round trip under $500. But we bought them in March.:secret: